You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma Appearing as a Comforting Glowing Face

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma Appearing as a Comforting Glowing Face

 

About a month or so after my grandmother passed away, and about 4 or 5 months before my grandfather passed, everyone was going through my grandma's stuff, and giving it to each person in the family. I got her old bed to put in my bedroom as a guest bed. One night, my friend was staying the night, and my sister came into my room, and we had like a little party, there was a thick cover thing on my grandma's bed, that she always had on it, and since my sister and my friend were both going to sleep in my room, I let my sister sleep on my bed, my friend sleep in my grandma's old bed, and I slept on the floor on the thick cover that once belonged to my grandmother. As I started to fall asleep, I was re-awakened by a bright light in my face, so I opened my eyes really quick to see a glowing face that disappeared about a second after I opened my eyes. I realized right away that it was the face of my grandmother.

The next night my friend stayed another night, so my sister slept in my room as well, so once again we slept in all the same places, and this night, I was hoping to see my grandmother again, because when I had seen her the night before, I became overwhelmed with a since of safety, almost as if I knew she was there to make sure nothing bad happened to me.

I had forgotten to take my glasses off that night, and I started to fall asleep, kind of disappointed that I didn't see her, then all of a sudden I saw the bright light again, but this time it seemed a bit dimmer, I'm not sure if it was because I was really tired or what... But my eyes were so heavy that it took me a little while to open my eyes, just before I opened my eyes happily to see my grandmother again, I felt my glasses get pushed back onto my face, because they had been sliding off my face, when I opened my eyes all I saw was her glowing hand moving away from my face.

For the next few months I felt happy, and like nothing could go wrong, because when my grandmother passed away it felt as if a bit of my heart had been torn out, so knowing that she was still there, and keeping me safe made me happy.

About 4 or 5 months later my grandfather passed away, and yes I was sad to know that he was gone, but it also gave me a good feeling to know that he was reunited with my grandmother, he was wanted to pass away because he missed her very much, after he left to go be with her, I haven't seen either of them since.

My beliefs:

I believe that when one person of a couple dies, they don't go the the next world yet, they kind of get caught in between worlds until the other person passes away to be with them, then they can both cross over together.

Well thank you for reading this, and feel free to comment, and feel free to tell me your beliefs.

Tricia

Other hauntings by QueenTas

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

nighthawkman (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
Queentas, I tend to think you like me are two of the chosen few to be blessed with the comforting spirit of a loved one, even though I never knew my loved one, Well... Not in life anyway 😕 Take a look at (My Comforting Friend) and by the way I thought your story was wonderful 😊
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
This is a wonderfully touching story. I have had an experience similar to it. If you want to read it I have it posted
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
That's so sweet. I was very close to my grandmother and the night she passed away I was at my other grandmothers house and I had no idea she had died yet but I felt like she was in the room with me and watching me... We used to go to a church every Christams eve night and that first christmas she was gone I went without her with my cousin and we had front row seats and I felt a very cool breeze wrap around me... I can sort of see what your talking about but I've never seen her.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Stevies Grandmother Judith passed away around the date of her husband Stephens death. She had a stroke at home. Lived with her grandchildren. Her youngest grandson Michael had a student free day. So he stayed home from school that day. He saw her have a stroke. She had been reading one of his letters. Around the time she had her stroke. Stevies dads mom Elizabeth met Lilike as a baby but has never met Locke or Anjeni. Judith has never met my children. I never met my Grandmother Yvonne who died at 44 years old and had a deceased 5 month old baby girl Wendy and 10 day old son Ian. My mum was born after these chidlren. Yvonne had many children.
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
Thanks, that would be great.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you aswell.

Hope to talk soon.
Tricia
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
You are more than welcome QueenTas. I know a few here would love to see me disappear as I seem to have the gift of causing just them trouble. ;) Unfortunately I only have the computer here at work to use and I am not able to use any chat sites. How ever I will contact Martin with an email address he can give to you for that just that purpose. Take care.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Thank you for commenting Shane, I have been reading some of your comments on other stories, and would love to get together with you and chat sometime.

Also I just posted another story about my grandparents, it will probably be on the site by tomorrow.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Our loved ones often come back shortly after passing. They do so to let us know that they are okay and that they love us as much as we love them. Very comforting story QueenTas.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: