You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Papa's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Papa's Ghost

 

This occurred right after I graduated from high school in 1992 and yet still when I'm telling this story, I get emotional.

Right after graduation, I discovered I was pregnant. I was so upset with myself and depressed thinking I ruined my life. I was accepted to go to Howard University and due to start that August. One day I was home by myself crying on my parents' bed and questioning my faith in God. Then suddenly, I couldn't move it was as if someone or being was holding me down on the bed. Words can't describe how scared I was. I began to see a transparent shape coming towards me. As it got closer, the shape began to look familiar. It looked like my grandfather, (PAPA) I was so frightened, I closed my eyes. I then saw a vision of a little boy laughing. Then it changed to a ceremony. I saw myself walking onstage with cap and gown to accept a degree. When I opened my eyes, the shape was gone and I was able to move again. As I was getting off the bed, I noticed that my parents' picture of the praying hands with The Lord's Prayer had fallen off the wall onto the bed. I refuse to believe what had happened so I brushed it off, (maybe the picture hit me in the head causing me to hallucinate).

The next morning I overheard my father telling my mother he believed he saw his father's spirit in the house the night before. My mother replied by saying, "I wonder what's wrong, he only appears when something is wrong." After hearing that, I had to come out with my secret.

And yes, I had a boy who is now sixteen. I have two degrees now and am very successful.

Thanks Papa.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ijuannie93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-22)
Bravo! IT's good to hear about success stories. And apparently I need more characters in my response.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
I enjoyed this story! I was very unplifting and warmed my heart. In such circumstances sometimes it takes a nudge to realize that the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains. 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
ijuannie: I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes... Good story... And good for you that you didn't give up on yourself... I bet your parents gave you a lot of support, also... Thanks for a touching story... ❤
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
I am so happy for your success. I guess people on the other side really can hear us

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: