You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Not My Cats

Real Ghost Stories

Not My Cats

 

My Two beautiful cats no longer sleep on the bed with me. I suppose it is a good thing. Inca now sleeps in his basket near the bedroom door and Smoky has made his little bed on a cabinet near the front door.

Last night I got back from gym about 9:30pm. I walked into the bedroom and like always looked at the white face like thing on the wall above the bed. I smile at it now. I put the lamp on changed out of my gym wear and went into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. On my way back into the living room, I stroked Smoky who was lying comfortable on the bookcase. I walked into the living, sat down had my coffee flicked through the channels, nothing was on so I switched everything of and decided to go to bed.

I still sleep closest to the window, for some reason I cannot sleep on the right side of the bed, I cannot even turn my back to the window as I find it really hard to breathe. Strange but there you go. As I was lying in bed, Inca jumped on the bed. I got up whispered his name and with that he jumped of the bed and back into his basket. I lay back down but this time on my back, started at the ceiling for a bit then turned to face the window. I was barely a sleep when I felt Smoky jump on the bed and walk next to my feet and legs and then lie down right next to my feet.

I found this really strange as I did not even hear his bell. I moved around a little and he was definitely lying on the bed next to my feet. I whispered his name "Smoky", "Momo". Nothing; not even a meow. I slowly pulled myself up to have a look at Smoky, only to find that Smoky was not actually on the bed, none of the cats were.

Unperturbed by this I lay back down, pulled the covers up and closed my eyes at which point I heard something jump of the bed.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
very interintresting surya very cool how do you become a moderator
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
Hobbyholly,

The only reason I was calm is because I knew Inca was in the room. There have been times when neither of my kitties have been present. That is another story.

Thank you for reading my story.

Surya
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
Creepy! My cat often sleeps against my legs. I'm going to be opening my eyes tonight to make sure it's her! Lol 😜
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
I lost two cats last year who were quite old (18 and 19). The female cat was my cat and we were very attached to each other. There are many times when I feel her presence either settle behind my legs at night or see a glimpse of a moving cat in parts of the house when none of the cats are there.
kissofdeath13 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
wow that really weird. Id be screaming if that happened to me jk 😜.id be freaking out actually 😐
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
My childhood cat visited me for years after she died, before she finally left for good. I've always been so grateful that she would go to the effort of doing that.
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
wow that's really creepy. I have a cat too so just the thought of something like that happening to me is kind of freaky. Well it seems like there are other cats that are attracted to you and your cats don't seem to have a problem with it. Another good story. Thanks.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
I love how calm you were about it. Just let it jump on and off... Just like a "real" cat. Who knows maybe your two cats have another "friend" to keep them company
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Opaleone, yes it has happened before, but this particular night it did freak me out, I know if Inca the oldest cat was not in the bedroom I probably would have reacted differently. Whatever it was, I can only at this stage presume it was a cat, definitely meant no harm, and upon moving a couple of times, moving my legs, it jumped off the bed.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Has this happened before? (The ghostly cat?)
Has any cat in your life died recently?
You didn't feel freaked out so I doubt it was harmful or negative.
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
I am able to get spirits to go away so update me on things and I can teach you how to get rid of it. 😁
kiki85748 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
that might have been a spirit of a cat coming to warn you of something or just to tell you something I can see hear and talk to spirits maybe I could help you
americangirl101 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Wow... That would've really scared me. Best of luck to you, hope ypu find out what that thing was! 😊
EireRaven (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
I've been relying on my dogs' presence in bed with me to let me know that "all is well" - this isn't reassuring! 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: