You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Second Floor Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Second Floor Haunting

 

This isn't exactly a story, but I need comments and opinions on this. In my upstairs hallway, you always hear creaking footsteps (more than the ones from a normal person) even when you're the only one in the house. You also could swear that you feel someone watching you from it. As I type this, I feel it (the computer room from the hallway). I myself have seen a few things but I'm only able to see it from the corner of my eye. If I look straight on the shadow, either it completely disappears or I see a faint aura kind of thing just without the person in the middle of it.

Sometimes you hear faint tapping, scrapping, or, breathing. I'll also sense it in my room as I try to sleep... Or do anything really. I can also tell it's close because I can't breath or move right, like I'm frozen or something. It usually happens when the lights are out in my room or the hallway. As I'm unable to move, I can half see where it is but I usually can only sense it.

Is it possible that my family brought it here? Or that we created it ourselves? I think there may be two of them, one is in my bedroom, it's only been bothering me... I don't have any old or antique stuff in there.

PLEASE HELP!

Other hauntings by lovable_outcast

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
I some times hear sudden big big footsteps. The most interesting fact is that I always hear it on same time, like 1:00 p.m. At night. Some times I also feel that someone is bothering me, but I am now used to it... Dont worry 😊 If you don't bother it, this creepy stuff might get away from you. 😉

Take Care,
Twinkle ❤
angelicalyka811 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
i think it's normal to hear footsteps... I hear it all the time, day time or night time, alone or with someone. It's usually at the second floor... I even heard it seconds ago but I'm used to it. Everybody's sleeping except me. Sometimes when I'm alone here at home, I can even hear the table or a chair being moved but that's okay, maybe it's just keeping the room in order, because sometimes I leave it in a mess... Hehehe... This is angelicalyka811s cousin (29 yrs.old)
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-17)
it is very common for you to see these entitys only out of the corner of your eye. Sometimes, just as much as you don't want to see them they don't want to be seen.

it sounds as if the entity does not mean harm but is connected either to you or the property.

try the cleansing ceremony as Shane mentioned. Also, pray pray pray.
have a Bible close at hand.

God Bless!
Tantaga (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
I agree with Shane, in your case you should burn some lavender incense and white sage. Although, I would burn the white sage first to send away negative energy or spirits and then burn the lavender to bring in positive energy. Plus, the lavender will help get rid of the white sage smell if burned second.

Start with your room first and leave the white sage burning in your room for about an hour. Then switch to the lavender incense and let it burn out. After clearing your room, go ahead and do the rest of the home by briefly walking in with white sage in each room's corners and then repeating the process with the lavender.

It will take about 15 minutes to do the rest of the house after you do the bedroom, but will be worth it. You don't have any negative ghosts in your home, they are merely curious as to what you are up to.

If you don't want them to peep in on you while your trying to sleep, tell them that they aren't allowed in your room when you are lighting the white sage. Do this to the rest of the house as well, stating that you do not wish to be disturbed by them anymore and they will give you some space.

Remember, the ones in your house aren't going to hurt you, they just really enjoy seeing what your' re up to. If you get the feeling again in the future after you burn the sage and lavender, say out loud that you need some space and they'll back off for you and leave the room.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Okay Lovable,

Try this and see if it helps you while you are in your room try burning some lavander incense or white sage, I won't say that others in your home will enjoy the white sage scent but it is the stronger of the two. Try the lavander first as this is more appealing to the living.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
Well as it sounds to me, this is the most commen of all "ghosts" I too have had this feeling that someone is watching me, although I am not trying to debunk anything I am just saying that in most cases it tends to be in peoples minds, well best of luck to you, sorry that I'm not much help.

Tricia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: