You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 111

Real Ghost Stories

111

 

What you are about to read might disturb you. This event started 3 years ago back in the summer of 2006. I have no idea what triggered these events. But, I will tell you that this story is real.

In the month of July, my mom started to leave the door open that led to downstairs. She left the door open because it was hot upstairs and the basement had cooler air at the time. One night my dad dropped me off to my mom's house. As my mother let me in the house I looked at the door that led to downstairs and I saw that my mom had not completely shut the door. The door was still slightly open. She hugged me and went to her room. I looked downstairs and listened closely to see or hear if there was someone or something down there and I started to hear something growling. The growl sounded something similar to a big dog's growl but for some reason I could just tell that it was not the growl of a normal animal. After I heard the growling noise I felt a threatening presence. So I turned the light off and shut the door all the way. I did not remind my mom or my brother because they would have just said that I was hearing things or hallucinating.

Near the end of July, I woke up and my mom and my brother were asleep. I decided to go check downstairs again. All of the lights in the house were turned off and as I walked down the hallway toward the door that led to downstairs I saw that my mom had completely left the door open this time around. So I looked downstairs, but I did not, go down there. It was very dark downstairs. As I looked toward the bottom of the stairs I saw an indescribable disturbing monstrous figure at the very end at the bottom of the stairs. The monster was transparent but mostly invisible and it was also very gas or smoke like in appearance and it looked extremely deformed. Numerous tiny lights sparkled from this thing which I believe were eyes. I also saw what looked to be a deformed head or numerous deformed heads and gigantic claws for hands. I thought that I was hallucinating at first but, I was not. It was just standing there in the dark downstairs as if it were looking at me. It was so huge and wide looking that I could not describe its height, but it was also very dark downstairs.

When I saw this thing I was too scared to even just take one step down there. As I looked at this unimaginable sight, I felt a great threatening presence and I felt like something was warning me not to go down there. I believe this thing was warning me to back off and not go down there. So I left the door completely open and I went to my mother's room and I lay down in bed with her while I was still awake. I left the door open because I was too scared and disturbed to close it. I also felt like I was being warned not to close the door. I also did not want to provoke this thing and I also knew that physical objects are no barrier to spirit beings. So closing the door probably would have made my situation worse.

After a while, I heard running footsteps and the sound of equipment or armor. It kept running and then stopping, running and then stopping, repeatedly. The sounds got closer and closer as this thing was about to run all the way upstairs. My mom and my brother were deep asleep while I was still awake. My heart was racing and pounding with fear and threat as I was lying there in bed with my mom. As the sounds got closer, the feelings of fear and threat got closer. I also felt helpless. I knew that if I had woke my mom or my brother up that they would not have believed me or believed what was going on. They would have just ignored me.

I heard these sounds about five or six times and then it stopped and for the rest of that morning nothing happened. A few weeks later my brother went to college and me and my mom moved to an apartment in a different city. But before we moved out of the house, I started smelling these extremely vile odors in the house. They were by far the most horrible odors that I have ever smelt in my entire life. The odor was similar to the smell of feces but something far worse than any natural odor or animal odor that you can think of.

Part two will be coming soon.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HellisReality, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dpny (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-25)
Scary stuff! I probably would have had a heart attack seeing that thing! 😆 😆
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
If I was you, I never go to check it out in a instance like that... Because if something happened to you, you will be helpless...however, for your luck, the ghost or whatever it was didn't care your visit!
I'm not telling that you were doing a foolish work... But you have to think of your safety first...
Anyway you could try it with someone for your backup! I just want to know that did you inform someone living in that house, someone who has saw or experienced that incident... Because I think the ghost is a past owner and the ghost may be walking around the house looking and watching its property and ownings...
cute_princess (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-09)
There is such a door in my house too... We leave it open many times in summers... But I don't like it that way and keep on closing it... But many times I have noticed that it gets open although no one goes there... It happened many times...
Well I must tell you that I don't believe there's anythung much to worry about...
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
I believe you. To someone else it sounds like a good story to tell yor friend. I have seen some crazy things that hard to believe. In fact in my own house I saw a black cat like animal. It is too big for a normal cat and it dissapeared too quickly. At firt I Thought it was a simple trick of my mind. But I saw it too many times dissaper. A shadow like man standing and watchig me, sounds of someone digging the ground outside my bedroom dispite changing my bedroom many times. I have seen many things in my house and outside. So I believe you.
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-25)
I'm not trying to hate, but that story sounds a little too far fetched to believe. Like somebody said earlier a good story to tell around the campfire
Venatrix_Lupus (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-06)
[at] awsleyghost1 ghosts can be, smell like, and sound like anything or anyone they want to be there for i'm not dismissing it as untrue because of that. The only reason I would call it untrue would be because of the information or lack thereof.
broiquapride (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
I honestly really don't understand the way your story goes its like a wave its up and down what did you do after the running did you ever get attacked by it did you go to sleep that night before you moved out did you face it when you moved out did it followed you? I'm confused 😕
Callme15 (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-12)
I will probably die in front of the basement if I ever saw that. But, are you so sure you saw it clearly? Maybe its your imagination because minds love to play tricks especially at dark. And the sound is maybe the result of your fear you started hearing that doesn't even exist. Just my personal opinion. However, if you're sure you saw it then maybe he is selfish (praying to God) and wants to own the house himself but I hope it's nothing that seriously bad. Always pray to God for your safety and thank him always because he is the reason why we lived and protecting us.
Callme15 ❤
MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
Physicll... Don't know if I'm too late here, but what are you saying? I'm super confused as to what your advice is to the writer. Anyway, I don't think anyone reserves the right to judge the authenticity of another's account. That is not the intention of this site; it's to support one another. Yes, some stories may be fraudulent, but others are very real. Either way, the poster took the time to write it seeking advice and/or support.
awsleyghost1 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
I would consider this story a fake because:
1. The type of ghost you described a little never threaten but simply attack.
2.ghost smell like burning of tires or like rubbish.
These are some reasons i'll consider it fake.
CAyer (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Can you draw a picture and post it? That's the easiest way for you to describe it. Maybe it was stopping something in the basement, if it warned you instead of harming you.
horserider (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
This sounds very similar to what happened to me and some friends. Though what we heard was scratching at the door, when her dog was in the room with us asleep. The sounds of equipment or armour, may have been a spirit that was trying to rid your home of the creature you described in the first few paragraphs. But I can't be sure.

I have also had many experiences with spirits of this nature.
Hi_cupcake (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
Wow. That was interestingly O-MAZING 🤔 ❤ 😁 Probably a demon or sum thingy.
ahdonis (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
its just like a ghoul that live in your house why don't you let a pastor bless that house and don not be afraid to tell what you saw cause I also experience like that in my house
teddystuffer321 (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
if I were you I would be like " hey you ghost thing... Go away" and carry som salt just in case so paranormal activity shizzzle goes on 😆
funkymonkey (2 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
nice campfire story to scare the younglings... I'm assuming its taking you a while to fabricate part 2. Good story though
Neechee (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
I agree with merlin, I have seen some pretty crazy things in pitch black. Always keep in mind that when you're leaveing a room with a light (like your bedroom) and you walk into a hallway or some pitch black area your eyes take about 20 minutes to completly adjust to that light change. So your mind might think youre seeing things that arent really there. Regarding the noises you heard, I'm sure it was late (due to you Just wakeing up and your Family still sleeping) you might have been hearing things or "half" alseep and your brain still being in a dreaming state. But if you think non of that could explain that then stick with your story and I support it some people do encounter weird and unusual things and I look forward to reading part two 😁
maddymouse99 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
thats creepy I wouldve gotten under the blankets (and I know that doesn't help but it makes me feel better 😁)
noxas (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
Thats scary I thought the one in the hall way of my apartment was scary.
merlin (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
that sure is scary. But to my opinion, it's just your imagination working. How old are you btw?
Evil presence would smell like sulfur, burning hair or tires something like that.:)
PhysicII (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-26)
😨 Holy crap that's scary I'm surprised it wasn't you mayby it was a diffrent animal it wants There is 1 thing not to do, get a Oujja Board with serious Demons like that they will Murder you Anyway listen 3 things not to do with a oujja Board 1.Be alone 2.Ask Questions about death or proving you are here 3.Never EVER ASK ABOUT THE FUTURE, And finnaly never ask about thresure and where to find it.
WindowsGhost (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
Wow! That's shocking! I had seen a similar thing but it's not a monster figure.
WindowsGhost (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Wow! That's shocking! I had seen a similar thing. But it's darker then black and it's a human figure shape.
Orchidfalls21 (1 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
No lie, a friend of mine who lives in Pennsylvania, his house is home to an apparition of a large cat looking creature. I can tell you one thing, his house isn't exactly a friendly place to visit. I've seen it on an occasion as well as the rest of his family. You get a malevolent kind of feeling when you see it.
seesthings626 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
wow that's creepy!
I would of been scared stiff!
😨 😨 😨
I most likley would of woken my mum strate away!
nattypie99 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
this sounds like you may have a demon called 'behemoth' demon of animal strength on the count of that's what it sounds like. Or chietan- demon born of smoke. So tell me if that helped! ❤ ❤ ❤
LilSistagurl (guest)
-1
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
bldfalcon...i seen the movie, it was awesome! I can't believe she killed him at the end, she was possesed
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
I believe in your story! Please reactivate your account or make another one and then tell us it's you! PLEASE POST THE SECOND PART!
Akemi (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
i believe in your story. Will you please publish the second part? I would like to know more. I know your situation. When I tell my paranormal problems to some people, they just laugh and say I have a big imagination or that I watch too man scary movies. But you and I both know the difference between imagination and what we really see. Ignore the people who laugh and say your story is not real. Don't forget, their are others who understand your situation and believe you. Believe in what you see, and don't get intimidated by what others think. I hope you will publish your second story ❤
Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
thats just scary. I'm glad you didn't get hurt. That demon wanted to hurt something. I think it was trying to take care of something else and it didn't want you to get involved

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: