You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Visits From The Lady White

Real Ghost Stories

Night Visits From The Lady White

 

I was only 8 when she came to me. Once she showed herself my nights were never be the same.

My family and I had just moved into a new home on the south side of Kansas City. One night I awoke to see my grandmother standing in the open doorway of my bedroom. I said hello to her but she didn't say a word. I said it again but still nothing. I looked closer at her. This person standing there was not my grandmother! She was tall and thin. Her hair was long and her gown seemed to be blowing in the wind. I then realized I could see straight through her! I was seeing a ghost! Frozen with fear all I could do was pull the covers over my head and hope she would go away! The next morning I didn't tell anyone what I saw. My family wouldn't believe me. I couldn't believe it myself.

A few nights later I awoke to her again in my room. This time she was standing at the foot of my bed. I felt no fear of her. I could see her clearly. She was looking right at me. I don't know how long we looked at each other. The next thing I knew I was waking up to the morning. Again I told no one, not even my sister who slept next to me. What had I seen? Did I see her or was it all a dream? I didn't know for sure but I was scared. I thought ghosts only haunted old, creepy places. Not here!

My next experience with the supernatural was one to this day puts cold chills down my spine when I think of it. I woke to find her next to my bed only a few feet away looking down at me. I could see her face! Her eyes were sunken and dark. Her face seemed sad, forlorn almost painful. Terrifying! I could see all of her clearly and there was no mistaking what I was seeing! It was a ghost right there next to me! I can't even describe the fear I felt. As fast as I could I pulled the covers over my head and began to cry for my mother. The next morning I told her what I saw. She told me that it was just a bad dream. There are no such things as ghosts.

That was the last time I ever saw the Lady in White. I never spoke of her again until one night. My sister and I had a sleep over. We were in the basement telling ghost stories. I decided that this was a great time to share my real experience with the Lady in White. I began telling my tale and half way through I looked at my sister to see that she had turned pale. She had a look on her face of complete terror. I knew then she had seen her too! My fears were confirmed. I had seen a ghost! But why, who was she, and why did she come to me and my sister?

It was many years later that my neighbor heard of another tale about a night visit from a lady in white. It was from another young girl who she went to school with. I was told that her father did research because the event had terrified her so. He found history about a trapper who once lived it that area during the 1800's. He would be gone for long periods of time leaving his wife and two daughters at their cabin alone. During one for his trappings the two daughters disappeared into the woods. His wife was frantic by the time he had returned. They hunted for days but were unable to find them. The mother couldn't except that her girls were forever gone and continued to search for them until she too disappeared.

Since hearing the story of the trapper and his family it has all made sense to me. That she, the trapper's wife was the one in my room. That she was my Lady in White. To this day I wonder how many other young girls on the south side of Kansas City got a night visit from her searching for her lost daughters...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeborahBarry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeborahBarry (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-16)
Thank You so for reading my story and responding. At the time I last saw the Lady in White I was to frightened to say a thing to her. Also To my knowledge no one reported seeing the girls. No folklore about them. I've nevered wondered about her two daughters as much as I do about the woman I saw. Her sadness stands out to me now more then ever befor. I wish I could do more reach on the trapper and his family but I know not where to begin. 😕
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
wow, that gave me chills! I bet what zzsgranny said is what happened, she realized you weren't one of her daughters so you don't see her anymore.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
wow...how sad...yea, I bet she thought that maybe you two were her daughters, and when you cryed out for your mom, she realized that she was wrong, so you never saw her again... Has anyone ever seen the girls?...
paranomal_believer94 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
That must of been a shaky experience for you. Myself has had the same experience of a ghostly figure standing watching over my bedside.😕 Did you ever ask her questions?

Peace,
Paranormal_believer94

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: