You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Old Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Old Haunted House

 

Ever since I was young, I always could feel if something was there. So I was easily scared back then especially at my old house. I lived with a married couple (house was split in two parts by a kitchen). I was probably 10 or 11 and the first day I moved in, nothing much happened. But until we covered a well/pond in the backyard, many paranormal things have happened (my mother and I agree something/someone must have died in that pond). These experiences are the only ones that I remembered vividly, but I'm sure there were more.

-Many times I would have stacks of paper thrown at me, thinking it was my mom, I asked my mom and she said she did it, but she was behind me sewing when the paper was thrown at me from the side (my back was facing her). I asked her now that I'm older; she said she was just worried I might be scared.

-In the hallway, where at the ends were my dad's and my room, and in the middle was the bathroom. I used to see figures walk back and forth when I was in the living room (there was an opening in the hallway).

-My mom had her legs lift on her own, it was really high, that it couldn't have been a cramp or anything, and it was painless.

-Sometimes things would be moved off my table.

I know that dreams shouldn't be included, but I had some pretty vivid nightmares and sleep walking spells in that house, I even talked very deeply (I was 10-11...haven't even hit puberty, man) when I sleepwalk. The falling dream I had was the most frightening, I was playing with my Power Ranger toys (GO GO POWER RANGERS) and for some reason I looked up at the ceiling, and then closed my eyes for maybe two seconds, then I felt as if I was falling into a brown bottomless pit. I woke up screaming then I saw that the ceiling had a small black spiral, I ran out of my room and screamed even more, then just hid under my mom's blanket (so soft). That never happened to me again, but thought I should mention it since, I was sure it wasn't a dream.

Apart from MY experiences, my brother had some pretty "bad luck" with animals. He fed them properly, he did everything perfect because he is an animal freak. But at that house, doves, bunnies, goldfishes, mantises, scorpions, ALL DIED for no reason (except the bunnies, which the mother ate... Eww right? And the insects since...well, they are insects).

Now that I moved, I still have experiences but not concerning physical weirdness. I do still see black figures at the corner of my eye, I feel as if someone is in my house when I know no one is, I also have pretty bad nightmares that involves people speaking to me.

I just want to ask, why would these spirits decide to do such weird things Killing animals, giving bad hallucinations, and bother us?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Meowmix_Symphony, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

everlong (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
Thank you for being the first person that I have read, and I have read almost every story here, that mentions dreams are not paranormal and shouldn't be used. As it is true that ghosts can visit people in dreams, there are just way too many stories here where dreams are the main focus and it is just so hard to believe the dream story. By the way, the rest of your story is believable.
Meowmix_Symphony (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
Ty for the rabbit comment. True, yet very depressing x.x. At least she kept two of her young. =) Hmm... I had plenty of other experiences at different places... I should start writing on them
😕
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
Rabbits are actually very poor mothers. It could be that you had a nervous rabbit and if it was her first time having young then she might have killed them because she didn't really know what to do and she was nervous and scared. That is really the main cause of them killing their babies. Some will kill them because they don't know what the wiggling in the nest is (again, rabbits are not the smartest animals and make poor parents). If they kill their young from their next litter then the does can develop this as a habit and will never make good mothers. Sorry, just food for thought:)
Meowmix_Symphony (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
That falling dream scared the bajeebees out of me, I had the same thing as you too, but instead of jumping, I was running. Bolting outta the room x.x
Gman003 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
The part about falling into the deep pit. I have had something similar, but cannot vouch one way or another. It was at the very end of a dream (cant remember the dream, but I can distinctly remember the falling) and just before I hit the bottom I woke up and probably jumped a foot in the air. I was probably 17 or 18 at the time. Can't remember exactly when it happened.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: