You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paralyzed

Real Ghost Stories

Paralyzed

 

When I was 16 years of age in my house in Abilene, Kansas. I was lying awake in bed late one night recapping the day's events in my head. Yet when I tried to roll over onto my side I could not move at all except for my eyes. I was just flat on my back paralyzed with just the ceiling to look at. My breathing became very labored until suddenly I could breathe no more. My bed started shaking a bit and at that same time, I felt a mob of hands violently and rapidly ripping up my covers that I was under, I did not see anyone there, only my covers being ripped about above me. This went on for a couple minutes until I was blue in the face. I struggled so hard to breathe or do anything. Finally I was able to let out a whimper then take a little air in, and then yelled even louder and I was able to breathe again.

Whatever was on me quickly stopped and vanished. I sat up and just screamed. I was surprised that no one in the house heard me yelling. Not even my sister in the next room over. Also in that house I had a couple issues sleepwalking and waking up in the bathroom in a scalding hot tub.

No one else in the house had any issues. Though often times we all heard a steady knocking inside the walls that travel throughout the house. My parents ended up not buying the house and we soon moved, no one really admitted it was the fact of all the strange occurrences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chop_suzie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
This is really creepy. I think that whatever this was it wanted to hurt you. Have you stopped sleep walking since you moved? If so it may have something to do with whatever was in that house.
san8705 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
I had a vary similar experience when I too used to live in Abilene. Except when I couldn't move I didn't see any hands or shredding of blankets, but I did see a shadow, outline of a human, short in height with a big head watching me, almost like I could feel the figure smirking as I struggled to breathe... This only happened once, although there was multiple things happening that I can relate too... I too often found myself sleep walking, with a bout 90 percent of the time waking up/ being discovered in the bathroom... A steady knocking in the wall frames...footsteps, tvs turning on and off, but by far the weirdest experiences I had in the house was, My family and I would often find my name or other peoples name written in pencil on either the counter top in the kitchen or the sink top in the bathroom... Also little two line phrases would be written sometimes too... We lived in the house from the time I was 12-16... (Im 25 now and long out of Abilene

Like your story, my family and I kept it hush and hush almost as if we wanted to deny what was happening until one day my parents had enough... Not even kidding my experiences relate so much to yours that I almost wonder by coinscience if we lived in the same house!
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
That is very disturbing. Did you do any reasearch on the house? The awnsers you find might help you.

Tori ❤
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
I think that thing was a poltergeist. Just make sure that even how afraid you are go and get help even if you were badly hurt. Sometimes spirits can stop anyone from hurting you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: