You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Upstairs Pirate

Real Ghost Stories

Upstairs Pirate

 

I was 14 years old at the time of my first sighting/encounter of Ghosts. My father and stepmother had just purchased this old farm house outside the town of Ford right next to the river Arun in Sussex England. It had a lot of land with it, including river rights. Being the oldest boy with two brothers and three sisters to look after I was always the baby sitter when my parents went out. It was on one of those nights just after putting my brothers and sisters to bed that I could sense that I was being watched. I grabbed the poker, and after stoking the fire in the living room, I started checking all the rooms still holding the poker in my hand. After not finding anything or anyone, I calmed myself down, put the poker back by the fireplace and decided to go to bed.

Coming out of the living room I grabbed a hold of the banister and started making my way upstairs to my room. Climbing the stairs I looked up and then froze on the spot, there at the top was a transparent figure of a man dressed in pirates clothes looking right down at me. I could see right through him, as there was a picture on the wall behind him that was still visible. He was clean shaven and wore a bandana on his head a sword on his side, in his right hand was a wine goblet that he would drink from. He just stood there looking at me and then he smiled, his mouth was moving as if he was speaking to me but I could not hear him. He raised his goblet as if in toasting to me and drank from it. He then turned around and vanished through the wall.

When I told my dad of what I saw he just laughed and said that he also had a visit from him and that it wont be the last. He then went on to explain that the farm house we moved into use to be a favorite place for pirates to hide out in many years ago and still do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
Yes, try to talk to him, use a recorder or one of those white noise machines. You could write a novel about him. If he wants you to do so.
Phenonw
CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
That sounds like a great beginning to a terrific story. Maybe the ghost wants you to know his story and to write it down or possibly to give you the location of his treasure. Either way, I bet you could use it and write the next great novel.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Were there a lot of pirates on the river Arun in there time? I imagine there may have been. I wonder if your Dad, who saw the same pirate, saw the same scene as you? Was he the only pirate that you saw there? Thank you for this story.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
Thanks for sharing this story. I enjoyed reading it I thought it was interesting.
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
were you scared ? Id it happened to me I think I might laugh have you had anything else happen?
Stephanie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-22)
Hmmm....maybe One-Eyed Willy? haha It is weird that we cannot hear them. I wonder if they are re-enacting a "scene" from their previous life or if they are actually trying to speak to us? Interesting!
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-13)
Interesting Story! Did you ever find any buried treasure, around the house ; )

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: