You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost River Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost River Ghosts

 

It all started when I began working for a large business retreat about 20 km from Cochrane Alberta. The piece of land ran along the Ghost river ravine and was centred around a dirt road that wound all the way to the river. The road had been an old wagon road with the only bridge that crossed the river for kilometres. So naturally there where ghost stories about spectral wagons and a hooded figure with a lamp that walked the road but I decided not to believe any of it and that's when things got weird.

I woke up one morning in October it was overcast and foggy it was my day off so I started to watch a movie. Half way through I heard a knock on the wall and didn't think much of it, then a moment later I heard another knock so humouring myself I knocked back and a moment later it knocked again so I knocked back and (no surprise here) it knocked again. Thinking it was a little weird I stopped and went back to my movie. About three minutes later right next to my head there was a WHACK WHACK as if somebody took a sledgehammer to my wall. So I got up and went outside to see what was going on and when I got to the spot where I heard the WHACK there was nothing there! (I thought for sure there was going to be a hole in the wall!)

After that I was sure it was my friend Bill so I ran up the hill to the main buildings and found out that there was no one there! I later found out that I was the only one within miles that morning they had gone to town for groceries.

Then things got worse I was walking down the hill to my house one night and saw a light upstairs turn on. I went and investigated and there was no one there! I turned it off went down stairs to bed (I was too tired to care!) then I heard footsteps they started at one side of the building and ran across out on to the deck and stopped. I cautiously went back upstairs to find the light was on again! So I put in earplugs and went to sleep I woke up the next morning to find one of my pots half way across the living room!

At this point I was thoroughly freaked out so I started to ask questions, as it turned out the owners husband had died recently and the house I was living in was his workshop/favourite building on the property. I also found out that my friend Bill had lived there before and had the same problems. He told me that he poured a beer and lit a cigarette for the deceased man as a peace offering and was never bothered again! I tried it out and never heard as much as a mouse squeak since!

Here is the website for the business retreat

www.ghostrivercrossing.com/index.php

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, castleskier, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
Ever spill your beer accidentally? Or even drop you cigarette right after you light it? I always think to myself that it is the deceased partaking in the party! Hah hah! 😆
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
I am Hmong and we always offer beer & food for the deceased. We also invite the recently deceased to eat dinner, by giving them a spoon and speaking out loud for them to come eat. We send money to the deceased whenever they start showing signs that they are low on cash. People don't believe that they dead eats + used cash, but our experiences prove so

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: