You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Vortex Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

The Vortex Ceiling

 

When I was about 6 years old I had an experience in my stepmother's house that still nags at me.

I was lying in bed on a particularly windy night. I couldn't sleep because the sound of the wind was so loud. I was staring at my ceiling when all of sudden, all at the same time the noise of the wind picked up to the point where it sounded like I was inside a tornado (we don't have tornados in the area I'm from.), I heard a large bird cawing and a black and red smoky swirl thing started opening up above my head. It grew to the size of my entire room until my whole ceiling was a giant red and black swirling vortex and flying just around the outside of the vortex was a very large bird.

I couldn't feel any wind, or smell any smoke and I couldn't make out exactly what time of bird it was because I could only see the underside of it. But I heard everything perfectly.

I stared at it really hard for what seemed like a very long time then I blinked really hard a few times, but it was still there. I know what I saw and heard, I know I wasn't dreaming. I have heard of a vortex before and I guess that's what most people would probably call it but I have seen pictures on line of funny shaped lights and things of that nature that people call vortex's and that was nothing like what I saw that night. So, I really don't know what to make of it.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wren, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

googlefish (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
I have to add to this experience, I know it's many years later, but when I was around the same age around 6 or 8 I have this memory that I wish to share which has stayed with me, where as all other memories have vanished of that time, I was in bed or asleep I couldn't quite tell, I heard screams and voices crying out to me and even now I am having goose bumps from it, I heard figures asking me questions, telling me things and crying out to me, at that point I saw a whirlpool or vortex in black and gold and red swirling and twisting small at first then growing to cover the entire ceiling, and a light a strong light of gold that captured the entire room and the moment I saw it engulf the ceiling it went and that was the end. I remember my mom say she listened through my bedroom door because she could hear me speak to someone and that I used to talk every night to something. I have always been affected by those times and the dreams or reality of me running through a red / golden tree lined forest just seeing the edges of trees or pillars through darkness and lit, being stalked by golden eyes, re-occuring through my life, I have no idea why two people in the world could share this vortex, I know this was real and I know that I had to stop seeing whatever I saw and it stopped.

Please comment

Si
nuevovo (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
Wren,

I am very excited to hear your story! I experienced something very, very similar about 40 years ago as a child. My story is a little different but there are several commonalities. The Red and Black are EXCACTLY what I saw... Almost like swirling lines of Red and Black. Very vivid. I only learned about Vortex Spirits while playing with google one night a couple of years ago. Just now I re-googled the info and found this story. I joined the site hoping to be able to send you a note. I see that your post is 3 years old. I hope you stop in to check here. It would be great to figure out a way to talk.
SuperNatural35 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
Perhaps a brief experience of astral projection during hypnagog or possible sleep paralysis. Although the vividness of the colors is crazy. Good luck...
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
No. Idea. Ummmm, are you positive that you weren't dreaming, because that is just weird. Maybe you were sick at the time? High fever?...drugs...? Maybe you were just hearing stuff from outside and incorporated it into your dream/holucination at the time... Just throwing stuff out there. How did it go away? Did it fade? Did it vanish? How clear was everything? How long was it?
Just from personal experiences, whenever I got a high fever, I'd start to see stuff along the wall and ceiling. Things hanging on the wall would start to move, and when I'd blink, they'd be back to normal. I very commonly have night terrors, where I'd think I'm wide awake and then something would happen (Like shattering light fixture, exploding alarm clock). I believe this happened to you, I'm just trying to help you figure out what this really is.
Jazzalazz (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
wow that's interesting hope you figure it out I don't know what it could be

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: