You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Haunted Cemetary

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Cemetary

 

My two sisters have recently become interested in ghost and have taken one of those ghost recorders to a few places supposed to be haunted. I'm not as into it as much as they but for my birthday they bought me one of those small recorders so a few days ago I decided to go down to the cemetery near my home and give it a try only I never expected anything of it.

I walked around awhile then laid it down by one of the graves and hit the record button and walked to the other side of the cemetery just checking out some really old graves. No one was there just myself and it's a cemetery way out in the country. About 10 or so minutes later I was getting bored and it was getting late in the evening so I went back across the cemetery and picked up the recorder then hit the off button and came home.

At home I hit play and about 6 minutes later this man's voice says, I'm here in, (then like a 2 second pause), he says, the church. There's a church right across from the cemetery. I thought I might faint there for a minute.

The next day I took it to both my sisters' homes so they could hear my ghost and they were so excited about it. I'm just scared because my husband works out of town a lot so I stay by myself a lot of nights and I don't want that ghost here for sure but at the same time I want to know why this ghost man wanted me to know he was in the church.

Anyone on this site have any ideas about this? If I go back there he might say something again but I'm wayyyy to scared. How can I be sure he, s a good ghost?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilabell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
how real are spirits, and how sly are the fallen angels at decieving. I just now barely escaped suicide. Even though, knowing what I do. I left myself open. I've been divorced a year and ten months. I've been lonely but not wanting to delve into a not only bad relationship but not fall back into the alcoholism I fought with for 30 years. I let them tell me for the last few weeks how useless I was, how my life was for not. They almost got the best of me. They almost took my life. But just now, at 3:30 in the morning, my couisin was raised from his sleep and called me, and told me what I was going through, and gave me strength. There is a God, and apparently in my darkest hour. He saw me, and cares. The covenant he made with me, and with us, mankind. Is real.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Spirits aren't much on speaking from what I've read, but could it be possible that if it could say more it would say: (this is only speculation) why are you seeking the dead among the graves when you could be seeking the LORD OF LIFE in the church? Ghosts are interesting and fun--but please be careful because even if you think you know who you're dealing with, they may not really be who they act like they are.I'm not saying that you are a thrill seeker, but I do believe that there are some reading this. To them I say that if you want the ultimate scare then go to church--especially when the paster is preaching on the book of Revelation and hell. That will scare you down to the very core of your being if you are not right with GOD and will haunt you until you get RIGHT with GOD--only in CHRIST. Religion won't save you, but JESUS will. Everyone needs this kind of scare because the BIBLE says that the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom and also it says that the fear of the LORD prolongeth days. Where else could you aquire a "fear" that would make you wiser and live longer? Even the demons that go around scaring and intiminating people fear and tremble when it comes to JESUS and it bothers and worries them when you pray to HIM. The devil and his angels know that JESUS is the one that made everything and everyone including them and gave them their power (they were created good). JESUS is the one that gave them a choice (like HE does us) between good and evil and they chose evil. JESUS is the one that defeated them for us at calvory. And JESUS is the one that will ultamately strip them of their power and cast them into the lake of fire. FEAR JESUS. I used to see a sign on a shed every night when I was comming home from seeing my girlfriend--it said:In the end all meet GOD. That, along with other things is what helped to put the fear of the LORD in me and now I belong to JESUS. That sign is not there anymore--I wonder if it offended someone?
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
I recorded an evp in my bedroom about a year and a half ago & for a short time I was afraid to even go into that room. I realized that this spirit meant me no harm because nothing bad ever happened & I never felt afraid or threatened in that room. Not all spirits mean us harm, some are gentle & kind. Maybe it's the same for the ghost who's voice you recorded.
lilabell (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
Hi all and I have no plans to try the recorder at the cemetery or church again even though I am curious because the voice is so clear and I'm positive I was the only person there ~~but for a week after I was to scared to even sleep in my own bed and slept on the couch with the tv on and lamp on by the couch. I finally got to the point I feel safe sleeping in my bed again without a light on though I still keep the tv on. I expect soon my sisters will go there with their recorders but I don't plan to join them. This kind of thing is fun to them and I'm worried they will get into problems with whatevers on the other side. They are not home alone at night like I am which is why they are not scared to dabble around with the unknown. I don't know what that ghost wanted but if he thinks I would go into that church now, no wayyyyy. Only if I could be sure it was a harmless ghost would I go there but there's no way to know so ill stay away from there. Better safe than sorry.
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Ok lilabell. What you are doing is meddling? And that is one thing you should DO NOT be doing. It is like messing around with a Ouija. You do not know what might just happen in the process. I say just stop what you are doing and don't think of it again. Evil spirit or not leave it alone. Remember curiosity killed the cat. God Bless you and stay safe.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
I don't think you should be scared, It might not even be a ghost, and the chances of it coming home with you are very slim. Its in the cemetary for a reason. If it were me Id take your device and go to the church to see if you could communicate with it again. Regards Jack 😊
lilabell (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Thanks everyone for your advise. I haven't went back though I have thought of going back, but I'm just not sure its safe. I dident expect to get that voice on the recorder and yeah it did freak me out. Nothing unusual has happened here at my home I'm so thankfull for that. I have considered going to the church but not the cemetery but I'm to chicken to do that to. I just don't want that ghost or whatever it was following me home. My great grand parents from my moms side are buried there and 2 cousins, baby girls one that died same day she was born the other lived 2 days. I have been there many times through the years just had never taken a recorder until I took it and heard that mans voice. Anyways now when I pass the church on my way to town I can't help but look to see if I see that ghost man somewhere around the church but I'm thankfull I havent, so far... 😁
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
You can't be sure he is a good ghost. Or that he is actually a ghost for that matter. It could be a fallen angel. They like to impersonate the dead and most likely account for most of the ghost encounters known. The likely hood of it being an actual angel (one of the holy ones) would be nil. They only make themselves known for purposes that is in the will of God. Not just to chat. In the likely hood that it is a fallen spirit then it would most likely tell you partial truths to fool you. Fallen spirits are able to look or sound like any of the dead they so chose too. They have been Cast out since before the dawn of man and know all that we have said and done so there would be no question you could ask them about one of the former living they wouldn't know. They also would not have your best interest at heart no matter what they say so be on your toes. I wouldn't mind investigating electronic voice recordings but I would never believe anything they told me. It's an interesting subject
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
why anyone would go looking for these things is beyond me. I fell into my one and only haunting... And haven't had any run-in's since that night... And don't care to have them. That night, which was posted here in this forum last week--see (brothers haunted house) was quite enough for me, as it was the most frightening thing I've ever experienced. At one point, when all was said and done, I was waiting for someone to tell me I was on "Scare Tactics"-- no such luck. Do yourself a favor Lilabel, don't go looking for something that may mistaken your intentions as an invite into your life.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
If you do go back to the cemetery or church... Please PLEASE be respectful of both. Churches are a place of worship (whether you are religious or not, they are sacred to some) and cemeteries are a final place of rest. Please don't treat this like an episode of Scooby Doo or something

I honestly don't see a reason to go back there. Are other things happening to you? Or are you just generally freaked out by the recording.
Celess19 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
That's a really interesting story... I personally don't think it's a ghost with bad intentions, but it wants you to help him with something or just need someone to tell his story to.

I'd suggest you to go to that church with your recorder, no need to go to that cemetary again in case you get misleaded by other spirits wandering there. It's a church, so you should be safe from anything evil that might try to enter a spiritual door while you make contact with your ghost...

Anyways, good luck, and don't be scared... Fear is negative energy and that's what evil spirits are attracted to!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: