You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: School Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

School Hauntings

 

My name's Ariel and this is my first post. I'm thirteen years old and attend a grade 2 Edwardian private school in the suburbs of England. My great grandmother was psychic and my grandfather, whom I am very close too, was a paranormal investigator [Now a writer]. Therefore, I'm very intrigued as to the odd experiences that have been happening to me and others.

I started writing this post a few weeks ago, but as I was using a library computer and my full-hour was nearly up, I lost all my writing! So, this time, I pray that I'll finish in time.

Now, where do I begin? It all started a few years back, when I was at least in Year two, which means my age would've ranged between six-seven years old. Our classrooms where on the ground floor at that time and I couldn't wait to graduate to year three as then we'd be moving up to the first floor.

The toilets we used back then had a very strange vibe and I remember clearly that I refused to use them alone. The girl's toilets had no windows, which was something I obviously detested. Plus the lights were weak. I remember one time, when I had no choice but to use them alone, one of the middle taps turned on; which can easily be explained. I will admit, I never saw or experienced anything major when I used them but, I was young and stubborn and was definite that someone was there watching me waiting for me.

As I moved up in the school, I overheard the older kids talking about they're dreadful experiences. In the end, I could never walk the corridors solo. What they said sent chills down my spine, but by that time, I understood not to believe everything I heard.

I cannot remember fully, but it was sometime in either year three or four when our full-time teacher announced a photography project and separated us into groups. I was put with Olly, Priya and Evan. I was close with Priya so I didn't mind too much about the fact that Olly and Evan were just plain weird. One of our TA, Miss. Zivelonghi [Miss.Z], was our group's leader. She's very unlike the others; she has lots of piercings and has two daughters who also attend my school, although they were older than me.

One at a time, she asked us where we would like to take our photo. The subject was to create a 'Dream-like-eerie-image', which, in my opinion seemed quite cool.

When it came to me, I chose the haunted school toilets. No, not the ones on the ground floor, the ones that I had heard the older kids talk about so often. (I may go off about the school's architecture, but bear with me). On the main, middle floor which is where all the upper-school classrooms are, is the library, it centers our school and at either end of it are two glass arch doors. The ones at the far end of the library lead to those toilets, as you go through them, it is a rather tiny cloakroom, with, too your right is the computer suite and then to your left is another pair of glass doors with one staircase going up (where too?!) and one going down, and the one going down leads to the toilets. From the outside of our school, which is huge, the architecture seems simple, but on the inside... Whoa! Can you say random!

Anyway, Miss. Z looked puzzled but eventually agreed. As you open the glass doors (all are framed in oak) it gave this terrible old creak and squeal and this literally freezing gust of wind slaps you. We all ventured down to the toilets. The boys were all snickering at the fact that they were going into the girl's toilets. Priya and I ignored them. The light was off in the toilets. I had been down there once or twice before, but I was too young to notice the obvious presence.

I spent ages trying to get my angle right and Miss. Z was nagging for me to hurry up, even Priya was getting impatient. Finally, that satisfying click came and everyone sighed in relief. I couldn't help but let that confident smile spread across my face. I marched over to my group and miss. Z who'd been waiting by the doorway. When I reached them, I finally took the time to take in my masterpiece, and only then, my mouth went dry. There, next to the second-to-last-cubicle was a vague figure, standing in a threatening way.

I asked miss. Z worriedly and curiously what it was, she obviously had no idea that I was watching her face carefully, her expression wavered between shocked, worried, annoyed and fear (?!). She regained poise, told me firmly that I simply had smeared the lens, deleted the photo and took my group and me outside on the playground to re-shoot.

The only thing was, if I smeared the lens, wouldn't she of attempted to wipe it clean so that Olly could shoot his? My step-father is a professional photographer and have been taught how to handle cameras and anything of the like; so I was slightly offended.

I was upset and confused, I can still remember that image vividly and looking back, I could've sold it to paranormal authors. Since then, I was firmly convinced that there was something there.

I'm in year seven now and have done everything I can to trace our school's history as our teachers are all very short and secretive when it comes to that matter. Even the head teacher who I have tried to talk to many a time. All I've found is that it was a school for children with Tuberculosis lung disease and a few dates. Ever since that experience, I have had a lot more, involving those exact toilets, the school's basement, cloakrooms, classrooms and school hallways.

Please comment, It would be greatly appreciated as it's my first story, very dry, I know, but I've only had an hour, and the countless amount of ghostly happenings would never fit in that short space of time. This story is probably one of the least scary but I decided I should start it off from this. I very rarely get on this wonderful, useful website as my home-computer says that my browser is infected with "Fun Web Products" so I better not risk it anymore.

Until next time,

-Ariel-

Other hauntings by Ariel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ariel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bobdylanrock2244 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
tell miss Z to let you take another and jus say loads of people are asking me for some pictures and even show her this site at school in computer suite lol take care bob xxxx ❤
gemzyd1988 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
omg that was awesome can't wait to read more, it sounds like a really creepy school 😁
kailee114 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
My school bathroom is haunted too 😳
I believe you. I also know the teachers are hiding some thing
Good luck!
tee_jo1980 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Really? That is interesting! Anyway you can still frame the pic and upload it onto the site? It would be amazing to see! I love the phrase, 'mucking about' I don't think I ever heard it before 😊 I wouldn't worry about the white figure only appearing for a second, like I said early, you can stop it and upload it as a pic. It could just be a glare or anything, as I am sure you are well aware, with your history of photography. Cant wait to see it, keep up the investigation but just don't get into trouble! School first, paranormal second ❤
Ariel (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Thank you everyone for your comments, I really appreciate it! Also, thank you for the link, I shall check out now! Sorry I didn't reply sooner; And yes, we're not aloud mobiles or anything along the line because of the risks, but I bring mine in anyway. Today I was in the yard by the basement windows and me and my friends were mucking about and filming things on my phone through the window. As I were watching it back it evidently shows a white figure peering up at us, It's so quick that you have to pause it though. 😕
tee_jo1980 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
http://www.fernhurstsociety.org.uk/edwardian1.html

Here is a link I found for the history of your school, I would assume you have already found this, but just in case you didnt. There is a lot of history in that school and a lot of tragedy that happened involving the school. It doesn't surprise me that it has spirits still roaming around. I am disappointed in Mrs. Z for deleting that picture. What are the chances of you bringing in a camera and taking photos of the place to see if you can catch another one?
haterandloverofghosts (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
This story is scary. I agree with mrdeagle, Miss Z and all the teachers are hiding something from you and all the students. Have you or anyone else attempted to climb those stairs that lead to "nowhere?" But I'm a bit confused😕!Why would Miss Z take you up there when she knew the school was haunted? The teachers obviously know something! And there not going to spill the beans!

Wish you the best! 😁
lolzy_34 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
Good story, about to read the next one 😊 What's your school called? I'll try and find something on the internet.
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
Ariel this experience is frightening. I am disappointed in Miss Z for being so hasty and deleting your evidence of a bizarre encounter! Sounds like she was trying to hide something from you, eh? Despite your time limit your story is very well-written. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: