You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Another Haunted Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Another Haunted Cemetery

 

This happened about a month ago. I went to a cemetery on the outskirts of town with my parents. My mum wanted to photograph a grave. When we got there, I got out of the car and walked into the cemetery. Right after I got out of the car I had felt completely normal but as soon as I entered this cemetery I felt like I was being watched and I felt like I was going to throw up. I walked along the gravel path for a while but the further into the cemetery, the worse I felt. My mum and dad had gone ahead to find the grave they wanted so I was wandering alone (although it was quite a small cemetery so I could see them from pretty much everywhere). I walked past a small mausoleum in the center of the cemetery and suddenly the feeling got worse. I wanted to cry and I could hardly breathe. I kept hearing whispering voices in the trees saying things I couldn't quite make out.

I went over to the mausoleum that seemed to be the center of the energy I was feeling and took note of the name and looked through the gate. I saw the coffin and heard the sound of someone crying very faintly coming from inside the tomb. Then I felt something pull me from behind and I almost fell backwards. I went to find my parents and told them I was just going to wait in the car. After I left the cemetery I sat in the car.

It was a warm day and I had a jacket on but somehow I still couldn't get warm. I looked back at the cemetery to see if mum and dad were coming and I noticed in a group of tall trees, somebody standing there. Our dog (who we had left in the car and was sitting in the back seat next to me) started barking furiously. She started barking so suddenly that I was surprised and turned to look at her. Then I looked back at where the figure was standing but there was nobody there. I hadn't looked at the dog for long so a human being wouldn't have had time to get out of view completely between when I looked away and when I looked back.

Other hauntings by LordOfDarkeningShadows

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LordOfDarkeningShadows, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Please do some research! 😁
And especially on the person's name that you were lead to.

Although if they had only been buried recently it could have been a family or loved one member visiting?
Just an idea but I do believe you 😊
bizarre (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
Hi, sounds interesting, where is this cemetery? Do you remember its name or its exact location?
-Voilet- (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
something something something something,

Wow!
That's sooooooo freaky!
I love to hear about stories that mention cemeterys and crying ghosts!

-Voilet-
Scream (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
LordOf someone whose name is too long,

What a freaky experience! I believe - not that it matters - that people only get the weird feeling of a cemetery because they KNOW that there are people that once lived, and once had a family, a life and friends, buried in the ground beneath you. Maybe the area where you said was the centre of energy was someone that was associated with you or your family at one point. A sign? A warning? You need to do some research to see if anyone else has had strange experienced like this.
By the way, I think your dog sounds really cool, because I like dogs.

Scream

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: