You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Letter H On The Wall

Real Ghost Stories

The Letter H On The Wall

 

My husband and I recently bought a new home and have since moved out of our first home and have found renters. We've spent the last two to three weeks fixing up our rental, painting, dry walling, installing new blinds, and ceiling fans. This past Sunday, we had patched up a hole in the wall that was made by removing an old security system panel. The hole was located in our old room. The patch work was dried when we left the home.

My husband returned Tuesday morning to finish painting. He called me and asked me to come over during my lunch break because he wanted to "show me something". When I arrived he told me to go into our old room and tell him what I thought. When I went into the room I noticed a perfectly scrapped capital 'H' etched on the wall where the dried up patchwork had been done two days ago. I immediately asked him who had been in our home when we were gone. He told me that all windows were locked and all doors had been locked and dead bolted. Additionally, the alarm system had been armed and when he entered it did not notify him that it had been set off. No one had been in our home.

We lived in the home for 6 years and the only "paranormal" experience we had was when we both saw a grayish mirage type image float across the floor. We were both sitting on the couch and moved our heads at the same time to look at something. We then both described the same thing.

I am just wondering what the "H" could mean. And why the spirit would write it on the wall?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freud1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pinklady1802 (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
H means Hell. I just know it... 😲 It can mean other words but usaully it stands for hell.
sianyi (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
I would try and find the past owners and contact numbers to ask them any questions about it.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-24)
Check the basement or any other place you'd hide a body...
KirkoBezerko (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Help would be a very common one, strange only one letter though.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
The "H" could mean "hell" or "help." Maybe it's the spirit's first letter of it's name.
Will0w (7 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Personally I would do some research on the property, Find out who lived there, what was there before it was built, and if possible if anyone else who has lived there has experianced anything unusual. Let me know how it goes.

Will0w
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Interesting

Well not to sound like a broken record, but you could research the rental. Is a converted home? Free standing? Complex?

That would take some work on your part... Finding out who lived there... What once was there. But it sounds like you have your hands full with moving and settling into a new home.

I guess take comfort you're not living there anymore and just patch over the H
KittyKatPop (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
It might have been the first letter of a name or a word... I'm not really sure what it could be, could be anything really.
Ive just though of some words.
Help<--might be it;D
Horror
Heal
Horrible
...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: