You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghosts After Having Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts After Having Nightmares

 

The first ghost I saw was when I was about 4 years old. It was a glowing white man that sat on my wardrobe staring down at me with a blank scare.

I would have really bad nightmares if I slept with the lights off. The dreams would be of me dying, or being poked sharply in the ribs while someone was laughing scarily. In the dream if I tried to turn on a light it wouldn't work and I couldn't talk in the nightmares, anyway, enough about them.

I was too scared to sleep with the lights off because when I woke up there would be a ghost standing there looking at me. Sometimes it would take the form of different people. Once I woke up and a ghost that looked like my dad was sitting on the end of my bed looking at me, but it was white and grey, and sort of shone like a soft light.

Other times it appeared it looked liked people I didn't know, once it was a man in a robe.

One time I got so scared I slept with my mum, and I had a nightmare and woke up and a ghost of my mum was standing there staring at me, so I woke up my mum and the ghost disappeared.

I was too scared to sleep without lights on until I was about 15 years old, because it would always be there.

I am 21 now and every now and then it will appear in the middle of the night, but now it doesn't shine and it fades away after about 5 seconds. It has sort of stopped as I have gotten older, but when I see it now I tell it to please go away and I don't see it often anymore.

If I tell anyone what I've seen they think I lie but I hope you guys are interested in what I've seen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, timmafee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ammellis (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-05)
Hi,

I realize this was posted some time ago, but I only just read it now.

I don't think these are ghosts you are seeing. My intuitive impression is that you are receptive to people's astral selves or the spirit aspect of a person, or what-have-you. I think you saw your mother and father's spirits watching your body as you slept. This would explain why your mother's "ghost" disappeared as she woke up. And neither of them appeared (from your story) to want to harm you or scare you. And especially as the ghost of your dad seemed to shine with a soft light. Demons do not shine with soft light. Dark dark energies manifest themselves in ways that are meant to by horrifying I believe. A demon wouldn't just sit at the end of your bed and watch over you. I don't believe so anyways. Also, ghosts tend to be distracted, and have emotional qualities. It is their emotions that keep them earthbound. They most often want help, or to scare people away from their space.
Some of the others you have seen may be the spirits of people who have died, maybe that you never even knew in this life, so you wouldn't recognize them.

At any rate, I have never commented on anyone's story before, but I just had the very strong urge to communicate my intuitions with you. Maybe (if you hadn't already come to this conclusion on your own) this hypothesis of spirits rather than ghosts can give you some comfort and will make these experiences seem less scary?...

Peace and goodness to you!
clairebear (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
i too have to sleep with the light on, its really does help and whenever I don't have the light on I wake up around three or so with bad dreams and a bad pressence in the room, I couldn't sleep by myself for a long time id sleep in my mums bed for several years then id sleep on her floor when I wake up in the middle of the night, I feel for you because I know what its like to always be scared at night, thanks for sharing your story
timmafee (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Zishu- There isn't a sound, but in the dream when I try and turn the lights on sometimes it sounds like a waterfall, then the laughter began.
When I saw the ghosts, I couldn't speak but I could kind of move my arms to turn on my lamp if I forced them as hard as I could.

Seregirl- it followed me to sydney, then I moved house and the attacks were less and less. I am now 21 and if I see it, I stay calm and tell it to leave and now I barely ever see them, and if I do its for 1 or 2 seconds and it fades to nothing.

Shypo- it still affects me, usually I am the last to go to bed in my house because I work at nights, and I still have to use my light on the screen of my phone to go upstairs because I'm still afraid something will be there: (
ZiShu (281 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
I know exactly how you feel. What you describe are demonic attacks. When you wake up in middle of night, do you experience sleep paralysis as well? I do during these attacks. I see a shadow being whom takes the form of my cousin, sister, brother in law, and grandma. In fact this morning I was attacked. Sometimes they are accompanied by a certain sound. I don't know why but I do have dreams of being poke in the ribs as well, or horrible dreams of accidents happening to my rib, boy does it really hurt.
I too cannot sleep without the lights. For some reason the lights keep them away. If I were you, try praying before sleep, and keeping an open bible near your bed, it keeps them away.
God Bless
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Hello timmafee,

Thats freaky...
Theres a little boy that stands in the corner of my room and just stares straight ahead of himself... I won't go into details with him Because sometimes its not pleasent the way I see him. I will write it up soon though!
I understand how creepy that can be for a small child.

xXelliemayXx ❤
seregirl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Wow, how creepy- they took the form of your parents! Have they followed you to where you are now, or are you still living in the same house? I'm curious if anything else has happened besides them just appearing to you.
shypo (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
it must have really affected you - instead of "stare" you wrote "scare" in the first paragraph - Freudian slip?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: