You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Apartment We Shared With Two Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

The Apartment We Shared With Two Spirits

 

Since I was a kid I believed I had the ability to sense spirits when they are around me. Well when I became a mom five years ago I started to overlook the feelings. I stopped talking about ghosts and tried not to get freaked out anymore so I didn't scare my little boys. I soon figured out they weren't that easy to ignore, and that my boys would see them anyway.

My story starts in Covington, Kentucky. My eldest son was three at the time. We moved into a new apartment. It was newly remodeled and it was really nice. The rent was dirt cheap. All was fine at first until the first night we turned the furnace on. I woke up out of my sleep thinking I had carbon monoxide poison! That happened to me about three times and it was the same time every time I woke up. It would be 324 am.

My 3 year old would always play in the bathroom there. One day I asked him what he was doing in there he said "I'm playing with Guy". So I asked him who guy was he said he lives in the basement. There was a hole in my bathroom floor and you could see down in the basement from it. At this point I was a little shaken up because the kids started to get scared of him.

One day my neighbor was talking to me and my husband. He told us that 6 months before we moved in a lady died of carbon monoxide poison in that apartment. No one realized she was dead until a week later. The same day he told us that story the lady's niece came up too me out of the blue and told me the same story. I think that the lady wanted me to know about her on that day for some reason.

The lady spirit there was nice. She would let us know she was around by turning the lights on and off, cold spots and a flower smell. But guy on the other hand was still scaring my kids. So finally I told the old man next door the problem I was having. He told me a few years before I moved in a homeless man died in that basement. The cops thought it was a homicide. Needless to say, I only stayed there a few more months and I got my kids out of there. Now my middle son claims to see ghosts in my current house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shrlyhughes86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
good story, but this is something that the kids are going to get use to in the long run.
shrlyhughes86 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
i never found out the bumbs name that died in the basement I just know my son called him guy
shrlyhughes86 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
well yes the hobo broke into the basement it was an inner city apt they had been remodeling the whole street and tearing down old houses around it and everything I didn't rent it from the realtor strait from the woman who owned it after the neighbors told me about the woman she confirmed that it did happen the hole was in the floor because they were not done fixing it
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
Wait, you have a Hole in your Bathroom that leads to your Basement? Also, how was the hobo killed, why was he Your basement (did he break in?), and why wouldn't the realtor tell you about all this in the first place?
Sorry, I just like to know certain details... 😕 😐
Jazzalazz (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
I would have left that place too, It sounds freacky... Having a woman die and also a men in the bassment. Lucky the woman was nice... I don't fully understand was Guy the man from the bassment?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: