You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hooded Figure In My Doorway, My Brother Calls A Watcher

Real Ghost Stories

Hooded Figure In My Doorway, My Brother Calls A Watcher

 

I'm from what you call a psychic or gifted family. My gift is I am a very sensitive empathy. Lately more and more unexplainable things have been happening. I've been seeing a figure just standing in my doorway. It stands about 7ft tall and is in a thick charcoal gray robe. I couldn't see its face. When I opened myself up to get a good feel of it I felt nothing but the stillness of the room. I started to get scared because I knew this was out of the norm even for my family. I told my Dad about it the next day and he told me my youngest brother who is 9 have been seeing the same thing, and he calls the 7ft figure a Watcher. I'm only telling this story because I will like to know more about it.

This thing is something that cannot be born or was never born. I want to know what its purpose is and why is it always in my doorway. I can feel the emotions of the dead and the living and can sometimes catch and thought or get a picture of what people are pondering, however this is out of my element. It's starting to show up more and more, and I'm failing to communicate with it. I'm still new with accepting what I am and I have everything being thrown at me all at once. It doesn't feel like death. It's just blank.

My question is should I be concerned?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lduff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hypoeddy (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-08)
I got clean from heroin using Ibogaine. After it wore off I saw a translucent face smiling at me. Years later I found someone else who had an identical experience with the face. The drug had wore off and it wasn't an effect of the drug. Once I got home I had a dream of a short hooded being at the foot of the futon where I slept. Where it stood was an armrest that opened. It told me it was leaving heroin for me. The next day my girlfriend found a bag in that armrest. I carried with me for 3 months because of how strange it was, I hadn't left it there. I eventually used it and immediately got clean and was clean 8 years. I'm looking for info about these "watchers". The sense I get from all of this is they're not good, but the translucent face thing was. I can't not believe that there's truth to all this because of how very meaningful each one I saw was at a pivotal time in my life. I really want to learn more
voulidur (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-10)
I think a lot of people here might not agree with what I'm about to say, but all the more reason to say it as an alternative point of view to consider.

I think there is a lot of confusion as to what "darkness" really is. A case can be made that one form of darkness can be understood as blockage or ignorance of the Divine Light.

But I think there is another type of Darkness, which is actually another form of Divine Light. One can call it Dark Light or Black Light. If White Light is a medium of Being, or becoming, then Dark Light would be a medium of Unbeing or unbecoming. Life and Death we may call it, but Death sounds so gruesome.

I believe a lot of these dark entities, like the big hooded guys are actually the opposite of white-robed angelic beings, just like some "shadow beings" might be the opposite of "light beings". When I say opposite I don't mean "in conflict". What I mean is the mirror aspect of the same.

The reason why a lot of people fear dark entities, be they well-meaning and benevolent or antagonistic towards humans for whatever reason is because of our EGO, which fears dissolution. It fears Nothingness. Hence all the struggles we have with darkness in our minds, as well as hellish experiences of darkness in NDE accounts.

And YES there ARE positive NDE accounts of the Black Light, in which a person might experience it as loving, soothing, warm and peaceful. Others feel like the darkness is eating them alive. The difference? Again, the EGO.
Children more often experience positive darkness experiences in NDE cases, small children, probably because of their weaker ego and lack of cultural conditioning. Some call this darkness the VOID.

My take on it is, that when one resists this Dark Light and clings to the illusion of the ego ego, fearing dissolution in Nothingness, one tends to have very disturbing experiences with darkness.

What do I keep talking about the Void and Dark Light? Because I think this is the FACE of these hooded entities. They have no face, it's just the VOID inside the hood. As such they might be messengers of the Void, and the message is? I am not a person, I am nothingness, and so are you, you just don't realize it. Just like messengers of Light have a message: I am Light and so are you. But both of these messages speak of the same, that Deity IS, and we are illusions. The Darkness teaches through devouring your ego, while the Light teaches by gradually showing you larger and larger aspects of your Being, until you finally realize that you are the Absolute implying that the smaller you was an illusion. Both sides do the same thing eventually. Deity is beyond both paths. I think this is why you feel NOTHING from it, because that's the whole point. They remind us that all things are illusory and non-existent in some way.

If your soul is in tune with this Dark Light (and I must stress that this has nothing to do with evil... Consider the Dark Light to be very loving, and so should we be), maybe this guy is your, or your brother's guardian angel.

One other thing these guys seem to do is be present when someone is about to die. That's probably because, as messengers of the Void, they are catalysts of unbecoming.

Either way, fear is of no help. Trust God (which is beyond Light and Dark and works through all things for your bennefit).
Cinnamon (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Thank goodness I am not the only one who has been 'visited' by a gray hooded being, but I had two standing side-by-side and were no more than 5ft tall, like yours they both had no faces just complete blackness in its place. I heard them talking in my subconscious-words of harm in a foreign language that somehow I could understand. Never have I been so terrified in my life! I have posted my experience titled 'Grey Hooded Men By My Bed'- Adelaide Australia.
Arsenius3672108 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
My brother told me this story about his grandparents house. He says that some nights in a certain room in the basement he would "astral project." He said that he would see himself outside of his body and a small little blackish humanoid thing would be over his face, about 2 feet tall maybe smaller. He described that he could see the fear on his own face when outside of his body. He claims that this happened numererous times. To the extent that he began to sense when it would happen and refrain from going to sleep. I believe him, as I had a terrifing experience in the same basement. Long story short. Something made a vicious growl at me from the darkness of the bathroom 3 times. Seriously freaked me out 😲, ther is also a creepy narrow crawl space in the bathroom where this thing is supposed to live. Just wanted to add because I heard someone say shadow people arent hostile, some are very hostile. Or at the least very disgruntled and or lost.
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
I have a very good picture of the hooded figure that a person I know took with his IPOD. I don't know the best way to post it.
spiritmind (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
Whew... I thought I was going crazy - nice to see others have this also. I will be in my room and see a tall, dark "figure" out of the corner of my eye--- it has been around a lot lately. When I turn to look at it, it goes away - but when I turn away, it's back.
I lost my husband 5 years ago and a very close loved friend 10 weeks ago; I feel them and have asked to "see" them -- but usually it's a white flash or a starlike ball in the air I see (always white). So I get scared when I see dark in the doorway.
chelsiemayk88 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
It will communicate with you telepathically, in your mind all you have to do is listen probably sound like ringing in your ears at first. I think they are protectors/higher beings from divine light masters.
bjtc1 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
I recently posted my story "Small Red and Hooded". Unlike your tall hooded figure mine was small and had a red cloak. I am happy others have had similar experiences. I don't consider myself spritual but at least I know I am not crazy.
Blackrobedspiral1 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
I had the same experience and am happy to find other people that also saw the same thing... A black robed being.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Lduff:
Thanks for sharing your story. I have never heard the expression "watcher" before. I am however familiar with "shadow people". Shadow people are watchers of sort and do not intend any harm. I think that insightful people can feel them right away. Have you ever tried speaking to this watcher? Have you ever asked it what it wants?
blytle (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I feel like your father and/or brother are right in calling it a watcher, I've had experiences with roughly the same thing. I feel like it is not menacing, it's just there, much like WE are just here, no divine purpose. Just let it be, and if it becomes menacing, post a reply, we will comfort/give you advice.
Bilz (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
i have seen the same thing but short black and no face with a hood. Stood in the door way watching me sleep. I will post my story soon.
roverboy (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
It's funny because I just commented on someone else's story very similar to yours. I didn't realize until the past year how many people actually shared this experience. Seeing these 'hooded figures' seems to be quite common apparently.

As I mentioned in my other post, when I was a child, around six or seven, I remember waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a large (7/8 ft.) hooded shadow figure standing next to my bed. At first I thought I was just imagining things, as we've be taught to believe by our parents, however I realized that was not that case as I could not see my wall clock behind it. Additionally, the figure I saw had an almost skeleton-like face with dark ominous eyes. Scared to death and unable to yell for my parents I hid under my covers, only to peer out moments later and see the figure almost floating toward me. It was several seconds before my voice started to return enough for me to call for help. I have never seen the figure again and I'm now 23.

It seems like you and I share a common experience then. According to a native woman that I've spoken with several times now, these shadow figures are merely our spirit guides and should not be feared. This would make sense since there are so many people who see them on a regular basis. The native lady I met is also gifted and specializes in channeling, and she was able to communicate with mine. Because of her I now his name and where he's from. There's a lot of fake psychics out there and for that we have to be skeptical, but Nora blew my mind. Everyone of her channelings has been accurate, for me and people I know.

Anyway, like you, certain members of my family are gifted and I've been having some unusual experiences lately so if you ever want to chat and share stories feel free to email me ryan_b [at] mac.com
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-24)
Try packing a laser pointer. If anything else the coherent photons should give it a hot foot.
Sennacherib (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
From my experience with "shadow" people, they are harmless. I feel like there's not really anything to be afraid of, but sometimes you can't help it. 😨
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
My first answer is no, if it just watches it is possible it is waiting for something or just observing...

It sounds like a Shadow to me; they are thought to be be non human spiritual entities, some call them demons but I think this is facile for they are not evil. They are simply other. Have you ever felt unexplicable fear when it is around? They tend to emanate fear due to their inhuman nature but I sense no evil from them... Look up my story "Shadow Stalkers and Shadow Watcher" for more info on my experiences, see if they match yours at all?

Try watching it back and not feeling fear, study it as it studies you; as my Gran told me "look it in the eyes it doesn't have"...they seem to be curious of us, let it know you see it and then try to stay calm, see what happens...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: