You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandma Has A Ghost In Her House?

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma Has A Ghost In Her House?

 

This story takes place in the capital of Lithuania, Vilnius. When I was 5 years old my great grandma died (she was my grandma's mother). After her death, I started being terribly afraid of the dark. Sometimes my dolls, they looked as if they were turning their heads at me and watching me as I was sleeping, (this usually happened at bed time), if I looked at the curtains, they would be moving although we had new windows which you could lock and there was no draft in the house.

Once when I was sleeping, I felt something grab my toe and pull it, I quickly hid my leg under my covers and then nothing happened. I used to also have these dreams, that I was standing on chairs that I had in my room, and I would jump off them, but I wouldn't just drop on the floor, I would keep falling and having the "butterflies in my belly" feeling. I would usually wake up at around 6 or 7am and try to wake my mum up to make me breakfast.

Once I was sitting near the radiator, and knocking on it, then I found it fun hearing the sound go off through the pipes, and then after I knocked around 6 times, there was a loud knock back, although I didn't do anything. Also once I was watching cartoons with my grandma, and we heard a loud bang from the kitchen, we quickly rushed there and found the chocolate bars my grandma bought us in the morning, lying all over the floor, sadly we only found 2 although there was supposed to be around 6...At the time we had a cat but when we heard the bang she was in the living room with us all the time so it obviously could not be her.

After my mum, aunt and uncle went to work in the United Kingdom; my cousin moved in and took my room, so I then used to sleep with my grandma. My cousin never mentioned anything being wrong with the room, so I started thinking that I was just imagining things.

In summer of 2009, I was visiting Lithuania, and yes my grandma and cousin still live there, me and my cousin were watching a few horror movies, when we realized we should go to bed, I turned on the lights, they started flickering for around 5 and a half seconds, I obviously freaked out after watching those movies but then it was all normal.

Now when I was around 12 years old I moved to UK, my sister was already there, and so I lived with her and my mum, (and our new cat:]).We had this really nice neighbour who would always wait for me after school to make sure I'm safe.

My mum told me this:

The neighbour greeted my mum with a friendly hug and said something is wrong with the house we all live in, (we lived in a flat, so it's like a 3 floor house, with 1 room for each person,). He said late at night he was awaken by very loud bangs on the door, he quickly rushed to open it but when he did nobody was there, (Some of you might think that it could have been a person pranking him, but you can't take a step without making a noise on the floor, the floor would make a loud squeak noise, so there's no way anybody could have gotten away without being heard.). He said he believes it might have been a ghost. After me and my sister heard it, we both obviously freaked out, but my mum said not to because even if it is a ghost it only haunts the second floor.

Now we've moved to Wales, Cardiff. Our new house seems perfect, no hauntings no nothing. Just in my room I can sometimes feel a bit of cold wind around me but I guess its cause the old windows are a bit broken.

Questions:

Could it be my great grandma haunting the house?

If it is, why would she want to frighten us or is it some kind of a sign?

Is it even a ghost or is just my imagination?

Please reply if you can.

Oh and by the way, I might be visiting Lithuania this summer again, so if anything interesting happens I'll totally do an update guys.

Thank you for reading! (I did not tell my parents or any other family members because I was afraid they'd think I am crazy.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KittyKatPop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WelshmanTrezise (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
Wales is very haunted, one of the most in the world, I have had similar experiences when I was a wee lad, even now I still experiences things, things I fell followed me to America... 😐
KittyKatPop (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
oops sorry:D I mean blackrose1985!:D.
Sorry:x mixed up the comments ^_^.
KittyKatPop (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Hello everyone:D. Sorry that I never posted anymore updates:/ A lot of things have changed around here and I might just write another story:). I didn't really recieve any comments at first so I kind of left the story alone and the website itself.;D. Thank you a lot for commenting and helping me out. I'm just very curious.
Ambercrystal:I know about those;) I had a shelf fly across the room once and my mum said it might have been it...:D Thank you:) I might just use your advice for that:D.
Bandet888:We lived in an apartament as in lithuania there are usually large buildings with many apartaments, the radiator could not be turned on (this was a long time ago so yeah... XD) because there are certain people who control when to turn on the heat and when not to, so for example autumn, spring and summer the heat is off and at winter they turn on the heating. It was spring ^_^.
Faraaz:Ive heard about dopplegangers but still don't know too much about them. They seem pretty cool to me:D.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
You mentioned when you knocked on the radiator it made a banging sound itself. Was the radiator on? Did you know that sometimes when old radiators are on they can sometimes make banging noises due to expansion and contraction? When I was in high school the school had the old radiators and when they were on they would make banging noises. I thought someone was hitting the pipes. Also in the Amityville Horror Ronald Defao (The guy that murdered his family before the Lutzes moved in) claimed he used to hear banging noises on pipes in the house and Kathy Lutz in an interview on History mysteries mentioned she heard banging noises and that house has the old fashioned radiators! I bet that was it! I don't know about the rest of the hauntings though. Also the flickering lights could have been a faulty connection.
ambercrystal (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
hi I'm from lithuania as well (though I'm from Kaunas) and I live in england I don't know what its called in english but it might be "bildukas" that haunted your neighboor but its strage cause they usualy haunt houses. I don't know what it was in the toilet but you totally research about similar situations. If you'd feel any negative presence in your room just put an onion quarter in each corner of your room overnight. Next day wearing rubber gloves chop them up and bury them. Do that between three and seven days in a row. Good luck
Blackrose1985 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
sounds as if it could be a doppleganger. Really freaky buggers they are.:)
Faraaz (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
Hey, this update totally FREAKED me out. Please, keep updating.
KittyKatPop (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
Update
Today I got back from the shops, and my mum asked me why didn't flush the toilet... I of course got a little bit confused cause I just got back and didn't have time to do anything... Then I told her that I wasn't in the toilet... And my sister said "Yes you were... She said "when I was opening the door it was locked and somebody from inside said to wait..." I'm completely freaked out right now...
We have a radio in the bathroom so it might have been it...
But I'm still a bit confused... Doors locked and then suddenly unlocked? I don't know what to think 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: