You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Sceptic Now A Believer

Real Ghost Stories

A Sceptic Now A Believer

 

I'm a cna in a nursing home. I've only worked here for a year. I've come to learn that the facility was an old tuberculosis hospital for children. The building is over a 100 years old.

One night I was working the night shift and I left the apt room into the hallway. I saw something move in the corner in my eye. I turned my head and saw a man in black walking into the dining room. The nurse saw me looking down the hall and asked me what I was doing? I told her what I saw and she brushed it off. She told me that everyone sees him and are used to him. I have never seen a ghost before. But I saw him clear as day! He had a black long coat, a black hat and dress shoes. Recently a dietary aide saw him in the basement; he thought he was a lost family member. But disappeared when he reach the end of the hallway. At work now I look for him sometimes at the end of the hallway. I am scared but more curious.

On the other side of the facility the residents see children in the hallway and they also see the man in black as well. Every shift I don't know what is going to happen. The last time I was at work, I was in the bathroom with a patient and I heard a knock on the door. I thought it was the nurse. I called out for her to come in. But no one responded. I looked in the hallway there was no one there. The nurse was at the nurse's station doing her notes. That scared me to the point that I question myself. Am I going crazy? The building is so old and has seen so much death (elderly and the young). It would only make sense that there is a presence there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, heaven123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LadyCynthia (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
You should get in touch with Ghost Hunters they would love your building with it's history. What a great show it would be. And how cool to being working there.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
heaven123: You are not going crazy. If you were crazy and having delusions, how would all of these other people there be able to see the things that you have seen? That home is old and rich with history and death and you never know maybe even abuse.

Spirits & ghosts have always been around, but you see now, so many people such as yourself who were once skeptic are now bearing witness to what the rest of us have known for sometime and that is that spirits, ghosts & demons, etc., do exist.

The Veil between the spirit world and our world is thinning rapidly. Look forward to seeing more spirits & ghosts in the near future.

God bless you
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
It is not uncommon for hospitals and homes of the likes in which you are working to be haunted. It is actually very common. Ghost Hunters goes to them all the time, and they are always the best shows, because they always seem to produce haunts! I see shadows dart at my clinical site. My sister has even thought there was a patient in an empty room. (We are a family of nurses.)
My Mom sees them all the time at the hospital she works at, and it is a fairly new hospital.
I wouldn't be too frightened. Just remember they were once people like you and me. You never know, maybe it is someone looking for their little one who passed of TB!
Good luck! 😊 😉
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
sounds like souls of the early residents of the place. I would probably be just as curious... But I AM a firm believer in the paranormal world. Nonetheless GOOD story... Keeps us updated on the new happenings around your job. Take care and God Bless;)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: