You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Trying To Wake Me... Why?

Real Ghost Stories

Trying To Wake Me... Why?

 

For the past four nights I have had strange encounters with ghosts or sprits. Around 3:00 I have been woken up by what feels like someone shaking me like. It is like when my mum wakes me when I'm late for school. Thinking it is my mum I just turn around and go back to sleep after looking at the clock.

The first two nights it happened I asked mum if she had tried to wake me she said no, even though I knew she would never wake me by shaking me violently. I'm really confused,

The third time this happened I saw a person but being dark all I could see was a shadow, I could make out it wasn't masculine but more like a female body type. When I looked at it, it just sat on my bed before disappearing. It's really strange after waking me violently it just sits and watches me... Why?

Can anyone help me because I don't know if it's a ghost or a sprit or demon or a sign or something and it's worrying me.

I know I'm not dreaming it because I always look at the clock afterwards and find I can't get to sleep. But I don't know if it is a ghost because I heard they can't physically touch you...

Please message me and tell me what it is or if anyone is having the same encounters and if I could stop it some how.

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sissy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Risby69 (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-04)
I have experienced this exact thing. I've also been reaching out to see if anyone has had a similar experience. You are the first that I have found. Only a few weeks out of the year, I am awaken by someone shaking my foot really hard. When I wake, no one is ever there.
666devilchicks (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
I agree with solomon, melissa26 and somhairly, this is just a lonely spirit trying to protect you from evil entitys at whiching hour cause it thinks of you as a friend and doesn't want to lose you

So for you people who think otherwise, chill don't bring religion into this.
Sissy, your perfectly safe and if you have any doubts about that ask her, but trust me your going to be fine ❤ 😊 ❤
LittleSpirit (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
I don't think it's a demon, because my sister told me that if you're in the same room with a demon, there is a VERY good chance that you will die. It is possible that it could be a good demon, BUT, that is a very rare chance. Since it didn't speak, it can't be a sign. So, basically, it is most likely a spirit of a young girl/teenager/woman who is lonely and needs a compannion and/or wants someone to talk to.
Solomon (2 stories) (9 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
Can anyone here say they REALLY know what is going on? Based on what I know about the subject, I think this spirit means no harm.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
Somhairle,

Thank goodness your well thought out, articulate argument has been spewed. I know that I for one can now sleep safer since you have so expertly and thoroughly explained what is going on in Sissy's situation. Thank you so much for sharing your venerated wisdom with us.
Somhairle (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
Zishu and hoochler your full of some shiat. This ghost is trying to protect this dude from bad shiat on witching hour
melissa26 (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-16)
I agree with solomom! Its is possible that shes waking you up because its safer, I know spirits only really do that (good one's anyway) to warn you or to tell you something. My auntie's mother inlaw did the same thing to her only to ask to take care of her son which is my aunt's husband who was sleeping right next to her, but still the spirit chose to wake her up instead...
Solomon (2 stories) (9 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-10-16)
Well, 3am is believed to be the witching hour. The polar opposite of 3pm, when Jesus supposedly died on the cross. I don't mean to scare you, or spark anything religious, that's just something I have read in the past.

The spirit is obviously not hostile, so nothing to worry about. I believe she may be trying to, like Hoochler said, have some kind of relationship, or it may be protecting you.

I don't mean to bring up religion again, but if it has to do with the belief surrounding that particular hour, it might be keeping watch over you from other spirits. It wakes you up maybe because you are safer that way. I can't be sure, but don't immediately assume it is evil.
ZiShu (281 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
Ah Hoochler, how it goes? This be the same situation I "was" in.
I too had the problems of waking up around 3AM -4AM. I was being bothered by what seemed to be my Grandma, sister, brother-in-law, or cousin. I was frozen in fear of not knowing who it was until they got closer to reveal their selves to be some I know. Something was off because they were teasing me. As soon as they got to my peripheral vision, they turn into shadow beings.
This would happen a lot for many weeks. I learned that they fed off my fear. Until I finally prayed to God for help. The beloved God the Father/Creator gave me what I needed to keep them away. If I were you, soon as possible as Hoochler says, tell them to LEAVE. They are not welcome. These spirits are only there to try and torment you.
Keep praying to God, when you get the chance.
God Bless
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
Hello Sissy,

It sounds like you have some sort of spirit that wants your attention. The spirit goes to the trouble of waking you up, but then just sits there and let's you see it.

As for the spirit being able to touch you, it is both my understanding and experience that under the right circumstances, certain spirits are able to touch certain people if that is the spirit's wish.

It is possible that this spirit is trying to establish some sort of ongoing relationship with you. These simple interactions the spirit is causing by waking you up and then sitting on your bed as you look at her may be slowly starting to form a path between the two of you. If this is what the spirit is doing, once the path is more well worn the level, nature and perhaps frequency of contact with this spirit may change over time.

Since you know nothing about this spirit and do not mention having done anything to have attracted this spirit, I suggest you tell it to go away. You can start by telling the spirit out loud the next time it wakes you up "If you do not come to me in the name of God the Creator, you MUST leave." Be polite but firm in your words, repeat them if necessary.

You can also ask for help and protection from God directly in cases like this by just praying to Him while this is happening (or even before you go to bed to avoid it happening all together).

I suggest you take these steps to get rid of this spirit sooner than later, do not give it a chance to bond with you anymore than it already is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: