You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: From Age 4 With Shaking Chandeliers, To 17 With Growls

Real Ghost Stories

From Age 4 With Shaking Chandeliers, To 17 With Growls

 

I was born in California, and we had a two story house. With the stairs, you walked up a set of stairs and there was a landing; like with most staircases. Above that landing was a chandelier. Sometimes, I would be up really late watching TV and stuff, and I'd have to go to my bedroom upstairs. That chandelier was always on really dim at night, so it looked pretty scary in general. It looked so scary that it gave me constant nightmares (No, this story isn't about my dreams).

Basically, it was the chandelier yelling at me, nothing else. Just yelling at me and making me cry like the baby I was. There was always a point where it was start swaying, and that's when I would wake up. I had these dreams like 3 times a week at the very least. Pretty much every other night. One night it was a bit more intense. I got really scared, and I woke up. I didn't wake up in my bed, I woke up on my stairs. That chandelier was swaying like crazy. I got so scared and started screaming extremely loud. My parents came out, and the swaying settled down, a lot. I was crying and of course, my parents were always convinced that it was just a dream, and would tell me to go back to bed. And so I did.

One night, it happened again. I didn't scream, I just cried. Eventually, it completely stopped doing it. I didn't move a muscle, I just laid there until morning. I didn't go back to sleep or anything.

Eventually, my mom told me that she had seen it sway the night that I was screaming, but she didn't want me to be frightened. Neither one of us know what could have caused it, besides some sort of paranormal creature.

Later on in life, when I was about 6 or 7 years old, I experienced something abnormal once again. There was a day where I had a baby sitter. She and I were just watching TV in my computer room, which was upstairs. I was hungry, so I went downstairs, and I went into my kitchen. I went to the fridge to get something to eat or drink, and I heard something. I turned around and our rocking chair was rocking furiously; it was as if someone was in it. I just stood there for like 20 seconds and just ran back up the stairs. I was frightened.

Both of those pretty much scarred my life in a way. Like I still have dreams about that chandelier. The chair wasn't as bad, but I was still scared.

Recently, it seemed to have started up again. Not the same way of course. Lately, I have been hearing strange things. At day, night, whenever. Strange thing is, I don't live in the same house.

About two or three months ago, I was sitting on my computer, surfing the web. It was about 11:00 PM and everyone else was asleep. Out of nowhere, something in the kitchen crashed. It sounded like multiple pots fell, and I could have sworn I heard one of the cupboards shut. It took me by complete surprise, and it scared me enough that I walked into my kitchen with an unloaded pistol (if someone was there, it would have probably intimidated them). I walked in, and nothing was wrong. This gave me goose bumps. Everything was normal except for one thing. All of the lights in the kitchen and family room where on. I knew that they were off before, because I always turn them off before I come to the computer room. So I turned them all off, and went back. I just went back to the computer room, and continued whatever I was doing. I felt weird about what just happened, kind of nervous I guess you could say. So I came back out about an hour, and I turned on the lights, and went to the family room. I laid down, and I closed my eyes. I had the TV on, and it was on low volume. So I closed my eyes to go to sleep. All of a sudden, I felt lighter, and I thought I heard something kind of. I just ignored it. After about a minute, I opened my eyes because I saw light through my eyelids. We have two sets of lights, one on a chandelier and two dim ones by the wall. Those two dim ones turned on. I wasn't scared really, I was just kind of shocked. Yet again, I couldn't think of it being anything else beside some type of paranormal creature.

Now even more recently, like 6 or 7 weeks ago, me and my friends got into ghost hunting. I didn't take it that seriously, even though I was somewhat convinced we had something around us. My friend had his phone, and it had a camera on it and had lights. So he turned it on and pointed into my guest bedroom. It was really clear, nothing out of the ordinary. Out of nowhere, there was a bunch of orb looking objects that just went straight up, and a few went to the sides. They were traveling fast as well. Scared us half to death, and we got out of that room.

A few hours later, my one friend put his voice recorder in the room. We kept it in there for about 30 minutes. We didn't listen to it right after we took it out, but we did the next day. It starts out with the sound of us positioning the recorded. All you hear is the recorder being turned and sliding. Then about 10 to 20 seconds in, you can hear us leaving, and the door close. About 5 to 10 seconds after we leave, you hear everything change. The air is completely different. Then there is a growling like sound. It sounds almost as if it is breathing, and you can hear it taking short, hard breaths. It goes on for about 10 seconds, and then it just leaves, and the air goes back to normal. The rest of the tape, as far as I know, is just blank noise.

This is what convinced me that I had something going on in my house.

For the most part, that is it. Some other stuff has happened, but it's not that major and could be something else causing it. I still get goose bumps. talking about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shooey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

0258585 (8 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Hy Shooey,
I'd like to hear your original recording (in original length, and original quality) to analyse it. If you know how to digitalize (feed it into the computer and save it as anything.mp3) what you have recorded, then after you're done with it please upload it to zippyshare and post the link.

If you don't, than I tell you a way. I suppose the recorder is an analogue one, because of the mentioning of the "sliding" sound. You need then a cable that has a jack at both ends, you know the little round plug that goes into almost every sound playing device and connects speakers or headphones. You need a software that can record sound or capture sound from device without limits (only with the storage limits of your hard drive), and from the "line in" channel of your soundcard (it's a blueish input near the one from which the pc's sound comes out). Soundforge should do the best (the free version). You connect the dictaphone via the cable (you had to buy if you didn't have any-its cheap) to the line-in, start playing, and if you turn of muting on the line-in in the volume control, you may hear your capture in the speakers of your pc. Now I let you to figure out how to record it with Soundforge or any other software you can get, because I got tired of typing...

Good luck!
Shooey (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
Thanks for all the comments. I haven't really had much of anything besides what I posted originally. I have smelt some weird things, and maybe some burning. I can't recall. I can usually get some sign of it if I truly search for it, but I leave it alone for the most part. Besides that, I do get strange feelings randomly, without thinking about it. Almost as if there is a presence.
ZiShu (281 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Do you ever smell anything burning from an unknown source?
Regardless of what demon this is, it must be rid of. Demons can either reside at a certain attached place, or can follow you around.
Best way is to get a priest to battle this demon.
ParanormalSpectrum (3 stories) (26 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Well, right now I can't see the picture or video or whatever it is. I'll check it out when I get home. I'd think maybe you should check out some demonologists and get a psychic in your home. Best of luck and I'll get back to you about the proof you posted.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Oh my goodness, that is so creepy. It gave me goosebumps! 😨 Whatever that growl came from it didn't sound human. These occurances might not have anything to do with the houses you live in. There could be something attached to you. I'm not a professional or claiming to know exactly what it is I am just going to tell you what I would do if I was in your position. Taking into consideration what has happened from childhood until the present I would contact a demonologist and reiterate to them each event. I am hoping that whatever it is can be taken care of with minimal effort. That evp just doesn't sit well with me. Thank you for sharing your story and keep us posted of any further happenings. Take care 😊
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Hiya Shooey,
I too suffer from night terrors. I can totally relate to the fright you must have experienced!
I think that when you change the location you were when you went to sleep to when you wake up (in my opinion) I think the curious side of us wants to go and see what is going on our dream (what you see) is actually going on in real life... In your case it was.
Im glad your mum addmitted to you that she saw that. Atleast she didn't let you think that it was only you.
In my opinion I think you should get rid of this spirit... If it is frightening you.
I think you should tell it to leave

xXelliemayXx ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: