You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Who Or What Did He See?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Or What Did He See?

 

Only a few days ago I was on my way home from work - as I get in my car I always ring my boyfriend to let him know I have left and will be home within the next 15 minutes. Occasionally I get caught up in traffic on the Motorway - whether it's an accident or road works, they usually cause a delay of up to an hour. On this day, after leaving work and hanging up the phone from speaking to my boyfriend, I got caught up in this traffic for around 20 minutes. I arrived home later than usual and knocked on the front door (it was locked and I had left my door key inside). My boyfriend came to the front door, his phone held to his ear talking to his friend. I could see him through the glass panel of our door. Then I distinctly heard him say as he was unlocking it, 'She's back again now - I'll speak to you later mate.' Then he put the phone down.

As I walked through the door he gave me a guilty smile. 'How come you left?' He asked me. I looked at him puzzled. 'You came back then left again' He said. Did I? I looked at him and told him that I'd only just got back from work - 'You're lying!' He said laughing. He then told me he had been sat in the living room when I had walked in and started talking to him then apparently stormed out and slammed the door behind me. He was convinced I had - I kept telling him I had only just got back from work. Ok then, I told him - How come the front door was locked? I didn't have my key... I couldn't have magically locked the door behind me. He sat and thought for a while and looked really confused. I questioned him more about it - he said around 15 minutes after I had put the phone down I came through the door wearing jeans and a top (I had my work clothes on) started to argue with him and then left - around 15 minutes later his friend had rang and he had told his friend what had just happened then as he was telling him I knocked on the door again (for the 1st time in my opinion!), which is when he had hung up. I questioned his friend about it too - he said my boyfriend had told him we had argued and I had stormed out... When all this time I was stuck in traffic on the motorway.

Strange huh!

Can I just add... This happened not long after we had both commented about nothing strange happening in the flat for a while. Well guess it serves us right for jinxing ourselves and mentioning it.

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WFS (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
I know this is an old post but something similar happened one day with me and my mum. I thought we were psychic or something! I went swimming with my sister and came home to my mum yelling at me because she thought I had come home already and gone back out! She said I clearly sat on the end of her bed and told her were home now. And at the time of this me and my sis were still at the swimming pool! Freaky!
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
Thanks for the comments people. Ill question my boyfriend over it tonight and see if he remembers what it was we were talking about?
Hanbobs x
vanillaflavored_16 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
it was a doppleganger your boyfriend encountered. I guess it is pretty harmless. But I find it intriguing that he was able to hear it speak. Most of the time, dopplegangers just show themselves then leave (or disappear?) But since it was pretty harmless, I think you really have nothing to worry. 😁
ashi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
how strange sounds as tho he encounted a doppleganger, must say yours is one of the best accounts I've read regarding them. Strange though! No wander you were so confused... 😁 Great story!
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
Very freaky! Seems like another doppleganger story (which I love). Very weird stuff here. Thanks for sharing!
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
I'd really be interested in knowing exactly what the other you said. Verbatim. I know if I was him and you came home after seeing your doppleganger I'd remember clearly what was said to me word for word. Also, was there anything at all different about they way your other you looked or walked, sounded, or anything?
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
that is odd. He clearly remembers having an argument with you? Did he describe what it was about? Not that it matters I guess.

This sorta reminds me of when people experience "Deja Vu". Its odd, catches you off guard and you don't know what to make of it. If something like this happens again... Let us know
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
No... Not that I know of 😆
But it's really strange huh? I'm still baffled as to what my boyfriend saw!
Hanbobs x
sheba_buckley (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
Wow, that's just insane! I've read a story about someone suggesting that at birth or when close to death, the spirit can split, and for some reason you and that other half of the spirit grow up at the same speed, same look, same attire- everything... Have you had a near death experience?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: