You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Black Humanoid Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Black Humanoid Figure

 

I had this experience in July 2008. I still don't really know what to make of it. I have my own ideas, but to avoid influencing anybody's comments, I won't state them here. A little background about myself first, I have never experienced a ghost, alien, angel, or anything like this prior to this event, although I do believe that they exist.

Well, I woke up between 3-4 in the morning, and a few seconds after awaking I felt the sensation of something gripping my heart and squeezing it to the point where it was painful. For me to admit pain, actual pain, with what I've gone through in terms of getting hurt playing sports, means that it was really something bad. Also, I don't wake up at those hours of the morning anymore without a reason I'm aware of, a dream, having to go to the bathroom, or something along those lines. When I woke up for this, there was no immediate cause that I can remember that forced me to wake up... All I remember is waking up.

In the corner of my bed room, there was a black shadow, darker than my room that appeared to be humanoid, but somehow didn't really have a shape. I never looked directly at it, but only looked at it out of the corner of my eye, which is unusual because I ALWAYS look at unusual objects/things. I do remember it seeming to reach out toward me at one point. All I did was curl up into a ball and started praying. A minute or 2 after I started praying, I felt the pressure in my chest release, and with it came a profound calmness I've never had before, and I've managed to maintain a piece of that calmness ever since.

My house is not haunted, nobody has ever died in it, and there's no ancient Indian Graveyard underneath it. I have no explanation for what happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zombieking18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
Zombieking18, my experience goes back to 1976 I think, and I was nearly 20 years old. Myself, my four brothers and my father each had one or more encounters with these full bodied solid black "things." They had a humanoid form..., but no facial features. I don't think you're going to find out much more than you already know about these spirits. I do think that your time would be better spent learning more about how to effectively pray. The stronger you become in faith, prayer, and love, the more easily you will rid yourself of these spirits. Learning how to "bless" the house and articles in it the less likely you will encounter these spirits..., and I think they will get the message and move out for good. I believe that God hears us and has not forsaken us. Incidentally, I've read other people's stories and discovered that they were pushed down the stairs, someone broke their leg, or an arm (and they made it clear that it wasn't an accident) and the list goes on. Talk to your parents about God and prayer, and possibly a priest or minister. I don't know what is going on, but there are a lot of people who report encounters with these "shadow" like beings..., they seem to be everywhere. Don't be afraid. A little faith in the authority of Jesus is a powerful weapon.
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
yeah same here mate, I was at the peak of physical fitness and rather too young to have heart problems at the time but it felt like a heart attack might!

Be wary and try to not surrender to the fear or anxiety... For some reason something is trying to scare you, if you don't let it, it will go away
GhostHunter7 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
but then again, if it stopped when you prayed, it might be of evil intent, try hanging crosses around the house, or consult a priest
GhostHunter7 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Well, if youre athletic its not going to be any heart problems, I think you saw a shadow figure, theyre seen tons around the world.
Zombieking18 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
I've only encountered it just the one time. I haven't experienced anything else out of the ordinary either. I do remember being afraid, but I'm not sure if it was coming from or directly because of the shadow, or just because it was an experience out of the ordinary.
Also, my heart is fine, actually it's better now than it ever was before. Along with my heart being in great shape, since this happened, it's been a lot easier for me to let go of stress and anger instead of dwelling on it.
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
just to add, shadow demons (or whatever the heck they are) are not geographical haunts and there not constrained as ghosts tend to be... They move pretty much as they like and go where they will... So is my belief. So the location is not the target; you, my friend I'm afraid, are. The reason why I do not know, just be careful and mail me if you want to know the best way (in my experience) to banish one of them.
nofightingduringpinkfloyd (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
I believe it might have been a demon... My freind had one of those to, your going to want to put salt in a line a real line not a little sprinkle line but a thick line, don't invoke its name, and what ever you do DONT WALK TO IT, but show confidence and say you banish it but you have to believe it and I mean really believe it not a little bit but a holy shiatload lot!
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Have you gone and gotten your heart checked out?... I would.
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
In my opinion you've met a Shadow, I had a very similar experience but you are the first person who has experienced the squeezing of the heart as did I. As far as I believe, this was either a warning, or a threat but I have still not decided which it was. I have encountered these creatures (I hesitate to call them demons but they're not ghosts or human)...out of interest, did you feel anything coming from the entity you saw? An emotional sensation?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: