You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Visited By A Demon

Real Ghost Stories

Visited By A Demon

 

I was 13yrs. Old when it first happened. I had fallen asleep on the couch the first time he came, I heard a knock on the front door in the middle of the night and my mom came to answer it, when she opened the door I could hear her arguing with someone when suddenly the door was forced open and my mom yelled for me to run, when I looked up all I could see was the shadow of a man running towards me with his arms out like he was trying to grab me, that's when I woke up. It all seemed so real, I was on the couch exactly where I was before with the same blanket in the same position as in "my dream", I had never had a dream like that before, my dreams were never that coherent and I was never in control of what I was thinking and feeling, I was sure it wasn't a dream but when I asked my mom about it the next day she seemed worried but she said it didn't happen.

Very soon after that "the dreams" started becoming more frequent but after that first time there wasn't anyone else in those dreams but him except for one very later on. At first they were very violent except for the fact that during that stage it was like an out of body experience, he would come to me in my sleep (it didn't matter where I was, at home or at a friends house, in the living room or in the bedroom) I would know he was there because I would wake up and as soon as he would come my whole body would go numb, I couldn't move at all except for my eyes, I could still see and breath (I think he liked it better with me coherent and fully able to see what was going on) One moment I would be paralyzed on the bed with him usually standing in a corner of the room and the next moment I would just sit on the side watching while he would string me up and beat me, it was very odd because for all that I saw I never actually felt any pain, only fear, then as suddenly as it began I would wake up exactly where I had woken up before in my bed but this time he would be gone and for a long time I would wonder to myself "was it just a dream".

After a while the violence stopped and very oddly his visits seemed to become more personal, the first was very shocking and scared me even more then the violent dreams before, I was asleep on my mom's bed (we had just moved into a new house) when I woke up and just like the dreams before I was unable to move, the only difference was that this was in the middle of the day, I was laying on my side and I could feel him on the bed behind me when suddenly a man wearing a light blue shirt walked into the room and told me to get up and go towards him (this was the only other time besides the first time that anyone other than him had showed up in a dream) I tried to get up and go towards the man when suddenly, and very forcefully I might add, I felt a hand wrap around my hair and pull me back very hard (this was the first time that I actually felt him touch me and heard his Voice) when I was grounded back on the bed he leaned toward my ear and said "you can go for now but you'll never be able to get away from me, you'll be mine" his voice sounded very harsh and raspy like he had smoked a ton of cigarettes right before he spoke, and then I woke up again, this time he was gone and just like all the times before I was, where I was and laying exactly how I was in my "dream". That one really scared me, I told my mom about it and without telling me she went to speak to a priest she explained to him what was going on and he told her that they were not just dreams and gave her some holy water to put around my room. Not so funny thing about it was that it made no difference, even when I was having the dreams I would say "In the name of Jesus Christ, Leave this place or leave me alone" and other things like that, and he would just laugh (It didn't seem to do much to him).

One more significant dream was when I was 18, I had just found out that my boyfriend that I had been with since I was fourteen had cheated on me, one night he came to my room and just like before I couldn't move I was on my side and I could feel him behind me when he reached his arm around me, he didn't speak to me but it's like he was talking through his mind (the same raspy voice as before) and in a way I guess I saw his face for the first time (or what he wanted me to see at least) in my mind all I could see as he was talking to me was the face of a demon, black with red eyes and two goat like horns, when I woke up after that I couldn't remember everything that was said that night, except for during that visit, in my mind he showed me an image of two little boys with their coats on playing in the middle of a driveway with brown and yellow leaves scattered on the ground around them, I didn't understand what it had to do with me, but then he explained that the one on the right was my boyfriend and the other kid was his brother then he told me that, that little boy signified the childish and innocent part of my boyfriend that he could mess with and have a lot of fun playing with, and all I had to do was pass him along, I refused, I couldn't imagine bringing that problem to someone else's life. Even though I was mad I couldn't push that problem onto someone else. That was the last time that he ever made a real appearance and to me. Every once in a while I'll wake up and not be able to move I can sense his presence there but he doesn't interact with me anymore. About two weeks ago I woke up and couldn't move, I knew he was there, when I looked up I could see him standing there in the dark next to the bedroom door, he started to move and I saw him darting around the room when he got close to the foot of the bed I woke up again and he was gone. For as long as he's appeared he's always (except for the one time that he showed me his image in my mind) appeared the same way, he showed up as a shadow all I could see was the very dark, black figure of a man (much darker than the surrounding night).

I've read some personal stories of experiences that other people have had on this website and it may sound bad but I am happy to know that it doesn't only happen to me, but very alarmed to hear that other people have had it worse than I have, I guess that I am still scared of him because I know what he is and waking up not being able to move, trying to scream but feeling like I have lockjaw and can't even make a noise, feeling my teeth grinding together that is a very scary feeling. I was never as scared as the time I woke up with my daughter asleep on the bed next to me (I as unable to move and had the lockjaw feeling) and could feel him lifting me off the bed, I was halfway in the air and I could still see my daughter asleep there next to her dad, just the fact that he was so close to them frightened me (my daughters father is the same one that he said he could have a lot of fun playing with). Even after all that I have to say that I consider myself lucky to have not experienced pain or have been violated physically like some other people who's experiences I have read about but even so I am still scared of him because of what he is and the fear he can instill in me with only his presence. Now I am 24 years old and have been dealing with this for 11yrs. Luckily the visits have become almost non-existent (not much interaction and very few and far in between) but I can only pray and hope that it doesn't start all over again. One thing I do know for sure, I was raised to believe in god, but these experiences I've had have reinforced in me and helped me believe for myself that god does exist, I have been shown that demons exist so I cannot and refuse to believe that something so bad could exist without something really good existing too.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SR55, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

assie (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
what I would advise you to do it get a perfesional in to help you. Espicaly that you have a little daughter. I hope everything turns out ok for you
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Trudy is right for battling a demon from his religious point of view. Holy water does in fact still work against pretty much any negative spirits and demons. It just is! Even vamps! If they do exist. But the bible, like that's going to do anything. I'm Christian too, but a bible. Here's a fact: Demos they know the bible inside out, more than any other Christian on earth. They used to be angels, they know everything. So, if they tell you that the bible is a lie, it means it's true. They lie from the truth. One thing I give demons credit for, is that they know patience like true hunters they are. Also demons have become stronger this day in age. They can enter a Christian person and turn them to something sinister. They can enter a church even, especially a catholic one, becuase there all fakes that's why. They don't follow the rules! I will tell you the true way to repel a demon. It's pretty simple, have a strong mind and keep your heart with peace and love that's all. See God enters your heart, but Satan loves to take the mind corrupting the heart. Those two ares in your body and the most crucial. The author has a lot of experiences, get used to them. You have to know your own tactics everytime you encounter something different, but not too different. Demons are weaker than other demons, once you can identify that then your golden. Also, another thing is if you have relics or talismans and if you mess around with meditation it's going to be easy to have demon go into your mind. If your still have hauntings, than the relics or talismans don't work as good. Satan will just send more demon's that are used to those objects. It also attracts unwanted spirits.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
So, child how can you tell them to leave if most of them don't understand English. I mean yeah if you can speak Latin, more power to you. Yes Christians can repel demons all the time. Priest's come at hoes to cleanse the demonic presense. It's been proven, but demon's do come back when the house is unholy again. A Satanic Pagan, that doesn't make sense. Knowing that Pagans help create Chritianity. So, does that mean that Satanism is part of Chritianity as well? The only difference is they believe in multiple gods, but the rules are just the same. Only Chritians don't sacrifice innocent people, but that's just my opnion. I had friend's thata re both Pagan, wiccan, and Satanist, so I'm not bashing on the religion, I'm just trying to understand what your standing for. As for this story, repel the demons the right way, your way. Great story too!
Trudy (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Dear Martin,
I did tell SR55 that she has to become a Christian to accept the Holy Spirit. I apologize, I did not realize that I wrote that. 😳
Trudy (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Dear Martin,

I'm not trying to convert others. I'm just saying that I have used the Christian way to fight against demonic forces and it works for me. Since it works for me it probably works for other people as well.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
Trudy, Lupernikes never said it was bad to be christian, don't put words in his mouth. The way your post was written, you seem to imply someone has to convert to christianity to fight off spirits, which is not the case, and this site certainly wouldn't be the appropriate place to try and convert others.
Trudy (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
Dear Lupernikes,

Why is it bad to be Christian? All I know is the Christian way to fight against demonic forces and it works. If people want to fight against demonic forces through Islam and other religions then by all means do so. I am Christian, I fight with the Holy Spirit.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
I've got to say, I agree with Lupernikes. Spouting the name of Jesus and reading the Bible is not THE way to repel demonic attack. You don't HAVE to be Christian to protect yourself, you don't even have to believe in God. For example, someone like me (a Satanic Pagan) praying for Jesus to help me against a demon would do absolutely nothing at all, but make me a hypocrite.

Many demons do not even understand human speech. Empty words we yell at them could mean nothing to them, have no effect at all. Like it's been said, it's your aura and the strength of your own spirit. Depend on yourself to repel the attack. Be firm and aggressive and tell it to leave.
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
*sigh* so moslems, jews and everybody else will get eaten by demons Trudy?

Will all spirits and demons, the words are irrelevent, the intent however, is. They do not speak or understand our language but speak one of their own, so anything we say matters nothing to them, but they can see our aura and sense our emotions; fear draws them, conviction and strength make them move on...

But most people here are wrong on one point, they're not ALL evil, just alien and impossible to comprehend. They are Intelligent though; if you read my story "Shadow Stalkers and Shadow Watcher" (shameless plug lol) I have encountered both kinds (though I later have seen another reason for some of this but too late now to detail; buy the book when it's in the stores lol) but the last part of my story details a non-malevolent entity I encountered which displayed obvious intelligence...
Trudy (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
Dear SR55,

You need the Holy Spirit in you. It is he that will fight. In order to receive the Holy Spirit you have to become a Christian. This is how you protect yourself against the demon.

1. Pray to God for help. Do not pray to Michael the arch angel. Heb.4:16 and Jude 9

2. Put the armor of God on. Pray it on. Ephessians 6:10-18

3. Read the Bible out loud. I like John 3:16-17, John 14:6, Colossians 2:15, Romans 8:26-39, Phillipians 2:9-11 and I like the book of Psalms.

4. Take a small bottle of olive oil and ask God to bless it. Anoint every door and window in your house. Make the sign of the cross. Say "I anoint this place in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

5.Command the demonic forces to leave your house in the name of Jesus. Philippians 2:9-11

6.Do steps 3,4, and 5 in every room.

7. Go to a door that leads to the outside and command the demonic spirits to leave in the name of Jesus, anoint that door.

8. Anoint or bless your house once a week for 1 or 2 months, then bless your house once a month for 6 months then bless your house once a year.

Also if you are Catholic you can use Holy Water instead of oil if you prefer.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
your case is also similar to mine. The sleep paralysis, the thing talking to you by mind, showing it's face in your mind. I had a growling demonic cat manifest on my bed immediately afterward.

1. They lie, so don't believe it that you will belong to it forever. The choice is yours, God gave it to you.

2.Calling on Jesus does work, it sometimes takes a while for the entity to give up. There are some that Jesus said required prayer and fasting to cast out.

3. Please remember your daughter (I have one also) and don't allow the thing to stay in your lives.
WandersintheDark (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
From my experiance, a vast majority of what we would call demons are extremely humanoid. No additional limbs, horns ect. Sharper teeth or even a tail I'll concede.

Lower entities, feeder beings, "shadowmen", and the little nastys that love to make you afraid arent demons. They are nearly animals, they follow their instincts and have little reasonings. Like mosquitos.

Their minds are alien to ours in intent, governed by their Exact requirements and rules, or simply too driven to care.

That being said, these lesser Entities (neither demon, angel, or spirit in the sense I view them) can be a nusance, they can be entertaining, or they can be a downright terror. Most of them feed on fear. But they're weak themselves.

If you have faith in a person, faith in God, or faith in a cross ect it will drive many of them away. Because your Mind makes it a weapon. You give it power because of Your convictions, your beliefs.

If you truly have faith your mother could protect you and invoke her name, these lower beings will flee the same. (though its difficult for most to have the same Sense of authority and faith as when calling upon the Heavenly Hosts).

Thats exactly why the cases you see of people invoking names is Temporary. Because it would be the same as throwing stones at animals attempting to raid your guarden. You only drive them away until Hunger calls them back.

They leave for good if you: A. Become that which they Cant prey on. B. Bind them to something so they can't escape. C. Exploiting their rules so they can't enter anymore or D. Defeat them.

All of those Can be done. (its rare that a so called "demonic attack" is Actually a demon. Some spirits simply lie to make you More afraid.) Some of these things can be done very simply as well.

I'd also like to simply state that a real demon Intending harm wouldn't just laugh and shake you up, and call it a night. They're martial, and through. (though some are so Badly malighed nowadays).

Anywho, that's my 2 cents. If it keeps bothering you (I bet its harder for it to scare you now that your older) I can post a few ways you can get rid of something like that. One of the Absolute easiest ways is to burn sweetgrass or sage and waft the smoke around the house in each room (carefully of course!). This is called Smudging and has been done for many hundreds of years as a personal cleansing as well as to boot the unsavory type of spirit/entity.

Cheers:)
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Hi. My brother a few years ago was lying awake in his bed at night. He just gotten into bed, it was dark except for the moonlight which was kind of bright. He was suddenly visited by a demon that he described exactly like the demon in your story. Black with red eyes, rams horns and he was tall and big. He was putting his face into his face shaking his head back and forth. My brother first yelled for my mom, nothing happened. But when he started to yell the name of Jesus, it vanished. My brother than felt a peace come over him. Ironically, my cousins wife was playing around with witchcraft back then and decided to experiment on my brother because him and my cousin were close and she didn't like that. She had issues. They are no longer married. Pinkroses.
portia311 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
I am not saying this is entirley what your going thru, but some of your episodes not involving him (being paralized, trying to scream but nothing will come out) sounds a lot like sleep paralasis. I suffer from it, and it is frightening. When I go to sleep at night some times I hear voices saying "kill her, just let the bi*ch die"...things like that. And I see green smoke. I am totally not asleep but my eyes won't open no matter how hard I try to open them, and it feels like they are rolling to the back of my skull! And my body will not move and I am struggling with all of my might to move or scream out someones name to help me. It will last forever it seems to me. And when it is over with my body is sore from trying to move, and my voice is almost gone. But I looked it up and it's supposedly sleep paralasis. If it isn't then I don't know what it is. But Don't be afraid. Your a child of God. ❤
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Its well documented about young girls around 13 having entities you describe attach themselves to the girls and cause havoc to there lives, I don't think this is a demon but a very nasty ghost. It feeds on your energy, and loves to scare you. The more you fear the more powerfull it becomes. So don't be scared, don't believe what it tells you. Be strong and stand up to it. Take care Jack ❤
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Sorry to tell you this, but if God isn't working the Devil, you may need to seek other help. God helps, but can only do so much and The Devil has found many ways to deal with god's light touch. You need to seek a Shaman from other cultures. Try Native American or Asian shamans. Both of their religion have always dealt with healing/ fighting off the Devil. Please try all other alternatives
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
I experience the same thing you do. Except mine are demons, they look like shadow humanoids, and sometimes have red eyes. They never speak to me, but they paralyze me in any position I am sleeping it. This usually happens late around midnight. It feels like a dream but it is not. This is a ethereal state, where your physical body is partially in the spiritual/astral world.

However I have to say... Yours is different. I say that because that is not a demon, but a Devil you are dealing with. This is more of a stronger demon, actually a Fallen Angel. They are more powerful, and can manifest more energy to do many things to their victims. That man in blue cloth you saw was Jesus, hallelujah. He was trying to tell you that you have a choice in Him or the Devil. The Devil does not want to completely let you go because he wants to try and turn you away from God and eventually posses you. However now that you have a stronger belief in God, the Devil's connection is weaker. You must keep praying and build a strong relationship with God. Pray for Saint Michael the ArchAngel to help you battle this mean as well. Or ask God to send Saint Michael.
God Bless
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Hi, thanks for sharing your story. A very familiar one to me. I have lived with my visitor since the age of 11. I get told to confront him and ask what he wants, to this day I cannot face him. He does appear less frquently but when he does, the atatcks are more violent each time.

I can only relay what I have been told, show no fear, or try not to, and confront him.

Please excuse me, but do you have any issues in your life that you are not happy with?

Surya
Www.sanskrit-yoga.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: