You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of Myself

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Myself

 

This is my first story. This experience happened to me when I was a kid about 5-6 years old. My step-dad was away for the weekend, visiting some of his friends, so it was just me and my mother in the house. As a kid I would sleep in the same bed as my mother when my step-dad was away, I suppose I just felt more secure that way considering my step-dad was away.

So this one morning I woke up to the smell of my mother cooking breakfast downstairs so I got out of bed and put on my dressing gown and opened the door as usual. I stood outside my mothers bedroom for a few seconds wiping my eyes and just as I pulled my hands away from my eyes I saw a young boy, in our spare room just across from my mothers bedroom, that looked just like me (in fact it was me). I couldn't believe what I was seeing so I stood there for a few seconds longer not believing my eyes and he turned his head and shouted "HEY YOU". Anyway as soon as he said that I ran as fast as I could down stairs and told my mother.

My mother didn't believe me at the time and just dismissed it as an over-active imagination but I know what I saw that morning and I can still remember it, like it happened yesterday.

I'm still living in the same house with my parents to this day and I've never seen it since. My mother who didn't believe me now does because she has had the door slammed shut in her face about two years ago. Nothing big ever happens, just the usual sort of stuff like things going missing and lights being switched on by themselves when no-one is home in the day.

Well thanks for reading my story

Best Regards

Other hauntings by Mosha

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mosha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
I don't think you were imagining anything. Many people have seen, what we refer to as dopplegangers. I have seen and spoken to one and it had self awareness and knew what was going on in real time and certain things about us, the ones who saw it. I don't know what it would refer to itself as or if in its natural state it is a solid material substance or pure energy, nor do I know it's reasoning for impersonating my friend for such a bried amount of time for apparently no reason. (at least there wasn't one to us) I'm glad there are mysteries out there, I say out there, but really they're here, everywhere with us, around us, living amongst us, or merely osbserving. Who knows really. I like it because even though there is such beauty in the world to be seen, and love to be felt by others, (not all sadly), and to be given, it still raises questions that will go unanswered while I still live in this physical flesh and blood body and don't really expect to be answered. It's kind of like a well loved novel that goes on and on and the last chapter I won't be privy to until I pass on.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
I find it interesting that people say "Oh you have an overactive imagination," well um if my imagination caused some of the things I saw I should be locked up.
Besides, if you are imagining it, you can pretty quickly determine that is the case! But I don't think it is the case when you see something as vivid as yourself standing right in front of you in broad daylight! There is no question to what you are seeing and hearing.
Overactivie imagination...humph!😜
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
Hey Vulcan, I'm only basing the "laws" on what I've experienced myself so pardon me if I came across as laying down any kind of law...I'm just getting my ideas and experiences out there to see if they're of any help to Mosha... There are, as you state, no laws we can determine but just because something cannot YET be measured in a lab and scientifically quantified (I believe that one day this WILL be possible, that ghosts and haunts will be scientifically explained and that science, as is it's wont, will confirm what some of us already knew... It does annoy me though when science claims the credit for ideas it had formally rejected as pure hokum and imagination though... Look at parallel universes, the pyschically gifted have 'known' about this for as long as there have been intelligent humans on the earth but now it's been 'discovered' it's hard science and therefore real; nothing is real until a scientist proves it... Give me a break
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
People speak of the 3rd dimension, and parallel universes. Whethers there's more than what we percieve? Most would have to agree. How many and do we need a new word or dictionary book full of terms just to explain the many different types of parallel there are? Also most likely. Being a simple minded human I'd have to go with the line of reasoning that, " The strongest limit on the number of possible universes is the human ability to distinguish between different universes. Credit: Linde and Vanchurin." The latest accepted determination by theoretical minds to be believed, Stanford physicists Andrei Linde and Vitaly Vanchurin, have calculated the number of all possible universes, coming up with an answer of 10^10^16. If that number sounds large, the scientists explain that it would have been even more humongous, except that we observers are limited in our ability to distinguish more universes; otherwise, there could be as many as 10^10^10^7 universes. Would these other realities answer to a different set of rules in their universe? Most likely. Are they even aware of our existence? The more advanced might, or at least theorize about others, not neccesarily us. I believe there's more in existence than what I can possibly imagine with my earthly meat and potatoes brain. Other than that I could no more write the rules that any of the others go by or believe in than I can drop by and have a spot of tea with them. It's nice to imagine though. And maybe we do make short vistis in our dream state.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
And what if neither happened? It still amuses me to see people coming up with laws for other worldly things that no living person really knows. PPPlllleeeaaasse!
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
there's some emerging theory which I've decided to champion seeing as I think it applies to me; I have a similar story to your own but weirder... I used to 'see'a child my own age and size at around the same age as you. I was sure he was me but could not see his face... Later a doppelganger of me was seen in various places when I was absent...

There are in fact two emerging theories; if you saw his face; he could be your unborn twin... Were you a large baby? It's said 1 in 3 of single live births could have been twins but (urrgh) one of the foetus' died early in development and was absorbed by the survivor... Hence you have a twin brother who is a part of you and can see his spirit because he may have been far enough along to have gained a soul... The soul will emulate and grow with you.

The other is that some traumatic event either during birth or before birth can cause the developing soul of a child to fragment and split... Part of the soul remains in the body and heals, the other part remains outside and connected to the body and develops along with it; appearing as a twin but in fact being more of a "clone" or doppelgänger...in these cases the living "twin" often can not or will not see the no-living "twin"...In my case I believe it to be the latter as I nearly died due to medical negligence (and before suing doctors was commonplace) and cannot see my doppelgänger myself, although others have... Check out my article "My Doppelgänger" if you want more info, not to advertise, just don't want to repeat myself! 😆
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
And your still alive. See, that just goes to show that all those who say that you die if you see your own doppleganger are incorrect. I don't know who makes up these so called rules for dopplegangers or ghost but obviously they don't have reliable sources. That would have been so cool though to see yourself. I'd love to. I'd have so many questions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: