You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Car

Real Ghost Stories

The Car

 

When I was only eight years old, I saw my first ghost. I lived in a city in southern Ohio. Across the alley from the back of our house was an old shed. It seemed to be used for storage of the abandoned old house in front of it. Curious children wanted to know what was in there. My sister, two years older than I, and a neighbor boy of about the same age, and myself decided to check out the contents of this shed. We had entered it several times. Nosing through old boxes of books and dishes. Just normal storage stuff, other than the small bed in the corner which had linens and blankets. Also there was an old car with step sides and a wind shield that cranked out. We thought it strange that sometimes the bed would be made neatly and other times it would be as though someone had slept there. We thought maybe someone else was sneaking in here also.

Then the day came when my sister and I decided to step up on the side step of the car and look in. There in the back seat, we both saw a lady lying across the entire seat. Quickly we got down from the step side. We hesitated but did peak one more time to see if the lady was still there. She was not. We told our mother and she replied "it's only your imagination". I've never been convinced of that since my sister and I both saw this at the same time.

Twenty years later, I ask my sister if she remembered the car in the building, and she replied "yes and the lady in it".

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Wow! That is really creepy. 😨 It's actually uncommon for someone to see a full bodied apparition. Thanks for sharing.

SHELBY 😊
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Always nice to have someone else with you that saw the same thing. Nice story.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-02)
Chilling. Well set-up story. I especially liked your last comment on the corraboration from your sister.

Thanks much.
Barb (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
Cool sis, now, you are offically a published writer. I'm so proud of you!
lindsay (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-22)
wow that is really trippy. But its neat that you and your sis both remember that day!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: