You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My 3 Year Old Son

Real Ghost Stories

My 3 Year Old Son

 

My son Seth lately has been saying things out of normal. At first I thought he was having night terrors but then I heard him talking. I myself have never seen or heard anything so I cannot say this is true but things he says makes me to believe he is seeing something and talking to someone.

He woke tonight at 3 in the morning and said mom I see "ghost" I just kind of over looked it and let him lay with me to go back to sleep. But then I heard him telling them you two shut up! And I could not see anyone but he is talking to someone. I went and read up about children seeing ghost and now I am to believe my son is seeing and talking to someone who he can only see.

He's very smart for being 3 not one to make up stories. I'm not certain if I should be scared that he is talking or seeing something that is there. But, I do believe he is communicating with someone.

This has been going on for the past week. He's not allowed to watch scary movies. So when he said to me " mom I see ghost" I was a little shocked!

Over a year ago he had told me he once seen grandpa and my father has been gone now for 10 years so my son never even met him. I am wondering if he is seeing people in my family that have past away and trying to communicate with him.

I would like advice on this to know if I should believe it to all be true and what I should do about it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, forgiven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

deon1234 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
im a little scared for you and you should believe it cause a 3 year old boy seeing a ghost of someone he has never met before is really serious go to some one how knows all about paranormal activity. And I seen my grandma and granddad after they died when I turned 13 and I'm 16 now
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Currently having some deja'vu
Swear I read this and posted a comment, but I musn't of.
Anyway, I'll read it now 😊 I was just checking if I'd posted
Http://www.ghostmedia.webs.com
hmoobguy (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
My culture has stories that says children's who haven't lost all their baby teeth has the innocence and potential to see spirits. But, once their permanent teeths grows out, they eventually grow out of that stage. Plus the spirits can't do no harm to your child. If it wanted to harm, it would have done so already.
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
My Daughter had the same experience, two boys and she would talk to them. But they were not good. Based on your son telling them to shut up, I would think they are harrassing him. Don't even consider illness or reinforcing your son's experiences by inquiring further. Begin cleansing the room, reinforcing a good feeling throughout the house. They are usually tied to one place, so change rooms or move if it continues, faith and belief, prayer and expressing the love of God can fix this and drive them out. The longer it continues unabated the worse it gets until you protect your child.
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
Have you considered a sketch artist, but don't give the artist any background information.
This will give the artist practice and you will see a better picture of what your child sees.
Children can see things that we can't because w have trained our brain not to recieve these contacts... For exammple,
" I don't believe in ghost " or Aliens are not real.
I like the crayon advise also, but your better off with a sketch artist. Try to look for one around your area, A few extra bucks out of your budget is well worth the thought of knowing what your up against and to see what your child sees.
I'de do it.
For curiossity purpossess of how much it would cost for a sketch artist and to see the outcome!
When your child speaks you should listen because when your old your child will listen to your thoughts.

AND always have an open mind!
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
forgiven: Thank you for your story. Your son just may be seeing your deceased relatives. Children and animals can see spirits who've passed on much better than we adults can. If your son has never met his grandfather, then he may be getting a visit from him time to time. That wouldn't be out of the norm for your father to pop in and check up on you all and visit with his grandson and watch over him and you! Have you ever ask him what the man that he's saying is his grandfather looks like? Why not try getting a stack of pictures of some of your deceased relatives such as your father and mix them in with some other pictures and show these pictures to him and see if he can pick out some of them and what he says their names are. This would be very interesting. I wouldn't go thinking he has a serious mental illness. You could even try some EVP recordings. Put a tape recorder in his room or where ever it is that you hear him speaking to these unseen visitors and see what you can catch.

I wish you well. God bless you and your son.
Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
i would also go with opaleone advice. My nephew would see spirits in the house when he was really young, and will he will see my grandfather every once in a while looking over them in my grandfathers old house. Good story to.
CassieJo (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
i think its neet that your son is seeing spirits or the 'paranormal', is this just a phase little kids go threw? Or do you know if he's gotten some type of 'gift'? 😳

If so, I'm jealous! Lol, tell the little tike I said hi!:)
indig0c0gnito (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
I agree with opaleone, as I've had this experience with my son when he was small. Advice= Don't scare him, act like it's not unusual/different, and get details with 'round-about questioning (i.e. "hey pookie-doo, what do you & your 'friends' want for a snack today? Do they like _____?", ect.).
Good luck, he'll probably out grow the gift anyway. 😁
searchingsam (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
Hey I would not panic. I would go with opaleone's advice. When my grand daughter was 3 she had told us that she had seen and talked to her great granny. Which had passed away a year before she was born. Then while we were going through some of her great grand mothers stuff she picked out her picture out of a stack of different pictures and told us that this was her great granny that she had seen. Kids see more then they know sometimes. Do you live in a house that is old or heard any stories from anyone?
WandersintheDark (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
Children are often more able to "see" what adults do not, specificly because they're more open. He could be having a genuine experiance. Spirits (in general) are harmless, especially if hes just seeing "echos" of the being or deceased family members wanting to pass on information. Sometimes family members will return to watch over and protect their family/family home to the best of their capacity.

My advice is to talk to him about it. Explain that most people do not see what he sees, and ask him if any of them make him afraid or feel "bad". If not, I wouldn't worry. People (especially children) Know when something nasty is around.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
hmm...I've given this advice before to others...
Give him some paper and crayons and have your son draw for you what he's seeing.
At least you'll have a idea of what might be bothering him...
brainlessbandit (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
Interesting story. Before you label this "paranormal", you might want to take your son to a doctor to make sure he doesn't have a serious mental illness such as schizophrenia. A 3-year-old having childhood schizophrenia is rare but not unheard of. I'm not saying he's crazy or anything or that he has schizo, but your description makes it sound like he might have it. If he doesn't, assure him that he is special and that he need not be afraid; he has a gift and it isn't a bad thing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: