You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Daughter's Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter's Experiences

 

My 16 year old daughter has experienced ghosts for some time now. The experiences have been with rather substantial beings, and generally she hasn't been freaked out by them. Most of them have been relatives that have passed. My mom who like my daughter was a dancer.

This past summer though, the experiences have escalated in number and she's a bit freaked by it. While on a trip to the lake, she saw two people in a field arguing and was about to alert the people she was staying with, when she realized no one else in the group saw or heard them. She has seen various spirits on her day job at the beach, including children. Recently, when she was home from school, she saw someone come through our living room and walk into the kitchen towards the fridge, which unsettled her for a few minutes. Interestingly enough, there has been some odd activity in our house the last month, mainly turning off and on water and some odd footsteps. I don't sense anything sinister myself at the present time, and I haven't seen anything myself.

I've always felt that seeing was a pretty cool gift to have but she's having second thoughts. As I've mentioned before, most of people in my family and some in my husband's family have had experiences to some degree or another.

Any advice or opinions on her reactions?

Other hauntings by CA_NJGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CA_NJGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Hello CA_NJGirl,
My name is Elle and I'm 18 years of age.
I too like your daughter has seen ghosts froma small age.
I have several stories on here if you want to read?
The one most important thing that she should do is (like carys said) never show fear. Be comfident and if she ever feels threatened. Banish it or tell it to leave straight away!
I think it is wonderful that you are supporting her. Mum mum thinks I'm nuts.
I have this secret so to speak all to myslef.
I hope your dughter does well with her school work 😉
carys (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
oh yes I know that feeling to I am graduating in 8 days. So I completly understand wish her the best of luck:)
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Thanks for the kind words. She's been under a decent amount of work load at school so that may be attributing to it as well.
carys (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Hello you commented my story, I am 17 years old and have expeirenced a lot of things that I'm now used to talking to people who no-one else can see. My advice to your daughter is not to be afraid as bad spirtis feed from fear. I have only had one bad expeience and I got hurt, and I was completly freaked! I normaly talk to the spirits I see somtimes they talk back sometimes they don't but its worth a try. Just tell your daughter to stay clam even in a bad situation with spirits like being pinned down etc... The calmer you stay the more in control you are. I have learnt this and when I'm in a bad mood I see a lot more but I still control my fear when I see bad things.

Hope she handles it all well ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: