You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Black Watcher

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Watcher

 

One night as I was sleeping I suddenly awoke and looked toward the end of my bed. I was surprised to see a pitch blacker than black almost human shaped figure hovering at the end of my bed facing outwards like it was looking watch for the night. As soon as I saw it it bolted in my direction and wrapped itself around my face and neck, it felt warm and like if you put your hand in a floating substance of soft floating sand and static electricity. Then I was suddenly knocked out and back to sleep.

As I was dreaming there was an otter in my dream who wrapped itself around my neck it was warm and fuzzy. I had a sudden realization that this spirit or whatever it was had incorporated itself into my dream. I didn't figure this out until I was thinking about it the next morning. It made me start thinking about all the interactions I have had in the past in my dreams. Maybe when we have interaction with characters and people in our dreams its actual these spirits that roam around the earth trying to interact with us for some reason or another.

I am a very deep thinker and all the experiences that I have had I truly feel are leading me to something bigger in my life that I am still trying to figure out. If you have had a similar type of experience where you saw a spirit and it had somehow incorporated itself into you dream.

Please send me an email of your experience. I am trying to figure out my purpose and I have a pretty good feeling it is along the paranormal lines. Thank you

Other hauntings by morambo85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, morambo85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RightUpsideTheHead (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
First I wanted to log in and say thanks for adding your experience. I had a similar one, and this might help me figure things out a bit more.

My dream had a black figure at the foot of my bed staring at me. I was lucid dreaming at this point in time. He had his chin in his palms, and his head propped up by his elbows. I stared hard at him. He shifted slightly, but didn't respond. I felt malice towards him and was furious that he was in my house.

At this point I stood up, and grabbed him by his head, wound up, and threw him overhand (pitcher-style) into the wall. He pretended to bounce off of it, and looked back at me smiling as if to say "wow, you just did that!". He then wandered away.

He then picked himself up and walked off. For some strange reason, I was furious and charged at him screaming. It was a high pitch. As I flew through the air, my scream became louder and louder as I approached him.

I woke to the sound of my own yelling, reverberating off of the walls of the room. I felt completely conscious and awake, and even stranger, that something important had happened. My heart was pounding furiously and I was almost completely paralyzed for two minutes after being shocked awake.
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
My advice it kind of sounds like a spirit guide not sure on your belifes have read your last story not sure if your a born again christian or still athiest but if it helps WhiteBuffalo is worth contacting they are more than knoweldgeable with this and such.

They post regulary on the site so best of luck and interesting happening like that keep me hooked to this site.

Regards,
~Shadead
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
-morambo85-

I believe that spirits can visit you in your sleep. I have had some strange dreams. In my old house I used to have dreams all the time where I would see people standing at the foot of my bed or right next to my bed either just staring or trying to talk to me. Sometimes I would wake up and they would be in the exact same spot I saw them in my dream and they would vanish. I don't think these were just hallucinations from waking because I would see them while I was awake and watching tv, or reading a book as well. I also saw lots of shadow people in my room. The biggest reoccuring thing I encountered when I saw them in my dreams was them saying things like "help me" or "I need help" or something along those lines. Usually when they asked for help they were frantic or shouting at me, and then if I woke up right away I would pray for them a little bit and drift off to sleep again.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
GhostHunter7 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Well, it didn't seem to have evil intent, if it felt warm and fuzzy and helped put you to sleep it might have been watching over you
Terryberry (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-21)
the idea of spirits interacting with us in dreams is interesting because if that is what happens then lucid dreaming could let us have actual conversations with ghosts.
ketshia (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-19)
Hey morambo, I have had that experience once before and I now believe it is astral projecting. I'm not 100% sure, but when it happened to me I couldn't move and I freaked. But when I calmed down and repeated the Lord's prayer, I could move again and it was gone! I don't know but maybe you are waking up and causing your spirit to have to wait on the right time to enter! I remember thinking it was waiting on something as I watched it pace and zoom in to my face, did you get a sense of it waiting or it observing? As far as dreams go, I have been visited by my mother, my sister, my grandmother, and here recently my father who I asked to let me know he was ok! Its weird but I, like you, at the time of the dream, am oblivious to the reality of what's happening or that I'm even asleep! That is how I tell the difference between dreams and spiritual visits! Ohh and another thing I found out is I can't touch or even communicate by words. Its all sensed and understood and as soon as I get my first inkling of missing them and want to grab them and not let go, its over! I wake up with such regret that I can't go back to them but also knowing that where they are is so much better then here!
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-19)
That must have been an incredible experience. It sounds as if that spirit may have been linked to your spirit guide somehow. Unfortunately, I am not very knowledgable in this area so I cannot offer any advice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: