You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Bang On The Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Bang On The Door

 

I haven't written a story in a while but one that came to my mind while I was looking at the site again was the time when I was living in the guest house at my ex-husband's aunt's house. Spooky things always seem to happen to me while I am in a very depressed state.

During this time, I was severely depressed due to a few of life's unfortunate incidents but one day, I was sleeping in the bed near my ex-husband and my son. (Who was little bit less than a year old I believe) At this moment, between I think 2-3am. (That's the time I saw on the clock when I woke up) I was having a dream where I could feel more rather than see... This very EVIL force coming fast directly at our house that we were being housed in. Rushing through the gate (as there is a gate that separates the house from the outside) and it then comes very fast against the door! I could visually see this form that was similar to a hand (as if you looked at your own hand from your own perspective) reaching out towards the door. At that moment, between being asleep and being jolted awake I heard this huge banging on the door! I would have just thought... It was a dream and I imagined it but not only did it wake me up. My son started screaming and wailing also. I really believe that something was "really" there because it woke both my son and I up in the middle of the night... It didn't wake up my ex-husband though.

It still is slightly chilling to remember how this force felt like in the dream. It was a very strong feeling of malice and violence... Though where it was being directed from or who I am not sure... It felt more like feelings... Then a presence. I tried to wake up my ex at the time to go see what it was but he didn't want to go look. I was too scared to get out of bed and I laid there awake until 4-5 am when the sun was starting to come up as every little, normal sound that occurred wouldn't let me go to rest.

I was so scared from that moment onwards of being alone in the house at night after that for a long time.

Other hauntings by Lavenders

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lavenders, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KirkoBezerko (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
"Spooky things always seem to happen to me while I am in a very depressed state."

Spirits are attracted to that
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
It might have been for your husband. Good thing no one answered.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: