You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Follower

Real Ghost Stories

The Follower

 

My story begins, one night sometime in the 1980's I wasn't home my uncle was home alone and the phone rang, He heard someone run out of my room and pick up the phone. Moments later I came home to see all the closets, cabinets and doors were all open and my uncle's face covered in fear. He told me what had happened so he opened everything up to see if anyone was in the house but there was no one and the phone still lying on the floor off the hook. I put the phone back on the receiver and the person who called, called back, he said it was very strange someone answered the phone but didn't say anything. As I grew up several small things would happen in that house always in my room. Like scratching sounds from the closet and pounding sounds above my bed from the attic.

Once I got married I moved out of that house but it seems that whatever was in that house followed me. I hear footsteps running down my hallway and make its way to the side of my bed. Twice it has pulled me off my bed as it squeezed my neck as if it was strangling me or preventing me from screaming. One late night I stayed up to watch a movie by myself. As the movie was ending I heard something get up off a leather recliner as if the air was returning to the cushion when weight is coming off of it and heard footsteps go down my hallway towards my room. My husband thinks I may have been dreaming. I am confused because, I know I was awake and not only have I experienced this but my eldest son and his friends have. I didn't tell my children about the things I have experienced because I didn't want to scare them.

My oldest son spends a lot of time at home alone during the day, He is in college student now, he has come to me several times about hearing footsteps running down the hallway during the day and hearing doors slam as it has entered other rooms. This really freaks him out, when he is home alone during the day he will keep his bedroom door closed because of the sound of footsteps and doors opening and closing. It has also opened his door and slammed it shut again while he was in his room. At night he has experienced his loft bed shaking and pictures on his wall swaying. When my son was in Jr. High he had some friends over the house and they were playing video games, they heard things falling in the kitchen and went to see what happened. There were some empty water bottles on the floor and my son told them it was probably just the wind so they went back to his room to continued playing video games minutes later they heard something running in the kitchen and got really scared when they looked around the house and saw that no one was home but them they ended up leaving from fear and my son stayed outside with the dog until I got home.

My dog sometimes when he's in the house at night will look down my long dark hallway that leads to my room and starts barking and growling as he slowly backs up as if he is scared, we look down the hallway as he's doing this but we don't see anything.

The last experience I had was about 3 weeks ago. I was asleep in my bed with my back facing my husband. I was awakened by what I thought was my husband gently hugging me and wrapping his leg around mine, but soon realized it wasn't him when I started to hear a mischievous giggle and it started to tighten its grip around me. I couldn't move much it had me so tight. It looked human like but with a bigger head and really long face and very skinny body. One of my arms was free so I tried to stick my finger in its eye, hoping it would release me but the eye socket was empty and it just started to giggle louder. I couldn't call out to my husband because its grip on me was so tight I couldn't speak. I was terrified. I believed I passed out from lack of oxygen and awoke moments later and it was gone. The rest of that week it was really hard for me to sleep for fear it would return.

This is really hard for me because I don't believe in ghost; and this thing feels evil. I just wish it would stop it is now 2009 and I am now 36 and I am still living with this thing since I was 7 years old.

Why does it mess with my son?

Does this have to do with my broken childhood?

My father abandon me when I was six, when my mother past away. I was sexually molested shortly after. In my teen years I was raped. I was angry with God during my childhood through my early twenties and highly suicidal. In that time is when it all started and still continues to this day.

I am no longer angry with God. I love Him with my whole heart. I feel like this thing is trying to brake me down. Like if it struggling for my soul. As if it wants me to be that weak, sad, angry girl I used to be.

Other hauntings by gvf7225

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gvf7225, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Briannalynn (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-09)
I feel like you just described my life in your story. I haven't had the exact experiences that you have had but then again I'm only 23. I have had something following me around pretty much my whole life. It seemed to have started after I was molested. Its always with me no matter where I go. Did you get rid of it yet or is it still with you?
gvf7225 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
BigC you may be right. Although I don't fell it within me but I know it's around me. Good advise, I will try it Hopefully it will leave for good.It's no fun having this thing around. Even though it's been around for so long, we never get used to it. Yesterday it scared me again. I was laying on my couch in the afternoon. I just closed my eyes no one else was home and I heard something run and stop next to my head so I opened my eyes. The second I opened my eyes I heard it run back into the hallway, But I didn't see anything. That really scared me.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
you could try getting exorcised again because it may have just been severly weakened by it but didn't fully leave you and over the years has grown strong again, also try getting your church to bless the house, sorry I don't mean it the way it sounds its not your fault but it may be scaring your son has a way to get to you also if you take my advice go all the way not just I bless this house while holding a bible cause that might just make it angry. But whatever you do, good luck
gvf7225 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
Thank you all for your good advise, It makes a lot of sense. I feel a lot better knowing that people understand what I am going through or what I have been through and can relate. I no longer feel I am alone. Other people who have not experience what we have experienced just can't grasp it or understand. Thanks again 😁
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
oh yeah and go with god. But don't expect to just look up and hope it will go away. Demons have become more powerful over the years, so cast holding a cross won't help. Hloy water does work, bible works, but most of all be positive.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
listen to my advice most of all. All the trouble that you had in your past are all coming back to you now. The entity kind of represents that. A demon also knows what your going through as well. It's easy to forget those thoughts. It wants you to fear those thought. By that which you can create negative energy. It feeds off it whatever it is. I think it's also could be a tramatic experience in your life causing you to see things. About your son he could be tramatized as well. I'm not saying your crazy, but I'm get some of the facts straight. It could be proven with scientific explaination or religion aspects. For what ever reason, you have guilt still lingering in your heart. Something negative is still inside you, that's why it haunts you. It knows you to well and if he or she see's that your week then it will make it's move. Only I got to say is iv'e been there, we all did, but sometimes people can vanquish the problem by telling helping themselves cope in everyday life.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
If it were your anger, pain, selfhatred, guilt, sorrow, shame and all of these things rolled up into one and also the everyday stress that you carry on you and the fact that you are trying your best to keep your household in order and trying to be a good loving mother to your children, then Yes! These things due to the fact that you were unable to really express and deal with them when you were younger, may have caused some Poltergeist activity or even at that time in your life and you were young and going through what you were going through, a demonic entity could have even attached itself to you. These things you were going through and the emotions you had left you open and vulnerable.

When we are in our teen years and can't really express ourselves and going through our puberty and everything, that's when several things can occur and doors can open and things attach themselves to us. If any of these things are so, YES, it would target your children as well especially if you have some sort of kinetic energy going on too! These things have been known to target other family members.
TinaBug1975 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
It is also possible that at some point in your childhood, you picked up a spirit that has followed you, it could also be the cause of your bad experiences, oppossed to your bad experiences causing the spirit. I say that because if it were your anger and such that was causing it, I don't think it would be messing with your son, especially when you are not home, it would stay focused on you. It may be messing with your son now, because all those years ago when the spirit attached itself to you, you were in the state of mind to give it what it needed. Now because of your love of god, and life, you have gotten "boring" not to scare you, but it may be looking for someone else to attach itself to. So I would do what ever I could to get rid of it.
FallenBeauty (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
it kind of of sounds like it could be all those feelings you had when you are younger are manifesting themselves and trying to lure you back into that life... Just stay strong keep positive talk about it if you feel comfortable there is always help you just need to ask... Good luck and stay safe x x
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
gvf7225: Thank you for your story and I thank God you are still hear to talk about it. I'm so grateful you did not do anything to yourself because you have so much to live for and that's not why God created you. You have to remember, your life is precious, you are precious and you can't be replaced.

Have you ever thought about getting some counseling, so you can open up and talk about these things that happened to you in an environment with professionals that will not judge you and who you will feel comfortable talking to. You have a lot of pain, anger, regret and of course guilt built up inside of you that needs to come out and needs to be addressed. I am a victim of sexual abuse as well and also a survivor of domestic violence, so I know first hand all of the anger, hurt, sorrow, guilt, mistrust and SELF HATRED you are probably feeling. Thank God, I was able to receive therapy and address these issues and come to terms with them and the fact that I can't walk around and blame God and myself. The person/persons that inflicted this pain upon me are the ones to blame as with you. You are not to blame for what happened to you, the person/persons that did these things to you are to blame.

This entity may be something that you have created with all of the energy that has built up inside you through out the years. You may also have a form of Kenetic energy as well and are not aware that you are causing these things to occur. This is only a suggestion and theory, but I would certainly take it into consideration and seek help.

You take care of yourself and God bless you in everything you do.
gvf7225 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
Thank you all so much for your comments I will take them to heart. I have found that when I have been in theses situations that calling on the name of my Savior Lord Jesus that it will immediately goes away. Also the closer I get to God the more it comes around, Like it's trying to stop me. ❤
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
Whenever I have problems of this nature, I call out Jesus name and ask for protection, and command the evil spirit to leave.

Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. It is these words that change us, and make us powerful.

The Bible says resist Satan and he will flee

Daily prayer would be good.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
If it is a fallen spirit that you are dealing with, then its only goal would be to seperate you from the Lord and your knew belief in him. Evil spirits remember the pre-mortal state. They remember who was great there, and they recognize the servants of the Lord as their mortal enemies. They know Jesus, Paul,etc. Remember Acts 19:15-16

19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

You will have many say to you after you tell them of the experiences your going through that they, "know the spirit world well, can get rid of demons or bad spirits, or in fact know God", when in reality they only know of God. Satan and his followers know God personally and they know the scripture word for word better than any man. But they are not of God. There is a difference.
I can't really say I know what you have on your hands, and if it is real then it doesn't sound like it is there with your best interest in mind. If you choose to fight this on a spiritual level you need a Godly spirit filled person to do so. One who not only knows the word but follows it daily. Abides in it, is themselves sanctified from the world.
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
I doesn't sound like a ghost, to me it sounds more like a demon. I'm not an expert but from what I have read from other writers on this site that is what it sounds like to me. If it started when you were feeling suicidal and angry with God it could have latched onto you, hoping it could win you over to their side. You probably made it quite angry when you went back to God! There are some things you can do yourself but if it has been with you for that long and can physically touch you like you said it has then I would contact a priest. I don't think I would fool with a house blessing or exorcism of the house, but it is possible that whatever it is is connected with the house and not you. But I would still contact a priest and whatever you do, please do not play with a ouija board! Those are very very dangerous and if you don't know what you're doing (sometimes even if you do know) you can invite that entity completely in and it will get much worse. If you feel comfortable you can try and banish the entity (if you feel it is a demon) out of your body (or the house if you think that is a possibility) and back to where it belongs and to bind it there in God's name. But in order for that to work you have to fully believe that God is going to do what you ask and you also have to speak it out loud. Demons can't read your mind but they can hear what you say. I hope this has helped, I will pray for you and your family.

God Bless
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
You mention that this is hard for you because you "don't believe in ghosts"---How could you not believe, after that experience in your bed. Are you sure that wasn't sleep paralysis? Part of your prob may be that you are not believing/accepting what is happening. Maybe you need to believe, in order to take the right steps to be rid of this haunting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: