You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Coombes Jibbit

Real Ghost Stories

Coombes Jibbit

 

This only happened a couple of days ago. Me my partners and some friends decided to take a drive up to Coombes Jibbit. It is a place where they would hang innocent women claiming that they where witches some of the women were as young as 14, it's very sad.

Once we had driven as close as we could to the Jibbit (which looks like a tree with no branches) we all got out of the car there was four people in each car. I was in the first car with my partner's cousin and her fiancé, in the second car was my partner's sister and three other cousins. As soon as we got out of the car we all got a very eerie feeling for a minute or so. We just stood at the bottom of the path leading up to the Jibbt just to check that we were the only ones about. Before we even started taking the photos and heading up the hill there were stones being thrown at car number one (the car I was in) we were all a little freaked out but we carried on.

We had taken a lot of photos and caught some orbs but nothing special. Whilst we were taking a look at the pictures Rich and Oli my partners cousins went up to the Jibbit where we could hear them shouting, they were telling us to be quiet because they could hear something. We all complied and listened. It was deadly silent for a couple of seconds and then we heard a low scream that sort of went into a moan at which point Rich and Oli had ran down the hill back to the group and again we were all standing looking back up at the Jibbit, that's when all the stone throwing started again, me Viks and Andrew my partners other cousin wimped out and decided to jump back in the car may I remind you that this is the car that the stones where being thrown at and as soon as we sat in the car the doors locked continuously without us touching them. We stayed in the car though.

Andrew, Rich, Oli and Aimee Andrews sister stayed out side and waited to hear for more sounds, Aimee and Oli then told the rest of the group that they could see something standing in the long grass in front of them rich and being stupid decided to throw a rock at that area only to have one thrown right back at him, at that point we decided to leave, but who ever it was had one last go at scaring us because as we drove away from the Jibbit the car engine turned itself off slowed the car down then turned up and started to drive I know the driver wasn't lying when he told us the car was moving by itself by the way he was screaming looking back it was a very spooky experience but I would go back any day.

Other hauntings by gemzyd1988

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gemzyd1988, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

gemzyd1988 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
see I agree it could have been an animal because we was in the middle of no where and would have been surrounded by many woodland creatures.
Trudy82- yeah I think ghost hunting in the uk is great we have so much history in england thanks to our evil kings and queens, london is the best place to ghost hunt its filled with restless spirits and some nasty ones like jack the ripper our most famous serial killer!
Steve- not sure who or what made the screams sadly but I do agree with it being a powerful entity, its an evil place where innocent young women were killed for being called a "witch" so I'm gather you have a bunch of extremely argry women spirits wanting revenge or freedom: (
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I'd wait and see if you can continue to hear the screaming, maybe try and record it. A lot of different animals can actually "scream", baby rabbits sound like infants screaming and some breeds of birds can simulate all sorts of sounds.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
If that place was in my part of upstate new York there would be loads of beer cans all over
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-23)
WOW. Ghost hunting in the UK, or anywhere in Europe really, has got to be a really incredible experience. So much history and so many tragic happenings. I would have been so terrified!
GhostHunter7 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-22)
Well it seems like a pretty powerful entity, or something. Where do you think the screams were coming from?

-Steve

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: