You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis And Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis And Spirits

 

So, this being my first post. I have to include some minor back story about myself mostly regarding SP and Spirits. When I was younger, I would experience sleep paralysis, quite often. 99 percent of the time it was inconsequential. However, Once I woke up, on my back which is strange for me paralyzed. Around me and coming from the foot of the bed was a dark shadow. There was a hum in the room, a kind of sound that made the experience seem pulled away from reality - if that makes sense. I laid, quite frightened, unable to movie as it watched me. I closed my eyes tight and began praying my a**e off. I was able to move shortly after and my room felt normal, it was as if I came back from somewhere and the place before wasn't my room at all. It took a while to go back to sleep but I did.

Some side info - My grandfather is a preacher. I greatly admired him in my youth and I remember one of the first things I wanted to be when I grew up was an Arch Angel. I guess I had a hero complex common among young men. All I knew was I wanted to go to heaven, but still kick butt ha-ha. My faith wavered in my teen years, but now I'm back on. Not really playing for a team so much though. What I'd like to get across is, that I wanted a chance to battle these things, foolishly I might add.

Fast forward a few years. Spring 2009 - I was visiting a friend in Memphis, Tennessee. As we were going to bed, she was telling me that her house was haunted. She seemed to be scaring herself as she said this. Too which I was a little amused. I didn't consider my previous experiences hauntings I think because I was paralyzed so I was anxious to experience something richer I suppose. No such luck. I was sleeping on the floor she on the bed. In the middle of the night, I was awoken in SP. There was breathing in the ear that was not against the cushion. This breathing wasn't human. It sounded like an animal. I was facing underneath the bed and could not turn to see... Duh... But the picture my mind painted as the source was a black wolf/dog-like snout. The sound was a throaty snarl. My initial reaction was fear then it was replaced by excitement, like something you've been waiting for. I felt like I set a trap and it walked in it. I closed my eyes and let it do what it wanted. As I did, I felt like I was wrestling something in my head. Like battling your conscience x10, but it was fun, in a way, because I knew I had the upper hand for some reason. Eventually it subsided and I went back to sleep. - I hesitated to tell that part, because in retrospect I feel like I acted very foolishly in showing a complete lack of respect, and even more foolishly trying to fight it. But that's how it happened and I can't tell it any other way.

Flash forward to the end of summer 09- Virginia- I was falling asleep in the house am currently living in and I felt the bed depress as if someone was sitting beside me. After reading several articles on the site, I feel this almost normal now. But, my bed is a twin and there is not very much space so it basically set against me. Mind you, I only felt the bed depress not a body against mine. I freaked out and swung my arm in an effort to hit whatever sat next to me (this was all in an instant) and my arm hit air. I sat up for a minute and inspected my room, but there was nothing more to do than to try and go to sleep again.

A few weeks later some friends were over. All my friends get spooked by my house and I understand. It's an old house with strange architecture. I'm, for the most part, fine with it. However, about a month ago, early October I felt afraid. It seemed like half of my house was coated in a fear you could walk through. While I did feel afraid, I felt like it was not my own. Fear was UPON me. It was thick and its presence was strong. I walked through, forcefully. I didn't want to turn away out of fear. Every step took slight convincing. I went to my room, which was still in the cloud, and turned out the lights and shut the door in an effort to go sleep. I lay there, and my vision started getting blurry there is a heater on my floor with digital read-out on the top. I couldn't make out the numbers. I have perfect vision.

At this point I got up my grandmother, mother, and sister were on the other side of the house. I did something I hadn't done in years and I got up to wake my mother or Grandmother. I went in through room, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Partly out of shame and also I didn't want to inconvenience them for something ridiculous (I told myself).

--- Quick side step ---

My grandma is the wife of my preacher Grandfather. I feel she is the closest thing to an angel in my life. She is very spiritual and is a genuinely kind person. In truth I really wanted her comfort the most.

-----

I didn't wake anyone, so I returned and sat on my bed with the lights on. Then she walks up the stairs to my half of the room to sleep in my sister's room. Immediately I feel the presence subside. (She scared the crap out of me by the way). It wasn't a land of rainbows, after that, but there was peace which was welcoming. I guess I must have woken her when I was in the room or something more on the divine intervention side.

---

Also in between the breathing incident and the fear cloud, I played with a Ouija board. In a different house among pleasant company with no real aim. Supposedly we spoke with the previous owner of the house. Who we hear was a nice guy. I hope that doesn't carry TOO much of a consequence.

--

I feel like I've left things out, but I think I can stop here.

Looking forward to your comments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rascojr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ZiShu (281 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
Hey there, I forgot that I had posted on this long ago. Many things have happened to me since then. I've changed or upgraded many of my methods. I'd like for you to contact me if you ever happen to come back no here and get this message.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
hmm it sounds like you are more excited about these experiences then frightened. I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as it doesn't bother you.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
I suffer from SP too, so I can so empathize with you there. About the ouija board though, you are just freaking yourself out more by playing with it. It's bad enough you suffer from SP without doing anything to entice an episode. I know I can freak myself out by watching scary movies late at night. Mostly though, what triggers my SP is sleeping outside night mode, when I take naps or when I'm under the weather. It's a medical/psycological condition, nothing paranormal though. (Read my story, My History with Sleep Paralysis!)
Rascojr (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
ah, I appreciate your comments lovely people. I'd like to clarify that the breathing was before the use of the ouija board, and I'm feeling that that might have been an isolated incident - since I've never experienced anything like that before or since.

I'd really like to close the door! I'll do some research on that. Will attempting to close the door bring more trouble though?
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
truth be told you don't know who/what may become a part of your life with the wrong use of an ouija board... Perhaps an evil spirit breathing in your ear, perhaps a demon or some nasty dog that died, or an evil spirit pretending to be a demon.
I think, from my experience... That ouija boards tend to bring a lot of lying spirits, that enjoy the fear they produce on the unaware.
The blackness and animal like breating in your ear is the soul reason why I can't stop using the word evil...
I've used one a few times and despite once 150% believing I was talking to my grandfather - who was answering questions only that 1 man could know, I still couldn't be sure it wasn't a lying spirit, after all. It does seem taht ouija boards attract the... Less attractive kind... On the whole.
I was silly enoguh to use one on my own once too, in my kitchen. For a while I would see small black shapes dart in and out of the kitchen, one time followed by something being thrown at me. Been a while since but, in an emotionally active or argumentative/stressful household, such a visitor will thrive from the energy...

Im tired, hope this is anything relivant to your story.:)

Goodluck with that... And if you ever in a really frightening situation and don't know what to do, use the lords name when commanding the spirit/thing to leave you alone
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
If I were you, I would close the "door" that you opened first, so that nothing else can come through. Then deal with what you have already brought forth. Try banishing what you can, and if you have trouble, seek help.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
There are always consequences with Ouija boards. These demons have been following you for a while because you allowed them to attach to you because of the ouija board. You are brave to challenge demons but be careful, if you ride of a lower demon, a stronger one may come.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: