You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Phone Call

Real Ghost Stories

Phone Call

 

It was about 3pm in the afternoon in the year 1976. I was waiting for some friends to pick me when I decided I would just call my friend Myla to ask why they were late. As I picked up the phone to call, there was no dial tone so I decided to say hello since during the 70's we had what you would call party lines. They were illegally connected to other people phone lines. But what I got was a friendly greeting from a friend named George.

He was interested in Myla but Myla already had a boyfriend. He started by asking me to tell Myla he loved her very much and was also sorry for making trouble for her and her boyfriend and that he would leave them alone. He said take care of her. Then I went on telling him that it is best to leave them alone since she was very much involved with her boyfriend. I told him maybe it's best to tell her himself and apologize to both Myla and her boyfriend. I was waiting for a reply but I thought he had hung up on me since he did not reply.

I decided to call Myla and tell her what happened and that I was angry because he was rude to hang up on me. She asked me if I was joking, I said NO I just talked to him. Then she said that is impossible his brother just called and told us he died last night at 11.

Other hauntings by nocturnalbeauty22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nocturnalbeauty22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nocturnalbeauty22 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
I was waiting for my friends because they were late. Then I answered the phone call from George. And when I called Myla to ask where they were cause they were late She was told that that was impossible because she had JUST got a call from Georges brother that he had passed the night before at 11. Thank you Ariel for you comment
nocturnalbeauty22 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Ariel Myla did not know he died until that same afternoon I was waiting for them to pick me up. When I picked up the phone to call Myla when I got George instead on the other end. Then I called Myla to tell her what happened and that is when she said she just got a call from George's brother that he passed away the night before at 11p.m. So all this happened in a matter of minutes apart from each others call. Hope this sheds some light.
Ghostbuscus (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-17)
So sad 😢 😢 I feel sorry for George... I'm sure that he truly loves Myla that he decided to call you to tell Myla that he loves her.
Cal_Coopz (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Hey

I'm collecting these cases, could you please send me an email to contact [at] calcooper.com or message me through my website www.calcooper.com thank you so much. An interesting case!

Cal
lalaghost (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
at Ariel ifyou were paying attention she was waiting forher friends because they were late. Then she answered the phone to George. And when she called Myla. She was told that that was impossible because she had JUST got a call from Georges brother that he had passed the nigth before at 11. 😁
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
The exact (sorta) thing happened with my grandfather. He was in a tent (I forget the circumstance, maybe fighting in the war) when his brother-in-law came and poked his head in. He said "[somewhat along the lines of] Hey, could you please take care of [my grandmother. (No, MY grandmother, (his siter, [my grandfather's wife])) ] for me?" And my grandfather said "[along the lines of] Sure." He left.
My grandfather: "Oh wait. He's dead."

Yes, I tried to make that confusing.
Ariel (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
Is this true? I am sorry for your loss. But wouldn't Myla tell you he died anyway? If it had been the night before, surely you would've been informed! I'm not in the least sceptical but maybe doubtful... Sorry; but I'm only thinking logically here. Yet again sorry for the loss of a friend.
Stay safe ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: