You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Occurences In Home After Suicide

Real Ghost Stories

Occurences In Home After Suicide

 

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

A month ago my uncle committed suicide in my late-grandparents house that he was sharing with my other uncle. He was alone at the time and hung himself in the hallway on the staircase, when he was found; he was hanging directly in front of the hallway mirror. The mirror has been in the house for over 100 years (It belonged to the people who owned the house before my grandparents) the home was built in the mid 1800s.

He left no note, (though we found a note pad stuffed away with things that said "I'm going to kill myself" over and over and "you're going to kill yourself" over and over) and never seemed depressed, he was just a bitter person.

Since his death my other uncle, his girlfriend and their twin babies have been living in the house and immediately occurrences began. They hear footsteps, banging upstairs; those they thought could be explained. But then the light in the hallway turned off by itself. The switch itself moved to turn off. When my grandfather was alive, he always turned the light on, and my uncle would always turn it off, so we're assuming this is him. My uncle and his girlfriend also swear someone came in the house, they literally heard the back door close and heard footsteps coming in, but when they went to check, no one was there.

Is this my uncle or a demon trying to make us believe it's him?

The mirror always bothered me, so I asked them to consider getting rid of it, which they did and the night after is when they had the occurrence of hearing someone coming in the house.

We really need help, and I miss how this home used to feel, now it feels like a negative presence is around, and I just want to know what to do to make this better, and make it go away. Just to know what's going on! Please help.

We are Catholics and are planning to have a priest bless the house, but I still want to know as much as anyone can tell me, or any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anoynomous111216, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Blaqwynter (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
To the OP.

Your uncle's soul is trapped in that mirror. Souls become trapped in mirrors and can travel throughout the home along with possessed items left behind. He had a lot of resentment about some relationship matter, and was unable to move on. I know this is an old post, but perhaps try to have a live Medium come to your home to assist on crossing him over. If your home is still haunted that is... If you just remove the mirror, his soul will still be attached to it, and be trapped forever. Not a good place to be!
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
nice story I am sorry for the loss of your uncle. This to me sounds like your uncle is trying to contact you to let you know he is their. As for the mirror thing I would imagine that someone hanging killing themselves in front of a mirror would open a portal into another world as mirrors are the main thing for supernatural things to happen in a house. The lights turning on and of seem like he is contacting you. Well that's what I think
Kandybar (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
I know this is an old story, but I'm intrigued that he had left notes behind that said both "I'm going to kill myself" and "you're going to kill yourself" almost as if something was commanding him to...
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
I don't fully agree with ZiShu but I feel that it could be that if you die in a tragic way then your spirit is then more powered and connected to the area, Blessing may help I'm not sure not of your faith background myself so my stock in your belifes are not as high as yours would be.

Also try Godsgift's idea of talking out loud when you can to convince your uncle, tell him you understand him and hope he passes safely and that you love him.

Best of luck,
~Shadead.
Godsgift (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
It sounds like the negative energy of your uncle is trapped within the walls of that house. Mistakenly people believe that once you die your spirit is released and the emotions felt during and before death disappear. But because we are energy... Our spirits last forever, once our bodies die, we are still there. Because our spirits contain and make us who we are, that energy can become trapped on a certain area (like an imprint of energy) or structure. So if that house is the last place you uncle died, then his spirit will remain there until he resolves his emotions or the thing that's keeping him there. He must be helped to do that so he can cross over to the next life waiting for him. Once that is done, then your family will be able to find peace once again. But if not, he may remain and the spooky occurences that plague your family may never stop. And also please note, that at times ghosts can attach them selves to people as well. Which means that if moving to another house or area may have been and idea, his spirit may follow. 😲But I believe the blessing of the house may help, if not, you may also want to talk to him out loud and explain that he is dead, he needs to move on. Tell him to go to the light if he sees it, tell him that other family and friends are waiting for him and he needs to move on. But do not be afraid, or feel stupid because if it is your uncle he can still hear you and see you. So that might help.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
This spirit is both your uncle and a demon.
Well I have to explain better.
This spirit was originally negative energy left over after your uncle's death.
At some point in time, if you do not rid of this ghost, it may pick up enough negative energy from your other uncle's family and a Fallen Angel may convert it into a demon.
There are many ways to rid of it, best is to have a Priest to purge the ghost to it's final resting place.
Keep praying and God Bless
Lone_Wolf (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
With complete respect to your faith, I offer my own pagan perspective. Usually when someone kills themselves there is a lot negative emotion built into it. There's a sort of wall, right before you do it that takes a lot will to overcome to commit the act. All of that sorrow or pain wells up and literally becomes tangible, trying to scare you out of it. To overcome it you put a lot of will into the act and that is typically what forces a spirit to linger. Unfortunatly, suicides become angry shades, lost in that sorrow of their last moments, trapped in this world that they were hoping to escape. At first the spirit can't do much, but eventually, they can become very angry and eventually violent. A priest blessing the home may help, but it is possible that the spirit won't be driven by it. If this is the case, I would recommend a smudging ritual.
Ryno (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
It is your uncle, my brother commited suicide to. He also left no note or anything. Then things began to happen. I recorded a video and it just like my brother woes speaking into the micro phone. Sorry for my bad english. I'm afrikaans. You don't have to be afraid. I'm still happy cause I know that is my brother in the house. He can't get to rest. He did it in 2006, but he is still here in the hous. Take care
Hammily (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
Uhhh...I heard when corpse or dead body is on front of a mirror that mirror will become an haunted object since the spirit saw themselves dead... But I don't know if its true though... 😕
glassarmy (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
Chances are that its your Uncle just letting you know he is there. When my father passed away he did things like that too around the house. It doesn't seem like its trying to hurt you or do anything bad.

With the negative presence. That could be your uncle (with a traumatic death I've seen this happen), try asking it to leave. Even if it is your uncle. The priest is a good idea as well to help you with this.

OR the negative presence could be attracted to all the sadness that everyone feels. It might not be your uncle

So really it could be either or, just make sure to not be afraid. This is your world not theirs! Being afraid doesn't help anyone! Best of luck to you <3

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: