You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Flickering Entity And A Strange Scent

Real Ghost Stories

Flickering Entity And A Strange Scent

 

My first ever ghost experience happened in Coquitlam BC, CA. I was 15 years old. I was hanging around the house with my boyfriend Max when we decided to watch a movie. We popped it in the VCR and started it. Just then, the TV shut off, and the power went out. It startled me, but I checked my patio to see if there was a storm, but the sky was only overcast, only on the verge of starting to mist.

I went and lit some candles and just decided to read for a bit, and told Max he could go home. So he did. Just then, I smelled something that smelled like propane, and it was coming from the hall. I carefully got up, and walked down the hall to the cellar, where the sickening scent seemed to be emanating from. I opened the door and walked downstairs, and stopped myself short on the last step. There was a 6 foot male standing across the cellar, a few meters away from me. He was pitch black, like a shadow, and he was flickering. There were no lights or any candles. At first I thought it was my shadow, but when I walked over towards it, it disappeared.

I still, to this day, cannot figure out what it was. I know it was probably just my imagination playing tricks on me, or my own body casting a shadow against the wall. But I was still pretty spooked and decided to spend the night at Max's place. Another weird thing happened to me a couple days later.

I had just gotten home from school and my mum was in the shower, as I could hear her singing. I just walked into my room and started to do my homework when I smelled that smell again. But this time, it was coming from the bathroom. I thought maybe the smell of shampoo and soap were too weak to prevent my mother from smelling that disturbing scent, so I knocked on the door, and then the shower shut off. I thought she was finished, so I walked inside. The curtains were still closed, but there was a weird, silent moaning sound coming from over there, so I threw open the covers and stared into the empty bathtub. Nobody was there, except for a faint, black shape of a woman's torso lying in there, as if she were having a bath. She was singing to herself, and then vanished before my eyes. The smell went away. Occasionally I still see her figure for a couple seconds, but it always disappears before I can get a good look at it. I never saw the male shadow again after that.

Then, the physical stuff started happening. Just last night, I was lying in bed watching TV when I felt something like a hand lightly brush my thigh and go up until it was at my waist, then stopped and went away. Suddenly, the room got really hot, so I took off my pajamas because I knew I was alone. I closed my eyes and went to sleep, but just then, I felt a male's hand grip my inner thighs and push them apart. My eyes snapped open, and I tried to move, but couldn't. Even breathing was a little challenging. It started rubbing my legs, and then I felt its weight on my body, and it kissed me on the lips, and it felt like it was tracing my jaw line with its mouth. I shivered, and prayed to God to make it stop, though I wasn't a Christian, and then it was gone. I don't know if it'll happen again tonight, but if it does, I'll be sure to write it down again as soon as possible. However, my schedule is really busy and it's rare for me to actually find a time where I'm on Your Ghost Stories and it won't say 'Juvenile stories' and stuff like that.

If anybody can help me with these entities and what I believe to be called an Incubus, could you please comment and help me?

Thanks that would great.

Other hauntings by white_roses84

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, white_roses84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ziggy11663 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
I have this same experience when I visit my daughter in Denmark this autum. The smell of sulfur, attack at nights... And this things seem to hate cats - I found a great potection in the cat she own.

Please send me replay at my email address in my profile ippon-s [at] hotmail.com -
white_roses84 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
When I ask it to come, it does. That only happened once, because I wanted to see it again, but it comes by itself a lot, as well. I really wish this demon would go away, as it is making me uncomfortable and I don't like it touching me. When it tries to 'pleasure' me it only fails, and I think it's because I'm not afraid of ghosts, I'm only interested by them. However, another encounter happened a couple nites ago...
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Do you do things rightously or evil wise?
This could be the problem.
Either way just keep faith and pray that it will go away.
Have you ever notice that when you think of it, it will happen?
Or does it happen when you least expext it?
Let me know and hope things have changed since October.
Take care and be safe.
vmorenitas22 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
wow. Your story is very interesting and scary. I don't know much about this to give you advice but I agree with the other posts on here. Take care and good luck.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
I agree with Starseeker as always.
The smell of propane or some type of gas is normally a sign of a demon.
You have already seen their shadow forms.
Do not let it continue to feel you up. The more you let these or this demon stay around, the stronger it can get.
Negative emotions will only make it stronger. Sin may open you up for a attack.
You should try to get rid of it as soon as possible.
God is always there for you. Trying praying to God more often and having a close relationship to Him so that He may protect you.
These demons will try at anything to keep you away from God.
Keep praying and God Bless
Starseeker (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
It seems that you do not want these encounters to continue and that is the right choice. Can I ask you a question?
How old are you? I would like to give you a little bit of advice. There are some members here that encourage a relationship
With demons and will try to pull you in by joining their website and it is best to ignore these kind of people. Eventhough you
Are not a Christian; by calling out to God you have expressed the need to have him in your life and that is the first step and I would like to encourage you to read the Bible and attend a Church Service; allow me to recommend Baptist or Non-Denominational.
Most of all continue to pray to God and have faith that he will answer your prayer.
Lone_Wolf (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
I've been to yellowstone and I assure you, the smell of sulfer is hard to forget. Propane I don't know, so I couldn't tell you if they're similer enough to mistake for one another.

Most spirits presend themselves in a way that you would recognize them (for one, my father in law smells like grease whenever he visits). Incubi and Succubi are demons, sexual preditors that use sex as a torture and despite popular believe they actually feed off your fear and life force. A lot of demonic attackers are accompanied with the smell of sulfer.

Demons are often repelled by symbols of faith. For christians, this is a cross. Pagans like myself perfer a pentagram but there a lot of ways to ward a house against spiritual intruders. If its taken up residence, a "smudging" is nessisary (Or an exorsism depending on your preference).

It's not something you want to sit on though. These thigns get stronger the more they feed and though rare, they can cause great harm and death if given too much leeway. Don't wait, whatever you do.
Succubussed (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
It's difficult to tell if you have been touched by an Incubus. I have some experience with these sort of Beings and some of what you describe fits, but you would have to have been touched in a much more sexual nature to be certain of it.

Do you feel an "evil" presence, or does this Being make you feel comforted?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: