You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Think I Have Company

Real Ghost Stories

I Think I Have Company

 

I found this site looking for answers to some recent strange things happening here in our home. My husband and I recently moved here to Switzerland in June from Florida USA. We are still settling into a house that can't be more than 30 years old.

We recently have been hearing dull tones in 3's, and can't really describe them, nor pinpoint where they are coming from. They only happened at night when we are in bed. We had been excusing them to the new ceiling fan my husband installed, until 3 days ago. I was up late talking on Skype to my mom back in the states. My husband woke up hearing voices, (me) and walked down stairs to see why I wasn't in bed. When he returned to bed, the light on his nightstand was on. He didn't turn on any lights. So he turned the light out and went back to sleep. About an hour later 3:15 am, he woke up again with the light on, and I still had not come upstairs to bed. He was spooked, and got up for the remainder of the night. I went to bed then, and went right to sleep. He did not share this with me yet.

For the next 2 days, I kept hearing light walking upstairs all over and especially in my bedroom over the living room, all day. Yesterday morning, my husband left for work and as usual he turned out the lights and locked the door. I woke up with the hall light on going down the stairs. I griped at him about it, as I was trying to sleep. He swears he turned it out, and it was off when he looked back up at the house while walking down the hill to the train. Later in the day my little 3 year old yorkie started barking like crazy at the base of the stairs and looking up. Still not thinking much, I went to investigate and found nothing. This happened 3 times during the day.

When my husband returned home, I explained what had occurred with the footsteps, and the dog, he then explained to me his experience. Still not wanting to believe anything like this would be true, but a little freaked about the possibility, we went to bed. I woke up this morning at 3:45 am with the bathroom light on and bright as can be! I got up and turned it out. When my husband got up to shower, I waited until he finished in the bathroom to ask him if he had gotten up to use the bath during the night... He said no why? Now we are both really on edge. The owners of the house were the original owners, and never had any issues or deaths.

We are trying to conceive a child, could this be a family member visit, or something to do with the possibility that I may be pregnant? My father recently passed away in the USA, and I have been thinking a lot about him, did I do this, and should I be worried?

Please give me some insight, as we are both nervous about this, and looking for answers!

I will discuss anything about this subject. Thank you

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sflorida_sweetie2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
When I was pregnant my dad would "visit" quite a bit. Once I had to drive home in my 7th month during a strong thunderstorm and the whole way home I smelled his pipe tobacco in the car. Also a plumbing problem in our apartment mysteriously "fixed" itself during my pregnancy (he was a plumber). If the energy is positive feeling, it may be your dad or a deceased relative checking in on you.
lynlyoness (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Ask your father who is deceased to come and make this presence go away or at least stop spooking you out. I would also ask them to stop with the lights. Your entity doesn't seem to be a bad one. I believe ghosts are people who have left thier bodily form but remain as energy, just transformed. I had a ghost that would turn on my tv, change channels move things then we would find them exactly where we thought we left them.

It seems like you haven't been scared / fear this thing so I wouldn't be so worried.

To get rid of negative energies, try smudging the home. American Indians use this. Check out this website copy and paste: http://healing.about.com/cs/native/a/smudging.htm
Then check out how to smudge.
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
try having a priest bless the house if your in that sort of religion. I had my priest bless me all together.
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Well... I think it could be your dad coming to visit you. Trying to say goodbye or something. If you are pregnant those senses are at times heightened. So you may want to try and take a test (good luck). I have had members that pass come visit me and sometimes they just want to say goodbye or they love you and then they can pass. So maybe that...
KimCan (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Very interesting experiences! Have you felt threatened or watched in the house? Because, while it's possible that it is your father stopping by to say hello, it could also be something less welcome. I think that if it is your father you should be able to speak out loud and tell him that you love him but that he is frightening you and your husband and ask him to stop. If it is your father I think he will honor your wishes. If it's not your dad, then you need to get whatever it is out of your house because in my experience these things tend to escalate and that's no fun. Personally, I'm a Christian and I have found praying in the name of Jesus Christ to be very effective. Good luck and keep us posted! 😊
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
This is interesting. I think there is a good chance something paranormal might be going on. Your experiences may be heightened so to speak, due to stress. You've moved to a new country. Your husband (I'm assuming) transferred/got a new job. You're getting use to new surroundings. You're away from your family... Oh and your father died.

I think you need to take a step back. Let yourself relax a little (that may seem hard). Enjoy your new home and a new country. I would look into the history of the home/land. Even though the previous owners may not know of anything, there has got to be some history to it.

Keep us posted
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
Have you or your husband ever experienced this type of things prior to these occurencess?
Try not to give out negative energy.
Well you've been there for several months and things just started happenning, and it sounds like you and your husband are in good terms,
Soo what else has happened since then?
The thing about your g-pa, let go but never forget.
You live on a hill?
Any other neighbors around you?
Since you moved to a different surrounding (other part of the world) and not yet know where you really are, well you might want to check out the history of your surroundings.
Is there religon inyour presence? This could be some sort of trigger from cross religons (for example)
Satanism rituals and then you got GOD rituals and then you got NON DENOMINATION and so on and so on and so on.
Unless someone is cheating and that is why your man heard you talking because of guilt and you hear running around because of running around (different country) and the lights are trying to wake you and your husband up to not break up.
Have you ever smelled anything, like any odors that are not familiar to you or your husband?
Let me know cause I'm interested.
MY HOUSE IS HAUNTED ALSO.
But I know why it is Haunted and sometimes it feels creepy, but then again I've experienced this throughout my entire life.
If it don't bother you, take out the light bulbs in your room and your bathroom every now and then to see if a light comes on, I had a room that the lights would come on and there was no lightbulb in the socket.
Take care in Switzerland and try not to get home sick.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
It sounds like whatever you've attracted is afraid of the dark...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: