You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Seeing A Demon

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing A Demon

 

I'm not sure if it was a demon that I saw but my friend was with me and he knows a little more about this kind of thing and he was sure it was a demon. As far as I'm concerned it could have been any kind of paranormal happening.

My friend Connor and I were waiting outside of a friend's house to pick him up, sitting in Connor's car at like 10pm. About 50 yards ahead of us, I started seeing a little blinking red light. I was high so it took me a while to respond or realize that that was a weird thing to see even though it was very prominent and caught your eye, and didn't have my glasses so firstly assumed it was some kind of road sign that I couldn't see properly, even though it was in the middle of a residential area I knew well. The little blinking light started to move around and stop blinking, solidifying into a red color and doing almost like figure 8 type things but was not making a precise shape with its movement. At first I did not think it was in the air, just thought it was moving farther or closer from us on the road, thinking the movement I saw was just depth perception. I asked my friend Connor "what is that? Do you see that?" and I think I said other things but don't remember well. I looked up to him and he was staring at same place I had and looked dumbfounded. He said "oh my god ya!"

The light started to get closer to ground and more spastic and then it grew tall, fading in color, becoming less of a bright red and more of a shadowy figure and swooshed to the left and toward us before disappearing. All this happened in like 20 seconds and after it was all done I started to panic and demanded that Connor drive away but he wasn't as freaked out, even though he had just seen it too, and insisted he saw it too and believed me but said to relax and that it wouldn't hurt us. I still was very creeped out and having deep feelings of fear as I sensed the thing near us and knew I had just seen something.

I was getting terrible vibes and was in complete shock and fear. I kept staring at the same spot that it had occurred and thought I saw a couple of hazy outlines closer to our car but nothing ever solidified and I never saw anything as clearly as I had seen the thing the first time. But it took me a while to calm down and even longer for the occurrence to leave my mind, but I still remember it as it happened and still have the image of it firmly in my memory

Other hauntings by maryduffee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maryduffee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
According to Michelle Myers of http://ghosthuntingsecrets.com/blog/?p=9,
There are a few theories on why there are colored orbs. One theory is that it is all in the way our eyes see the varying shapes and wavelengths as separate colors. Another theory is that it is the energy of the Spirit that the orb is representative of. There does not seem to be any sort of link between the color of an orb seen through natural eyes (as opposed to orbs in photographs. Orbs in photographs are rather "iffy" in themselves, as they could be anything from moisture droplets to bugs and dust) and either negativity or purity.
Another site that lists the different colored orbs, and their possible meanings is http://www.gettysburgghosts.net/orbcolors.htm.
The thing is, the colors are given meanings by humans, by the emotions the color itself GIVES the person, and what they think them to mean. There seems to be NO actual documented research to prove, nor disprove the "color theory".
I am sorry, but I had a good laugh about the whole marijuana (Cannabis) being a hallucinogen. It is NOT, UNLESS one would consume (granted, frequency of use, and preference of use- cooking, tea- the average person would have to smoke 3 grams in a single bong hit to hallucinate off the drug. (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_marijuana_cause_hallucinations) Marijuana intoxication can cause distorted perceptions, impaired coordination, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory. IF marijuana is consumed in very large amounts in a short period of time, the high level of THC can cause delusions. DELUSIONS: when you SEE something, but your mind interprets it in a different way.
Just curious, as I reread through this and all you said was that "I was high...". WAS it Cannabis?
I have got to say, your friend Conner was sure this was a demon, and yet his reaction seems to not quite go along with that type of encounter. I should think that two people sitting in a car in which ONE of the person's is close to positive that the encounter is demonic would be a bit more frenzied than what it appeared to be here.
To me, that would seem to imply that my friend may not have been as positive as he attempted to appear to me.
Wouldn't you think?
Thank you.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
I don't think it was a demon. One of the places my dad lived in used to be a hotel in the 1930's-1950's and it was haunted. There was a red orb that would appear from time to time. My step brother and I would sit on the bed in there in the pitch black calling it out and waiting for it to come and it would always show up usually hovering in the closet area. My dad investigated the closet and there's an opening for the attic up there and it was filled to the brim with dust and old boxes and stuff. I think the orb just wanted somebody to know about the attic or it was attracted to an object or objects up there.
maryduffee (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
haha yes I do not believe that smoking causes you to see demons. And my friend doesn't need glasses and saw the thing, just better than I did, so it's not discredited.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Smoking weed doesn't make you see ANYTHING. It doesn't cause hallucinations. But not wearing your contacts does de-merit the story a bit.
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
ROFL! Let me get this straight: you were high on drugs AND weren't wearing your glasses but you think you saw a DEMON?! I'd call this a hallucination! LOL! 😆
eberkhols (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
Thats the first I've ever heard smoking makes you see demons lol. Thats just someone trying to scare you into not smoking. Smoking doesn't open your mind, if anything it clouds your mind with laziness and hunger...
Gman003 (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
lol smoking weed makes you see demons? I've been smoking daily for 8 years and havnt seen a demon. I'm glad I havn't, but I have just proved you wrong...*looks around cautiously*:p
heretohelp (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
I will tell you it was probably just that.
However what you need to figure out is why
You saw it. Is it following you or was it there for someone else. Demons are a lot like children. They love to frighten people and play games. They enjoy it.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
In my opinion, seeing something red (in what I believe in this case first started out as an orb) does not necessarily make it a demon. Many people believe that the orb's color depends on the emotions of the spirit when they died. Whereas one group of people thinks a red orb means that the spirit was angry when they died, another group thinks that it means the person had someone that loved them deeply when they died. Orbs come in all colors and it is not proven that red means demonic and white means angelic.
Because you seemed to have initially freaked out when you saw this blinking red light, you were already scared of this orb. Having the orb be a red color would make you even more nervous, enough to make yourself have terrible vibes from this 'demonic' orb. Then came the orb shifting into the shape of a person. Perhaps the spirit was doing this to ask for your help, to scare you, there are many explanations. But since you were panicking you assumed that it was there to harm you.

Notice how Connor was not spazzing out or feeling scared, if this spirit really was demonic, I'm sure he would have felt it too. Now demons can fool you into thinking its harmless, but I doubt that the spirit you saw would have been doing that. You and Connor were in the same car, if the spirit was trying to fool you, the spirit would have made sure to fool both of you. However, while you were feeling these bad vibes, Connor was completely calm.

I believe what you saw was an orb, a very freaky orb at that. But what I also believe is that it wasn't harmful. Being in the state of mind that this thing was after you, you could easily hallucinate, which could explain the hazy figures. If you want to, try asking that friend whose house you were waiting at about any deaths in the area, or any unexplainable things. Try going back and seeing the spirit again, this time bring holy water and crosses and know that if you see it you are protected, then see what sort of vibes you receive. Thanks for sharing!

-Hope
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
It's a demon. Demons will fool you into thinking it is not harmful. In fact I would know because I had seen a blinking red light in my kitchen today actually in the early 3-4am morning. There are no appliances or electronics that could cause anything.
My house is known to have minor demons appearing as shadows passing through quickly. In fact I've been attacked by them during my sleep before... (like this morning before I saw the red blinking light).
Take it from me, that is a demon. You can see them especially if your mind is clouded or under influence. (which I was not)
Don't worry about it, just stay positive and pray. Keep away from doing bad things because they will use to that to come after you when you least expect it.
God Bless
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
Smoking weed makes you see demons. My cousin have seen many demons and red witches, only when he gets high. It opens your mind so demons can make them appear to you. If you want to stop seeing demons, then stop getting high

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: