You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Doppelganger - Looking For Ideas

Real Ghost Stories

My Doppelganger - Looking For Ideas

 

Here's something which has both intrigued and bothered me for a while and I'm looking for people's ideas on it; I have some thoughts of my own on the subject but wonder what people might think...

Ever since I can remember I had encounters with a spirit which only I ever saw or detected; later on that changed but I'll break it down into periods of time so as to help it make sense.

From age 6-9; I used to, once a week on a Friday night encounter the image of a little boy, my age and roughly my size at the time, who would sit on my bed and try to tell me something. Only I could never be sure of what he was saying as it was fragmented as if he were a badly tuned TV or radio station; thus I could catch only snatched or mangled words. Also, he was made of static, or interference; I could see his basic shape but no details or facial features. But he moved and gestured and was fully three dimensional. I once or twice saw the actual ghost (I think) of the same boy run past the foot of the stairs at night but again, I never saw his face.

From age 10-12; I would encounter other examples of the same spirit on the street during daylight, just a flicker out of the corner of my eye; dressed like me and almost resembling me.

From age 15 onward; people in a number of locations swore that they saw me or spoke to me in a place where I either had never been or when I was somewhere else, miles away at the time. In Barcelona, Spain in 1997 (aged 21) I was with my then girlfriend on the Metro and she suddenly grabbed my arm and, unable to speak, directed me to look at a guy at the end of the carriage in front of us (we were at the window at the far end of our carriage, he at the same at the back end of his)...I looked and, for some reason could not see his face but she swore he was my twin; I could see he was dressed like me and had the same build as I did but not his face.

In Coventry, England, on three separate occasions, by three separate people over 5 years, the same guy (or spirit) was seen by different people who knew me very well. He even reacted to my name being called once; called out to and waved to an ex's mother by name and to the ex herself then later disappeared on one occasion. He got me into trouble once or twice as he turned up in locations I was not and got me accused of either lying or ignoring people. Each time I was somewhere fairly far away, nowhere near the location he was seen.

I have never seen him myself but starting this period, off and on to the present, I had a series of dreams where I would meet with and converse with someone, within a group of characters but, upon waking I would remember the entire dream EXCEPT the name, face and whole conversation I had with that one person; every other detail and conversation I had with anyone else in the dream I could remember with crystal clarity.

The whole thing is that my double has been seen by a lot of people who knew me both extremely well and intimately who resembled me exactly in hairstyle, dress, facial hair, (sometimes) speech and mannerisms AND on at least one occasion seemed to know people I knew but I have never seen him myself. Any occasion I may have encountered him I have either completely forgotten it (with obvious memory holes and gaps) or been unable to see his face... Almost as if I am not supposed to recognise or see him... Bugs the hell out of me!

I have been told a number of feasible ideas; he's my doppelganger, my lost twin or; and this is the interesting one; something which happened at my birth (I almost died at birth); that a part of my soul was broken off and has now somehow developed an independent existence of it's own; hence I cannot see this "him" because he is, in fact, me... A copy of my own soul. So just as science fiction would have us believe that you cannot see your past self, maybe you cannot see your own soul shard (if we believe that a soul is like an earthworm, if you chop it in half you got too halves which grow into two independent individuals). Am I seeing (or not seeing really) my doppelganger or a part of my very own self?

Other hauntings by Lupernikes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lupernikes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
I believe there are many things in this world that are beyond explanation. Who knows really what your experiencing is in fact a doppelganger no one can be 100% sure maybe it can be a part of your soul but don't you think it might be related to that ghost boy you met so many years ago? Who knows and I wish you luck
Mosha (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-02)
Hey Lupernikes! Great story and thank you for your comments on my story. I was infact a large baby like you stated so maybe your on the right path with that theory. Also I nearly died when I was 6 years of age and this was the age at which my supposed doppelganger was at when I saw him, maybe there is a connection.

Any thoughts?
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
I know that your double has caused you some problems with your close friends and all but this is kind of cool, to have a double and all! I have never heard of this happening to anyone before! This is a very interesting story. I don't have any addvice to give really, but I think it would be a bad idea, like Temilicious said, if you met this double of yours. I hope you figure out what's goin on! Thank you for sharing your experience! 😊

-meg
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
Mind boggling indeed.

I agree with Hoochler though that a spirit cannot be split or it would otherwise be destroyed. Not saying that a spirit is plastic but guys correct me if I am wrong (English is my 2nd language) but my understanding of elastic is something that is flexible, stretchy or bendable but can return to its original shape. But if it were to be split into two it would change form altogether.

That said, gosh how do I put this in words, in my culture man can be broken down into the body, soul and spirit. And although a lot of people believe the soul and spirit are one thing, to us the soul is sort of like your mind, what gives you wisdom etc. Now I think, and I may be way off on this, but I have been trying to make sense of this doppelganger thing and I think it could be your soul that somehow gets detached through projection from your physical being, thus the memory lapses. And that could explain why 'it' may know and share the same memories as you.
Apparently though if you ever see your own double something bad will happen to you so I really wish you never meet face to face.
There are things that are so complex in this universe that nothing can every be truly understood or explained. I will research further on the subject though and if I find anything I will try and help cause I can imagine how freaky it could be to have a double on the loose.

Or what if maybe Doppelgangers are demons?

😕
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Hey Faerie; I don't think they're aliens but I am open to hearing more about your theory...it's not memory gaps as such, more that the memory is being blocked; ie I know the memory SHOULD be there and am sure it somehow IS there but I cannot access it... Like having a movie on VCR but not VCR player... Interesting ideas though, thank you:)
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
I enjoyed your tale. You pose a real mind boggler!
I think some of your explanations are plausible.
When you said you had memory lapses, the first thing I thought of was alien abduction.
Its an out there idea, but who REALLY knows anything anymore.
Good luck in your quest to truth! I myself am perplexed at your situation. If I think of anything helpful, I will let you know! 😊 ❤
tasuma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
No problem Lupernikes and would you mind telling me what about think of my story "Ghost girl at park" not trying to advertise.
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
while I bow to accept your knowledge Hoochler (the Voice of God, really? That could be an interesting one...) my experiences and belief tend me toward the conclusion that for life energy to flow and re-emerge in other forms, it must be elastic rather than plastic... Also it does make me think that is why I cannot 'see' this entity; I have seen the faces and forms of others without difficulty...

I will think on the info you supplied though as that does indeed raise a whole new set of questions...
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
It was in the mid-70's and they were trialling a new drug (can't remember the name) to assist with and speed up contractions. In my mother's case, this locked her into a continuous contraction and, as there was a solar eclipse going on outside, the nurses took a few moments to notice I was in distress; so I had a short period without oxygen and the shock made my heart stop momentarily. Luckily it restarted and they gave my mother something else (again I don't know what) to counteract the contraction thing.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
This is a very strange and interesting experience, thank you for sharing it with us.

I don't really know what it IS that you are experiencing, but I would like to say why I think it is NOT one of the possible options that you offered.

I interact regularly with the archangel Metatron. He has taught me many things. One of the things I asked him about once was the nature of souls. Metatron indicated to me that souls (all souls, not just human souls), are discrete and indivisible, like an electron. In other words, if you manage to somehow take away even an infinitesimally small portion of something that is discrete (quantized), you will instantly and totally change the form of the whole and the portion that you took away.

In the case of an electron, if you somehow were able to take a small piece away from it you would end up with quarks and some energy. With a soul, Metatron indicted that if even a small portion were taken away the entire soul would be utterly destroyed.

It is for this reason that I do not think that whatever you are experiencing with your double has anything to do with a piece of your soul coming off of you, because I was taught that such a splitting of souls is impossible.
brooklynbaby97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
hmmmm, I do believe it was your spirit split in two, how did you almost die at birth? What happened?
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
Hey Tasuma! I'll be honest what you originally said in the first post was what I used to think (my wife also thought this) but recently I have been leaning toward the second theory...I'm glad that sounds feasible to someone apart from me! Thanks
tasuma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
So it would seem that your soul would split in two and thus you can't see the other you. Sorry for the bad first comment. 😜
tasuma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
Ask your parents if you have a twin that they didn't tell you about, and if that isn't the case then I would go with the soul split in two idea. You said you don't see the "other" you but other people do.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: