You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: So Who Was That Then?

Real Ghost Stories

So Who Was That Then?

 

It was about 11 pm at night and my second daughter aged 10 months woke and started to cry. It was my 'turn' that night to go and settle her and put her back to asleep. My wife was in the third bedroom of the house with our first daughter as she had needed settling from earlier in the night.

I woke up and walked down the corridor towards her bedroom half asleep and I could hear my wife in the bedroom trying to calm our waking baby. I popped my head around the corner and saw her silhouette rocking her to sleep. I thought, 'cool my wife has popped in and I can go back to bed!'

So I went back to bed and after about a minute I could still hear our daughter stirring and then start to cry louder. At about the same time my wife came flying in to say what the hell I was doing and why I walked past the bedroom and not gone in and seen the baby. I exclaimed that I saw her in there. At this point she said, "Don't lie I have been in the other bedroom and heard you come down the corridor and then walk back again". She was never in the room.

So who was in the bedroom then? I only saw a quick outline and heard them making a 'shhhhhhhhh' noise as if to calm our daughter.

Thankfully nothing like this has occurred again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Knoxru, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
That makes sense, and I know exactly what you mean! Even for dads!
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
I was so sleep deprived after having my youngest. I would see many strange things. Things I believe to be spiritual & things I chalk up to just being low on sleep. Either way, I agree-it's interesting.

~LSD~
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
This story came up in the rotation, and intrigued by the title, I opened it. What a charming story and how sad that no one commented on it when it was posted more than three years ago

I don't have an explanation, but these things have happened to me, too. Are they the work of an over-active imagination?

Or something - or someone - else?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: