You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Snow

Real Ghost Stories

Snow

 

Though this isn't the first experience I've ever had, this is the one that spooked me the most.

I was home alone (which totally figures). Parents were both at work and my younger brother was out and about with some neighborhood kids. I suppose I wasn't completely alone seeing as my blonde and white husky named Jenna was with me as this all took place. I had been feeling particularly tired thanks to the busy day I had the day before and the little sleep I had gotten that night. I decided to relocate from the living room into my room, Jenna following me as she usually does. I went to the bathroom, leaving Jenna out in the hallway. When I was done and opened the door to the hallway Jenna was standing outside of my opened bedroom door, her fur standing straight up while she growled. Thinking there was someone else in the house I carefully peaked my head around the door frame to see nothing out of the ordinary. Thinking Jenna was simply afraid of the dark I took a careful step in and called her to follow but she did not. As I turned around, from the corner of my eye I could have sworn a shadow detached from a living being darted into the far corner of my room. I quickly turned around and saw nothing. Despite this I was a bit shaken. I started to convince myself that my eyes were simply playing tricks on me because of my tired and sore state. Jenna, however, was now barking and snarling at some unseen thing behind me. Then something odd happened- a sudden change in temperature occurred around my back. I turned to face it but still could see nothing odd, but it was still very cold in that small spot. I had this feeling of being watched. Like someone was giving me their complete undivided attention mixed with some sort of vibe that carried out a creepy- even angry- feeling. I was going to reach out and wave my hand over the cold spot, but Jenna must have found this threatening to me- For she literally leapt into my room continuing to snarl and, would have run straight into me had I not jumped, but instead ran through the area where the cold spot was.

The feeling of being watched vanished, as did the previously cold spot in my room. Though with this completely calm and silent setting, I started to get the chills. I was slow with climbing under the covers of my bed and was just about ready to fall asleep when my TV decided to turn itself on. I do have cable, so I was pretty confused when displayed on the screen was simply white-noise (Static or "snow" as some people call it). I sat up, Jenna deciding to jump onto my bed and sit alongside me. We both kind of just stared at the screen for a bit until I was sure I could see a face pieced together out of the blurring white specs that flickered inside the screen. I lifted my remote and just as I put my thumb over the "power" button this loud, high pitched scream came from my television. Not the kind of cheesy horror-film screams you hear in movies either. This scream was one of complete fear and anguish twisted with anger and agony. It was so loud my ears were still ringing ten minutes after the TV had clicked off.

On occasion my TV will still do this. I refuse to simply ignore it and walk out of the room because of the way I interpret the pained cry. I've tried asking questions after the TV turns off and have yet to receive any answers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NecroCarnival, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kiki85748 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
my room is haunted once my dog Alex and I were in my room him on the end of the bed and me at my desk nothing was moving in my room and all of a sudden the fan started to move and my door was closed and no one could get in my room then my dog started to growl at the door and I saw a shadow of a tall man I rubbed my eyes but it was still there I looked away from it hoping it would go away and looked back and it vanished my room has been haunted ever since oh and I am a witch and witches are not evil REMEMBER THAT
NecroCarnival (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
Shia453: I should have been more clear on it, I re-read my story and it seems like I did turn the TV off before I hear the scream. What happens is my TV turns itself off seconds after the scream. Sorry for the confusion.

Cutechoy: Wouldn't surprise me if it is just my imagination. I can't know for sure though.

HobbyHolly: I'll try to find more out about the land my house was built on. It'd deffinatly help if I knew more about the history of it.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
sorry: "I wonder what use* to be on the land".

I was typing too early this morning
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
McHenry has a lot of history to it. There is a book out there with all sorts of legends and stories of paranormal activities. I wouldn't be surprised if something was in your home.

I wonder what USED to be on the land in which your house sits. Such as an old farm? Or something along those lines
Anathema (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
Wow, that's pretty scary! Of course, TVs terrify me. I won't watch one (or at least turn it off) in the dark. Gives me the creeps... Wish I had something useful to contribute here, but I don't, so I'll merely wish you luck in finding out what this thing is and in dealing with it. Be careful though!
cutechoy (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
what a scary story...

I think the "snow" is just your wild imagination...

Just comment...

By:choy-choy
Shia453 (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
What I understand from your story is that the face begins to manifest just before you turn the TV off, and it is at the point that you hear the scream.

If I understood correctly, then maybe by turning off the TV just as the spirit is piecing itself together, you're cutting off the energy that it is using to try to manifest. That could explain the cry of pain as the TV turns off, and why nothing else occurs afterward - the spirit is too drained to try.

Have you tried just waiting to see what happens? Maybe the spirit is trying to communicate, but you keep interfering and don't give it the chance.
NecroCarnival (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
hobbyholly: I've been asking the questions "out loud" hoping that something would move an object in my room or turn the TV back on again in response to let me know it's still there. My parents still complain about feeling as though "Someone is watching them" occasionally but usually just shrug it off. My little brother used to see things but hasn't said anything about any "sightings" for a few years. As for the land, we are the first people to live in this house but we have a lot of antique furnature we've bought off of other people and it makes me think that maybe it had an emotional attachment to something in my room. We live in a little area between McHenry and Island Lake.

Nor_Cal_Girl: I've lived in this house all my life and no, it is not the first thing I've experienced (but I figure I'll write all those stories out soon and submit them through here). My mom has told me some things that have happened like her key to the house standing straight up and her being unable to balance it properly when trying to make it stand up in the same way. She's also told me she's seen and heard a few things since moving here but has ignored it and stoped seeing/hearing anything since. My little brother, as mentioned before, has seen a few things but hasn't said anything about "seeing something weird" in a few years.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
Man, what a scary experience! I hate that "snow" static, it's just waiting to have something pop out of it. I don't miss cable hahaha. So, questions: have you recently moved to the house? If not, then has anything else strange happened before this? And have any of your family members experienced the same/ similar things?

Great story!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
"I've tried asking questions after the TV turns off and have yet to receive any answers."- are you asking questions "out loud"? Or to a parent/family member?

Has anyone else in the house noticed anything?

I hate to sound like a broken record: do you know anything about the house/land? Also if you don't mind me asking, where in Illinois did/does this take place?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: