You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board, Sickness And Other Strange Things

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board, Sickness And Other Strange Things

 

I know this happened a long time ago, but it has always been on my mind and no one really believes me, so I thought it would be good to post it onto a ghost site were people can help me rest my mind.

I was about 8 at the time, we just moved house into this fairly new, large 2 storey house. I liked it at first but I could never get to sleep there. My sister, who was 14 at the time, got a Ouija board which she used one night with her friend. According to her the blinds had moved, a belt fell off her bed and our cat looked up at her stereo freaked out and tried to escape the room. I don't know if it was because of that happening, it put images in all of our heads but a few strange things happened.

First off, in my brother's room (which was next to my sister's) the TV would turn off by itself and his stereo would turn up by itself. One time the garage door opened by itself. One thing which has always stuck into my mind was when I was sleeping in my mums bed and she was downstairs, the TV was on and it was playing Sex and The City which got really loud and woke me up so I turned it down, I then heard foot steps along the hallway run towards the bed. (The bedroom had two wardrobes which faced each other in a small hallway from the entrance of the main bedroom, they where mirrored) the floor would always crack when someone walked on it, and it made that noise when I heard the footsteps. I told my mum about it but she says it was probably someone walking past the door but I know what I heard, it wasn't from the outside of the room.

During this time, my parents divorced and seeing I didn't like sleeping in my room alone I would stay in my mum's room all the time. I used to see what I thought was a hooded man but in the morning it was always just a fan, but at night it looked completely different. I think that one was just my imagination. Two of my friends who were neighbors said they went up to the front door to see if anyone was home and the house was black and they saw a quick flash go past the door.

My mum also got very sick during this time and a kind stray cat who made our house his home (we ended up keeping him he was so lovely) got hit by a car, but lived. It seemed as if it was bad luck.

My sister said she went and got the Ouija board 'blessed' last year and the psychic said it had a strong evil presence. I don't really know what to believe. It doesn't seem like much, but it has a made a huge impact on me and now I get these weird uneasy feelings in certain houses and I am very afraid of the dark (at 18, so it's pretty sad).

This house was in the Gold Coast area of Queensland, Australia. One of my neighbors still lives there and the current owners haven't seemed to have experienced anything, in fact they are renovating the house. So if it wasn't the house, what was it?

Nothing happened once we moved, I felt really safe at our new house. But this old house, it confuses me.

Any ideas?

Sorry for this being so long.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SquishyKitty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

doggz (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
My personal view is that never use or play with a ouija board, to me and from experience it is a portal for the spirits and entities. You can bless tha board all you like but every time you use it another spirit will come and occupy it, if at all that's possible, never heard of a board being haunted, just that its an apparatus to communicate with the spirits and entities, but that's my personal thought on it. What I mostly want to say about this story though is, maybe you have the ability to be a medium, everyone has a sixth sense of some sort. Could be precognition, telekinesis etc, or in your case communicating with spirits and entities (medium). I'd say find out what your ability is and learn how to use it, we all have gifts, find out yours... When your sister played with the ouija board back then, it may have opened the door to your gift... Just a thought anyhow...
TheDrawBack (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
I used to be afraid of the dark, too. What helped me was I got a night light and I kept it on for a year when ever I went to bed. Eventually I became embarassed when my friends came over, so I tossed it and replaced the night light with tones and tones of pillows. If you keep one pressed to your back at night, it makes you feel like you're not alone and that someone is there for you.
SquishyKitty (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
LOL at the thing about the cats. Lots of cats used to get attracted to my house, as in other cats in the street would run inside or be in my yard... I liked it of course being a cat lover. I still have the cat who was attracted to the house...

The spirit could have followed my sister. I recently moved into her old bedroom (she moved out of home) and now I have her black cat, he has become super attached to me but as soon as my sister is around he follows her everywhere. Nothing bad seems to happen to her:S My brother on the hand though... Hes been having a tough time...

It confuses me about the following thing too, every now and then something freaky happens to me and I get 'demonic' dreams, but that is just because I read up on this stuff too much:P

Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-22)
Hmmmm, what confuses me is that none of the spirits followed you, or if they did they did it quietly, and NEVER LET YOUR SISTER USE A OUIJA BOARD!

The Alone One.
ohitsjustademon (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
You Had a presence in the home and believe it or not cats are spiritual dusters they are attracted to haunted houses and people with spirits around them and they get into all the nooks and crannies and drive the spirits out.
SquishyKitty (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-14)
Thanks for the comments. I know it isn't a toy, I wasn't the one who used it, it was my sister. I try to stop anyone who chooses to use them... I have many, many times, or I just leave.

Anyway, the estate was built on old farm lands. Nothing happened after we moved and the board wasn't blessed until 8 or 9 years later (my maths is probably bad).

I don't really know what else to write so I'll end this comment here:D
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
I would recommend you spend some time searching this site and others and listen to some other users who are saying that the Ouija board is not a toy. There are plenty of users who strongly recommend NOT to ever use one. It is an invitation to other spirits to feel free to enter your home and your life and basically terrorize you at their convenience.

Oh, there are plenty of others who can tell you how to get rid of them. Personally, I rely on my faith, in God.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
I just wanted to say that I am 25 years old mother and I am still terrified of the dark! Unfortunately, it's something that I don't think I'll ever grow out of. You're not alone my dear! 😉
carys (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
i don't think your sister closed the boerd appropriatley... My uncle did a similiar thing but he stills suffers as the spiirt still hasn't passed... And you still feel weird in certain houses as now you have expeirienced it you notice it more... But it was always there!
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
I am guessing that before the ouija board was blessed, it was already 'occupied' by a ghost, when the ouija board was blessed it upset the ghost. Poor ghost...

He/she may have also been connected the house for a particular reason, perhaps try to find the history of your old house.

The Alone One.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: