You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady On The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

Lady On The Corner

 

This story happened to my step-dad. He is not particularly superstitious but it was scary for me to hear him tell this story. He thinks there might be a rational explanation for it. My step dad has two jobs; his second job is as a waiter at a local watering hole. He works the late shift and prefers to walk home in the wee hours of the morning (crazy).On the final corner on his way home is where it all takes place.

The first encounter was a couple of months ago. He was walking home and noticed a woman sitting on the corner wearing dark unidentifiable clothes, her hair pushed forward covering her face. He told me that he had seen her sitting there a couple of times, always in the same position, never moving. Then finally one night he walked across the road to the petrol station and called one of the attendants to come and see the woman... And of course by the time they returned, she was gone. He did another night and as soon as they returned, she would be gone. The attendant said that he should take his phone number and call him when he sees the woman again and not let her out of his sight. He hasn't seen her since.

He said that the next time he sees her he is going to ask if she is okay and if she needs help.

I DREAD TO THINK WHAT HER RESPONSE WILL BE!

Other hauntings by carrycat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carrycat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
I would warn him to just leave it alone & do not approach it! This could be an evil spirit just waiting for the "right person" to come along so it can attach itself to him or her! This is nothing to play around with! Please warn him right away! 😨
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
I agree with Preeti on this... Leave it alone! This could be something bad.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Just leave the poor spirit alone, she's not doing anything bad anyways. Now to mention it, the spirit reminds me of the grudge movies. Hair covering her face. Creepy!
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
My dear friend please don't do that I am an indian and I came across these things 2 times never do that she's a witch in search of humans spirits don't know what they do but are hell SCARY.

God bless you ❤
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
Tell your step-father that he is a very brave man. Many people become too scared to say anything to a person that might not be "all there". If he does see her again, tell him not to take offense if she doesn't look up or respond. She may be residual and may not be able to hear him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: