You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Granny Came Home

Real Ghost Stories

Granny Came Home

 

I have never really told my story to a lot of people because the feeling of being laughed at or not believed. But my story did happen.

It was the spring of 1980. I lived in Savannah Ga with my mother, my dad, my grandmother (granny as I called her). Every night when my granny would wake up she had a habit of knocking the door paneling to help find the way around the house. It wasn't until my papa passed that I started believing in the afterlife.

My papa passed away Dec 1979. A few months later my granny took sick. She was unable to do anything. My mother had put her in the hospital to see if they could find out what was wrong. I believe it was a few weeks granny got to come home from the hospital this was in April of 1980. She came home all hooked up to tubes and wires it was very scary for an 11 year old to see the person she loved like that. I would come home from school every afternoon and sit and talk to my granny. I would just sit there and hold her hands and say how much I loved her. I would say a couple of weeks passed I was at school when it happened. I was called to the office and I was brought home and told the tragic news that my beloved granny had passed away. I was lost and devastated. I would say it was a few weeks passed that I felt lonely now recall she passed away in the house so I have always been told that if that happens the spirit gets stuck in the house.

One night out of curiosity I asked out loud granny are you here with me all of a sudden I looked up above the ceiling and saw my granny's face and also heard knocking on the walls like she used to do. Then she was gone.

Now here I am 38 I have had two more experiences with the afterlife but not at my granny's house I will write them later thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by angelina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TygerDall (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
Wow that is so cool! My godmother/aunt had a brain tumor that was inoperatable, so they moved her to the one place that 'people' felt she would be comfortable at to recieve her treatments, my grandparents home, where she died. I have never seen her as a ghost or in my dreams. My passed family members usually pay me a visit in my dreams, and I only dream of them once and that is it.
And if you feel safe when and after the apperance, then she could very well be one of your guardian angels!
angelina (2 stories) (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-30)
i like to see it as shes my guardian angel guiding me through life and helping me overcome obstacles. ❤
Meowmix_Symphony (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
That sounded so nice, maybe she is watching over you still at this moment. =D
Hayle (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
oh that sounds sweet not scary that probably means shes watching over you ❤ also I can't wait until you post your other stories 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: