You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Playful Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Playful Spirit

 

When my husband and I moved into our current residence, we'd notice quite often that our light bulbs were burning out at an incredible rate. Our bedroom light fixture was basically just a long cable and buld hanging from the ceiling with a shade over it. One evening while getting ready for bed, I noticed that the light was flickering yet again. I was thinking "this is getting old already!" and went downstairs to get a spare light bulb to replace it. Upon reaching up to unscrew the 'old' light bulb (which I'd just replace two weeks prior), I noticed that the light bulb was literally just screwed in by a thread! So I tightened it, and it worked just fine. Knowing how my husband doesn't want to hear ANYTHING about this kind of stuff, I just kept my mouth shut. I have to admit, I was a bit perplexed as I was sure that I'd screwed it in correctly the first time. Well, stuff happens, so I wasn't too worried about it, although the thought of "others" did cross my mind...

The next night, as I was getting ready for bed again, the same thing happened. The light was flickering! Now, I'd been reading the night before for a while with this overhead light on, so MAYBE it really was burning out this time. I put my hand up to check - once again the light was just screwed in by a thread! At this point, I KNEW that something was up, but I kind of thought it was funny. I got to the point where everyday when I entered my bedroom, I'd tighten the bulb. Sometimes I'd even make comments like "oh, we're playful today, aren't we?" while laughing. Then it started with a bunch of other lights throughout the house. I don't care who you are, no one has time to go through their two storey house every day tightening light bulbs. So I said to the house "This is getting really old really fast - just cut it out, please".

Haven't had a problem since!

Other hauntings by EireRaven

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EireRaven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
lol! That's pretty funny:) Playful ghosts can be fun sometimes.
Hayle (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
wow sounds like you might have a child ghost. 😁 not that bad if you look at it they can't be that bad
EireRaven (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Brenttan - You're correct, he still doesn't believe, as 1. He's a cold-hard-facts type of guy, and 2. He loathes the unknown.
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
And your husband still doesn't believe in the supernatural? Maybe some people don't want to believe because it is uncomfortable with them, with things that they don't understand, so they try to rationalise everything, and expert others to be only understandable, not hard to comprehend.
EireRaven (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
I forgot to mention that when my husband would notice and try to correct the problem, the light bulb would invariably give a loud POP! And go out. LOL Freaked him out so bad... The whole time I was laughing about it! (Let's face it, this is one of the more mundane things the 'others' can do - I got away lucky)
Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Eire That would get old really quick I am glad to hear that it stoped though when you told it to.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: