You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: New House

Real Ghost Stories

New House

 

I bought my first home less than a year ago. About two months into living there I woke up and and turned around for some reason to look at my bedroom door. The door was completely open (which it never is I always sleep with it closed) and there was a kid maybe late teens early twenties with a punk rocker look standing there pointing at me. His skin was ashen, and he spoke but I couldn't understand.

For some reason I wasn't scared really, more like confused and I said "what" and he said something else, one word, I think, as he still pointed. At that point I realized I was awake and became slightly alarmed so I closed my eyes to try and shake it off and when I looked again he was gone. I fell right back asleep and when I woke up I remembered what had happened and looked at my door, it was open the same way it was when I saw him standing in front of it.

New House Face

A month or two ago I was taking a picture of a guitar I ordered for my daughter, it came out as a face, I would like to explain it as a light reflection but it is an obvious, almost "demonic" looking face. This is all that has happened. I am hoping one was a dream and another was an accident. I am no stranger or non believer. I lived in a farmhouse for a year as a child that was 110 years old, my sister and I would hear footsteps upstairs, our stuff would move, especially religious objects, and be hidden. The power would inexplicably turn off and on, I was even injured in an odd manner by walking up the steps. But we did not live there long.

Another thing that happened to me was that two years ago I woke up and could not move my body or talk or even open my eyes it was like I was paralyzed. I felt terror. It only lasted a minute or so then it was gone. I just wanted to share these things in the hope that I am not alone. Most people I talk to about it don't have even close to the experiences I have.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mickijwat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AnkenyParanormal (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
that is an awesome story, and that picture is astonishing. My paranormal team would love to help you with a FREE investigation if that's what's needed. If that's something you would want to look into, please email us at ankenyparanormalresearchers [at] gmail.com
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
Thank you, mickijwat for getting back with the answers much more quickly than I did with MY comments to those answers 😊 (sorry, lack of computer time and issues with viruses. STILL).
Yeah, that is ALMOST what I thought you meant when I was reading through this (hey, I am human, at times I "substitute" unknowingly, and am WAY off 😊) which was why it seemed like a "circle" thought. Meaning, the guitar MAY have been a "pull", but how so as the guitar arrived AFTER he did?
Another thought MAY be in that your daughters INTEREST (not in the life impaired, but in music) may have been the pull. Of course, that is all an assumption, as we really do not KNOW that this young man HAD an interest in music. Just his attire and style would seem to point in that direction.
I would be very careful in what you wish for ("...I'm kind of anxious to see the kid again") as I am sure you already know, what with your back ground and all. But, personally, I think you hit on something there that may be a... Not sure what word I am looking for there.
Seems to me, when people want to "close themselves off" to the paranormal (again, this is JUST my personal thoughts on this, and you MAY NOT be able to locate anything about it on the Net), one of the first steps is in ignoring the possibility.
For instance. As children, when we go to our parents with something we think we saw, generally (not all the time, but "generally") we are told it was all a bad dream, or our imagination. We are then sent straight back into the same room that we think we witnessed something we should not have.
In the long run, in order for us to "fight off" these beings on our own, we learn to simply ignore. I personally think that if you ignore it long enough, it will give up and find someone else that WILL acknowledge it's existence. Thus, closing ourselves off.
Long way around to agreeing with you there, but it makes perfect sense. At least to me.
Thank you.
mickijwat (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-22)
Oh and the pic was taken before the guitar was in the house. Sorry.
mickijwat (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-22)
Oddly enough I'm kind of anxious to see the kid again. Seeing him once and taking this pic make me wonder if they were both coincedence. If one was a fluke and another a dream? Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to say something out loud and acknowledge it?
mickijwat (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-22)
I have not seen him again, nor have I acknowledged him. I do get a feeling that I am not alone but I do not sense that anything is out to harm me or is negative in anyway. I never even talk about it in my house. I don't want my children to be scared. I think not acknowledging "it" has been the key to not having him be there. Yes the guitar was in the bag. But it looked nothing like this. The bag laid flat on the guitar completely taut on the guitar. At first when I took the pic I didn't notice it I just saw black and clicked the button again to take it again and it came out fine the guitar was in the pic a few feet away the lighting was very bright and everything was normal. I think what I will do is continue to take pics and not say anything to "it" and see what I get!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-18)
You are definitely not alone, that is for sure.
I wonder, have you taken any more pictures of the guitar in similar lighting to see if you can get similar results? I see that you did take additional pictures, but did you try to "set it up"? Also, in THIS picture, was the guitar IN the bag?
This is very interesting in that this entity attempted to communicate with you, or at least he appeared to try to. And it WOULD appear, through your typed description of the young man, that the guitar COULD be a "link" of sorts...
Just typing what I am brainstorming, I guess. BUT, if I read this right, the young man appeared BEFORE you got the guitar for your daughter...
Which ALMOST would seem to point to a different kind of "connection", so to speak. Similar likes and all of that. Am I making sense to you? I am NOT trying to be confusing, just trying to think this out.
Have you seen the young man again?
Thank you.
mickijwat (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-17)
I have had trouble sleeping in this house and do feel a bit frightened at night, but not threatened. I know the history it was built in 1939 and the previous owners moved. As far as I know and the neighbors know no one has passed away here. I am going to look into it more though. The picture I was taking was very bright I actually have a copy of it it was a guitar in a bag about 4 feet away from camera. It was NOTHING like the picture I got the first time I tried (the dark image).
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
Scary-looking picture! I can't even see a guitar in that pic, although it is a bit small so maybe I'm just not seeing it. Here come the obvious questions: do you know any history about the house, previous owners, land? If not, it might be good to do if you are curious as to who is in your house. Also, do you feel threatened?
Cooperdoo (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
I had the same experience with the sleep paralysis. I woke up and saw kind of a shadow next to my bed. Next thing I know, I couldn't move at all, I could barely even breathe, but it went away after about 10 seconds.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: