You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Uneasy Feeling

Real Ghost Stories

Uneasy Feeling

 

My son will be three next month and he is seeing a man in his room. It started one night when my husband and I were watching TV. I heard him screaming on the top of his lungs. I went flying into his room to see him in a ball crying and shaking; all he could say was the man the man. He could not sleep I had an odd feeling standing in his room trying to calm him down I finally got him clam and went back out to watch TV. My husband and I saw this flash of light fly across the room. This happened about two weeks ago and since then it takes him a long time to go to bed and he is talking to the "man". Sometimes he starts crying and saying he is scared. I sleep with him sometimes to get him to go to bed and the feeling that is in there is very uneasy and very sad. Since that night odd things have been happening around the house.

Doors open when they are locked and shut tight, the very uneasy feeling that is throughout the house. I do not feel comfortable in my own home anymore. It is a continuing thing everyday I have to go into his room with him and he cannot be left alone to play. I have to be there with him. The same when taking baths and going to the bathroom. He used to be an independent little boy and now he has went the opposite way.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ontariomom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jamie04 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
i know when I was around about the same age, in our old house, my brother found me a number of times stting under the stairs talking... And when he asked me who I told him I'm talking to the ghost. This was strange for me because I don't recall this. But my family all know about it. And I was 7yrs old before I was told that the house was haunted by an elderly guy who actually died in our back yard. He used to open and close cuboards doors walk up and down the hall way up stairs the lot. And when I got told I used to talk to him... I was shocked... Could this man be a recently lost ralative? Someone who never got a chance to meet your son? Someone who wishes he had a chance to? It could just be a spirit from within the house/property. Let us know if you find anything out.
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Ignore it and it will not haunt as much.
Your home your rules and you must show it your not afraid.
When things happen don't encourage it and never taunt, but if your trying to get rid of it then do your best to show them who is boss.
Simply move is another option unless it follows, but it might be only the house.
Research research research is the way to go.
And don't be scared and STOP arguing.
JUST stop.
good luck and listen to your kid, he knows what he sees!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
OntarioMom--I know you and your husband want to safeguard your son, and quite rightly, that is the first order of business. I suggest that, in daytime and in a safe place, you seat him in your lap and assure him you and daddy are here to protect him and you will do everything you can to make bad people stay away from him. As gently as you can, cajole some descriptions, not only of what he sees but what he feels. Don't make it hard or a heavy grilling session--relate things to the commonplace wherever you can. Don't relay your own fears but, if necessary, say that sometimes it's hard for you and his daddy to see everything he sees, and you need his help.

Research the history of the house and previous use of the land. Maybe you can make some connections.
Let him sleep with you and your husband, either in your room or his room, even if you have to move beds for awhile. It may sounds extreme, but the lad must be assured, and the next time it happens, you'll be right there--and maybe witness it, too.

I don't think you can conclude yet it's an evil entity; a strange man is a strange man, and the usual ghost tricks he's performing are for your benefit, not your son's.
In these stories you've seen hundreds of ideas on how to assuage or banish a spectre back to the shadows or onto the Light, so you can read up and chose that method that seems right for you.
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
That is truly frightening! But you must remember not to let the negative feelings win you over. If you are sad or afraid I think things will not improve. Try your hardest to be strong and happy, and these things will hopefully go away. Good luck to you! 😁
heyheydeven (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
as I read this a creepy feeling crawled up my spine! God help your little boy! The thing is for some reason this always happens in countries other than the US I wonder why
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
It does indeed sound like something is disturbing your little boy. If it is a spirit, first thing I would suggest is going into his room and addressing anything there. State that it's scarying your son and needs to stop. It needs to leave, this is your home and it's not welcome. Be forcefull and allow your "mother's protectiveness" come out. Following this I would suggest a smugging ritual or perhaps a house blessing, dependant on your faith & religion. Remember, this is your house, stand up and make yourself known that you will not tolerate anything upsetting your son. Take care and I hope things improve.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: