You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Living Enrichment Center 2

Real Ghost Stories

Living Enrichment Center 2

 

This is my second story about the Living Enrichment Center, an abandoned worker rehabilitation center in Wilsonville, Oregon. I had some bizarre experiences there before, which I wrote about in my first story. It actually took a little nerve to come back a second time after what happened the first time. When I told my younger brother about what happened there he was excited and wanted to go. Originally I said no way, because I was a little freaked out. He convinced me eventually to go back.

This story takes place during August of 2009. A year ago I came to the LEC to take pictures with my friend. I was hoping to capture something unusual but I just ended up with some pictures of an abandoned building. This August, my brother convinced me to come back. Here is what happened.

My little brother (21) and I (27) drove to Wilsonville the third week of August. It was a couple days after his birthday. The light of the day was failing, I think it was somewhere around 6pm. We parked a ways away from the LEC and walked through the woods to the hole in the fence. The familiar building came into view. I was still a bit apprehensive but feeling confident. First my brother wanted to check the whole place out. We walked around a little and looked at the various rooms and hallways. It's a pretty huge place. I started to get this weird feeling like someone else was there besides us. I had heard stories of squatters hanging around the LEC but there didn't seem to be anyone around. I brought this to my brother's attention so we shouted "Hello" a couple times to announce our presence. We got no response. We kept our eyes open but found no evidence of anyone being there recently. At one point we found a staircase that lead to an upper level I had never seen, so we went up. It led to a row of small offices that I assume belonged to upper management. I peeked inside a few and they were totally destroyed. There was a desk that had been broken in half in the center and papers were scattered everywhere.

Suddenly there was a noise that made us both stop at the same time. We made eye contact but said nothing as the sound gradually got louder. It was a rattling noise that resembled someone shaking a spray paint can. It started quiet and far away, like it was coming from the downstairs area of the building, but it was getting closer. Soon the noise was right on us, and getting louder and louder. I asked my brother what he thought it was and he had no idea. It sounded like it was in the hallway with us. We started to head back in the direction we came from and it suddenly stopped. My heart was racing. We shouted out to see if someone was there again but we got no response. I turned back to the direction we were heading and we found another staircase leading up. This one took us to the roof. We walked around on the roof and looked down into the skylights, hoping to see someone else in the building. There was nobody else there. We had a nice view from the rooftop; we could see the sun setting. I felt a heavy feeling as I realized it would be dark soon.

We retreated back into the main building and almost right away weird stuff started happening again. We were heading down the staircase from the upper floor with the offices when my phone started freaking out. First I felt it vibrate in my pocket so I thought someone was calling me. I took my phone out and the screen was black. It was vibrating for five to ten seconds straight, with no pauses. I pressed a few buttons but the screen didn't come on. I wrestled with the phone for awhile as it continued vibrating and finally yanked the battery out of the back. I looked over to my brother and he was messing with his phone too. His wasn't vibrating, but had turned off completely for no reason.

I told my brother we should probably leave because it was getting dark. To be honest I was feeling really uneasy at this point and had an overwhelming feeling that we should leave. He wanted to stick around for a little longer to see if anything would show itself to us. I really didn't want to see anything. I agreed to stay on the condition that we didn't go into the tunnels. We continued on to a long hallway lined with orange lockers. The floors were dirty white linoleum tile. There was a left turn into another long hallway, this time with yellow lockers. A bunch of them had been torn from the wall and were stacked haphazardly in a huge pile, blocking the way. I stood there for a moment looking at the pile of lockers. I was actually wondering how someone did this. I didn't think someone could do it on their own; it was probably a bunch of people messing around. On the other side of the heap of metal I heard what sounded like one of those office chairs with wheels being rolled across the floor. I looked over to my brother and he heard it too. We both tried to look around the lockers to see what was on the other side but it was hard to see past the pile. I could kind of see past the lockers but not on the immediate other side. We gave up and ran through the building to the hallway on the other side. It took maybe fifteen seconds to get there. There was nobody there, and no chair. I was getting a little freaked out at this point and thought it was probably time to leave. It was mostly dark outside and we were using our flashlights now to see at all times.

We started to make our way back to the exit. I heard the sound of the rolling chair again in the distance, but this time it was coming from a room that looked like it used to be a nursery, or maybe a day care area. The door frame was made from oversized plastic building blocks (you know the ones with letters of the alphabet on the sides). The brightly-painted metal door leading into the area looked like it had been pried open. It stood ajar. We decided to briefly take a look. As I approached the door I saw that someone had spray painted the door. It said "This is where the kids played," but someone else had crossed out the word "played" and replaced it with "died." Normally this would've made me laugh but this time it made me nervous. We stood at the open door and shined our flashlights inside. The room was pitch black. I could see some low maze-like walls and a kid-sized play house. "Look!" I said to my brother as I spotted an office chair with wheels in the far corner of the room. It had been knocked over. We decided that was enough exploring and it was time to leave.

As we walked back to the entrance we came through to get in, I was nervously shining my light all over the place, convinced someone else was there with us. There was nobody around. We reached the hallway that leads out of the main entrance. In the direct center of the hallway there was a metal folding chair, just sitting there. It was not there when we arrived. As soon as we got outside the building our cell phones started working again, immediately. My brother got five or so text messages all at once. I turned my phone back on and it was fine.

Was what happened to us paranormal activity or was there some tweaker or weird vagrant messing with us from the shadows?

Questions or comments would be appreciated. If you would like to see pictures of the LEC please check my first story.

Other hauntings by mrdeagle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mrdeagle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ro503 (2 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-03-05)
Hey- really appreciated your stories. I grew up going to LEC multiple times a week for my whole young life, my father one of the "kool-aid drinkers" coined by Willamette Week who stayed through to the final few hundred folks. As is common with cults, some people have different experiences than others, so I can only speak to my own. In my family's case, it was disturbing and has affected me for the rest of my life. Some of the message was really beautiful, but much of it was deeply twisted and intent on stabilizing the early threads of big new age money and power.

LEC was no small deal. Mary Manin Morrissey (the founder) testified to the UN parliament for world religions with Arun Gandhi and would regularly travel to meet with the Pope or His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Many of the names Oprah eventually "discovered" was there long beforehand... Marianne Williamson was there regularly for workshops and as you may know is a contemporary presidential candidate. The creators of "The Secret" were there often giving sermons, and we had connections to other new age cults at that time that are now getting documentaries. It was an original space for "manifesting," working with attraction theory and metaphysics, and spiritual appropriation/colonization en masse long before that became the trend of today. It depended on which side groups you got into as to what you saw or experienced there. My father had us holding our hands over our food at dinner to "rearrange the molecular structure," for example, and would shout Mary quotes at us for discipline.

The financial embezzlement was the second largest in Oregon's history after Raj Neesh/Osho, and to this day Mary and her family keep Wikipedia and online stuff highly monitored so they can keep scamming. You can look up her as Mary Manin and her son, Mat Boggs.

Abranch2212 - if you ever see this, am wondering if we knew eachother. I don't meet many LEC refugees but I've met a few. Would be interesting to swap stories.
allielarue (2 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Oh, and that was in 2010. Maybe in May or June. I know that other odd things had happened but I don't recall exactly. I have been in the tunnels and they are terrifying. Just the idea of having to turn a corner without knowing where it leads and having to contort your bodies in way to squeeze through spaces.
allielarue (2 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Hi, I've been here multiple times. The last time that I actually entered the premises, I was in the main foyer area by the front entrance & aside from the utter creepiness & feeling that you might suddenly be paralyzed, a pane of glass fell down by the stairs. After that we left. I didn't think that there was even any more glass to be broken in the building. I've since been but haven't stepped inside, my friend actually lives on the Villebois development.
YoungLECexplorer (5 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
mrdeagle, please give me a tip as to where the tunnel is. I only found the one that lead to under the swimming pool
RayDaly (4 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
So have you heard about the shadow people who haunt the LEC? I've been through there and have seen them for myself. There's a strong feeling of something, or someone watching--like behind you or close by. That's when you sense a shadow that appears right at the edge of your vision. When you turn your head--nothing is there.

There's also an old man with a candle who walks the upper hallways. I haven't seen him, but I HAVE seen the old lady with white hair who likes to stand at the top of staircases. She doesn't move--and then she dissolves into thin air right before your eyes.

Then there's a dark shape in long black robes which appears on the full moon. One of my friends says it is a woman with long hair. She stretches out her arms and moans. Some people think she's from the old mental hospital which used to be connected by tunnels to the LEC.

Spooky place, just sayin.
moochy16 (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
I just wanted to say you write absolutely amazing. I love your stories so much. I went there a few weeks ago and heard tapping noises along with a couple friends. We immediatly ruled it out as water but then the exact same noise started coming from somewhere else after stopping in the first place. This happened a few times. We went around midnight and only went through the back entrance in that main hallway. We didn't have flashlights so we only stayed around 20 minutes. But we plan to go back soon!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
mrdeagle: Thanks for the link!...Wow, I really hope they can refurbish the main building... I recall from your pictures that it truely is a fabulous building...Hopefully, whatever they do with it, it will remain a public place and the new occupants will have some stories to tell! โค
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
zzsgranny: Thanks for the warm welcome! It's an honor to hear that somebody is looking forward to my next entry. Stay tuned - I have more in store for those that would like to read my next story. Also I've been reading some stories I've missed. Lots of scary and fascinating encounters to catch up on. Thanks for the post!

BTW!

If anyone was wondering about the status of the LEC or what's going on over there, I found an article that pretty adequately sums up the happenings and goings on at the old site. It's kind of sad because it seems that exploring the place now is out of the question. It would appear the building's troubled history is making a drastic turn:

Http://www.wilsonvillespokesman.com/news/2010/August/11/Top.stories/living.enrichment.center.undergoes.transformation/news.aspx
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
mrdeagle: Welcome back!...You've missed quite a lot ๐Ÿ˜Š...I hope you're coming back signals more great stories!? ๐Ÿ˜†
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
Wow! Thank you all for the comments and info! Every time I come back to this site I learn something new.

Abranch2122: Sounds like you have history with the place. Interesting to hear from someone that has spent a lot of time there and has recent memories of their experiences there. I wanted to say, the building you were talking about that is connected by the outdoor hallway: totally trashed. When you mentioned that you got creeped out by it and it was never open for use, it gave me chills. The place is pretty mangled but from what I could see it was probably creepy before it was vandalized beyond recognition. It's a two-story outbuilding with a wall of (smashed) windows on one side. Once you get inside from the outdoor hallway you are greeted by a landing and a staircase leading to the lower level. The landing is dotted with destroyed or overturned furniture, and the staircase is clogged with old file cabinets and desks, completely impenetrable. To get downstairs you have to enter from the lower floor or jump (!) off the landing (not recommended). There are brochures and literature strewn about the carpet, matted onto the floor from rainwater and foot traffic. And the tree sculpture - don't remember seeing it, sorry! Also the stories about the cabins freak me out. Thanks for commenting!

EmmaliAmazing: Thanks for the info about Cabin 5. I will have to do some independent research about that to see what's true and what we can chalk up to urban legends. My fascination is piqued, especially after reading all the comments everyone has posted! By the way, you are absolutely right about NW Demo Service. I tried to go back with my little bro again a couple weeks ago and the place is inhabited by a security team now! I couldn't believe it. There is now an on-site security team routinely patrolling the grounds. It is very disappointing news, if you have never been there before you may have lost the chance to visit it. I think the place is going to be destroyed sometime soon. If I find out the date I'll post it here, in the comments. Thanks for reading everyone! Hope this isn't my last entry into the LEC saga!
EmmaliAmazing (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I Didn't really check out all of the comments but it was Cabin number five that had crazy stuff go down:
It was about 2007 and a call came in to the Wilsonville Police Station from the Burgerking and the call said "Something funny is happening at Dammasch right now." and so the police checked out all of Dammasch and the LEC and found nothing, but the people who live across the street like to walk their dog through there and in the morning the Grandmother [I think] was walking when she saw a guy who was just, being still and standing there, so she started getting closer and the dog started barking like crazy, and yep, he was dead as a doornail and hanging there, in Cabin number three or four there is a wall with the word "KILL" written on it in what really appears to be fecal matter.

ANYways, that being said; The people who live across the street really don't like it when people go and wreck stuff and party in there, so whenever they can they will actually pretend to be "Ghosts," They will pick up bottles of spray paint and shake them then throw them. One of the ladies even admitted to throwing something large and heavy into a pool when she heard a group of teenagers "Ghost hunting"

I love going to the Living Enrichment center but it has been bought by the NW Demolition service, if you want to you can call and plead with them, I already started a facebook group asking to help save it from total destruction.
abranch2122 (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Hey I just commented on your first post... So I just wanted to clear a few things up in case they had not been yet... The tunnel that breaks off to the out building and also dead ends...that's the "main" tunnel everyone used to try and find when dammash was still up but when demolished they collapsed the tunnel with it at least to the property line which is where you ended up... The childs area was just that a day care... But there was also a "day care" in the christofori area (cause we had the awesome play stuff that the discovery zone donated to us) that was used durring church when kids where loud or just didn't want to sit through it...let's see... The staircase you found leading to offices was just that (was it right by the main upper lever entrance?) Me and my grandpa used to meet with a few people on a week day to prepare the Sunday bullitins/brocures aka fold them and put that weeks info in them...I'm sure you made it to the building connected to the main one by the outside hallway? It has the wall of windows which from a google pic I saw have been smashed... That place was creepy when I was a kid there always a reaaaallly weird feeling in there it was never open to anyone and had to do with the cabins and lectures and stuff with the namaste retreat center... Also fyi cabin 5 was where they found the person who hung them selfs... Ne thing else let me know... Also still very interested if the tree sculpture is still on that wall to the left of the kind of spiral staircase to the upper level?
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
fatboyslim496: I am really curious about what happened when you guys went back. Did you catch anything interesting on film? Did you find room 4? I am assuming when you say room 4 you are referring to the cabins that line the perimeter of the property. I would like to hear some of the stories you heard about room 4. I have also heard some pretty crazy legends about the place but I have always assumed they were just stories, nothing more.
It's cool that there are so many people that also know about this place. If you are reading this story and have been there before, please post in the comments! Thank you! And thanks for the comment, fatboyslim496.
fatboyslim496 (1 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
I'm a teenage boy in Oregon. I live around 10 minutes away from this place. My friends and I had been dying to go there for months after the stories that we had heard about it, and we finally made it there for the first time last night. We went around 10 o'clock. Between the three of us there was one flashlight. Nowadays the neighborhood previously mentioned as a housing development is an inhabited neighborhood. Two of my good friends and I parked in the neighborhood and made a 5 minute walk to what we thought was the main entrance. To reach the entrance you have to walk through a big open field, until you reach a pathway that goes into a dark and completely endless looking forest. We walked along the path until we saw a beat down chain link fence. Once on the other side of the fence we were standing on what looked like a paved road, although it was covered in debris. Along the road were several small buildings, each with a number outside the entrance. As we were searching one of the buildings my friends phone rang and it was a call for us to return home, so we decided to set out the next night as well. This time we decided to bring a video camera and a forth person. We searched the area for a building with a four on the outside. Rumors circulate our school about some crazy stuff going on in room four. Anyways, we searched through a lot of the houses before turning back and going home. At that point in time my friends and I thought we had seen the whole thing. That was when I decided to do some research and discovered this page. We plan on going back soon. Next time we will definitely bring the camera and hopefully come back with stories and pictures.
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
Hey RylieH20: That's pretty nuts that you guys got lots of SHHshing and other weird noises. I'm glad you didn't get bothered by the police. It's lucky that the LEC is pretty hard to drive into otherwise I think it would be tougher to avoid police patrols in the area. I have heard that cops patrol the area regularly near the new housing development due to the amount of rowdy kids messing around in the LEC on a regular basis. By the way, I think I know the room you are talking about when you said storage room or attic. The staircase leading up is wooden and painted white, right? When I went in there I did the same thing at first, just stood in the doorway and listened to the weird sounds coming out of the room. I was pretty freaked out about going in because it didn't look or sound very friendly. The room was full of heavy looking machines and big ventilation boxes. I could hear sounds like people sighing quietly and dripping water noises. The dripping sounds were freaky and unnatural sounding though, because they never had a rhythm, they just tapped on and on, sporadically. It sometimes sounded like fingernails clicking on metal. It was hard to be sure of what exactly I was hearing. Eventually I went in with my friend and at some point you can actually walk inside of the big metal ventilation boxes (or whatever they are, room-sized boxes made of metal) and the inside walls are covered with dusty grey fabric, like filters of some sort. It smelled a little dank and felt really unsettling inside. After about two minutes walking through the boxes I wanted OUTTA there. It was so creepy! There were all sorts of noises all over the place. It didn't help that any slight sound echoed and reverberated through the chamber. Let me know if you go back or have any good stories. Or you know, you could always post your findings! Thanks for the comment! ๐Ÿ˜จ

Killtor: In Oregon if you are under 18 you have to be indoors before midnight. This is a law protecting kids from dangerous people that lurk around at night. It's usually not a big deal, though cops can harass kids sometimes if they look like they're up to no good. They usually check IDs and if necessary, drive kids home. Thanks for the compliment! ๐Ÿ˜
killtor (15 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
rylie, a curfew? Is there a curfew in that part of america (I live in england so no chance for me to go there sadly ๐Ÿ˜ข) and mrdeagle and you have good stories, I have yet to go to an abandoned place that has a similar amount of paranormal activity when I was there. Interesting stuff going on there, keep us posted as to what you're up too.

Killtor ๐Ÿ˜Š
RylieH20 (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-26)
yeah I figured out that the tunnel dead ends. Under a staircase? Hmm is it red? We went to LEC three nights in a row, taking a new person each time. The first time we went was when we heard the "SHHH" and we heard it a few times. The second time we went we didn't really hear anything, probably because we were being loud and just messing around, but we went up to what looked like some kind of storage area or attick but I'm not sure. We didn't go to far in but just kind of sat near the door way. We heard many strange noises in this room. Footsteps, whispers, heavy breathing and stuff like that that. It was rele quite creepy. I actualy made my boyfriend lead the way out me right on his heals. I didn't want to be the last one in that room. Other then that there was nothing else that happened. On the third night we went there were only four of us. Three of us had been up the last two nights but my one friends (who scares easily) went. We were sitting in the childrens daycare as we usualy do when we first arrive and she was scared just walking in the place. We sat for awhile just listening and we heard the "SHH" again she wanted to leave right away but we told her that it was nothing. She was still really uneasy about being there. We were there all of Twenty minutes and then she really wanted to leave so we made our way out. We were right at the exit upstairs when we heard what sounded like someone walking downstairs and then we heard a loud boom and glass shattering. My friend booked it outta the place and ran after her to stop her from running all the way to the car. My other two friends being guys stayed and went to see what the noise was. They didn't see anyone or find the source of the noise. My friend being really scared to the point of hiperventalating wanted to get off the property so we began to walk to the car. The other two were a bit behind us but soon caught up. Then I got a feeling that I hadnt had before when we left. I felt that we were being followed. I told my boyfriend that and he turned and looked and then took off running so we all ran. Coincidently we stoped runing more then half way to the new houses (where we park) and we saw head lights of a car infront of us. We ran to a near by CAT (like tractor) and hid, the car ened up being a cop car. We waited until it passed and then by that time we were already at the houses and left. But even as we drove by LEC I still had the feeling like I was being watched. It was weird, because if we hadnt of ran the first time we would have never made it to the CAT to hide and the cop would have seen us. Not a big deal he wouldn't have been able to prove anything but it was past curfew and some of us were underage. Well we should be going back some time next week. I have been thinking about only taking a few people, like four or six and being serious about the whole thing and splitting up into groups of two and sitting in different parts of the building to see what happens. Well I will tell you how that goes.

Thanks,
Rylie
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-23)
RylieH20: Thanks for reading/commenting! It makes me excited that someone else had the chance to go and check the place out, especially someone else on this website! When I was reading your story I got some serious chills, especially when you said you heard a "SHHH" sound. I heard that when I went into the tunnels for the first time... So scary. I can't believe you heard it too! ๐Ÿ˜จ
Anyway yes, the outbuilding you saw in my pictures is the one where the tunnel surfaces. You were in the right place. There is an entrance in the main building. There is a room that is totally destroyed that looks like it might have once been a boiler or some kind of maintenance area. You'll know you're in the right place if the metal staircase warps and crashes underneath your feet as you enter. It's all bent outta shape and makes a lot of noise when you first come in. The entrance to the tunnel should be underneath the steps.
I had a chance to go back to the LEC a few weeks back (it might have been a month ago), hoping to see something new. Nothing really paranormal happened, unfortunately, but my friend and I went back into the tunnels. Where there is a "T" shape this time we hooked right, to the area we didn't go last time I was down there. This path points in the direction of the new housing development, where I think you started to go but turned back. It's really strange because most of the tunnel is dry and clean, but when we went down this direction it immediately started to smell foul. It kind of smelled like sewage or some type of fetid drainage. There were puddles of rusty-colored water all over the ground and the walls were cracked and dripping. The pipes along the walls were brown and wet-looking, and there were ACTUAL BATS (!) on the ceiling. One got stuck in my friend's hair! He freaked out and dropped his flashlight! I followed the bats' pathway to the end of the tunnel, which actually wasn't that far. It sadly leads to a dead end, where it looks like it was collapsed. It smells foul down there and looks really creepy. There were bats fluttering around in the end so we took off at that point. Not much to see otherwise. Thanks for the comment! ๐Ÿ˜
RylieH20 (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
I have just recently visited L.E.C. In wilsonvile and It was about my third time going. The first time I went it was during the day and was with a some what large group of people. Nothing really happened but we did a lot of exploring. My friend that has been there many times has heard screeming during past visits. My last visit was at night and was by far the most exciting one. Me and four other friends went there just to show some people that hadn't seen the place yet. We walked up the driveway into the front of the buliding. We walked to the daycare and as we were walking we heard a loud "SHHH" sound we didn't rele think anything of it, maybe it was the wind. As we entered the daycare we heard the noise again but this time it sounded like it was coming from within the room. We were a little creeped out but we spread out and looked all throught the room and nothing seemed to be there. We sat down to disscuse our plan on where we were going to go and as we were doing so we heard the noise again. We also heard footsteps and by this time I was a little scared. But we decided to go and look through the buliding to see what we could find. As we were walking around together we hear footsteps like someone was running around. We called out but there was no anwser. We walked up stairs that lead to the offices and as we were up there we heard a loud crash from down stairs. We went to see what it was and nothing had changed. We went all over the place, down into the tunnel with the wooden ladder that led under the pool. We also visited the buliding on the outskirts of the property that you have pictures of. I was wondering if that is where you came out of the tunnel because we found a tunnel that seemed to lead tword where the new houseing developements where, the tunnel seem to go for a while but we didn't go in them because our flash lights were running out of battery. I'm also curious about where you first entered the tunnel, was it in the main building? I hope to go back soon and venture into the tunnel that leads toward the houses to see where it leads. You seem to have researched about the place a lot and I would love to hear your imput on my story and my questions.

Thanks
Rylie
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
chicken: The tunnel let's out at an outbuilding in the woods on the perimeter of the LEC property. I assume the place we exited was the halfway point to the old hospital. I know that the hospital was indeed torn down in 2008, but I have no idea if the tunnel is still there. If it is, I don't know where it leads. I know that where the hospital used to be, there is a new housing development. I admit my curiosity has been itching at me lately, wondering where that pitch black passageway to the right really leads. My brother and I were talking about going back sometime this next week, maybe even Sunday. I'll post a story if anything crazy happens, otherwise I'll just comment. Stay tuned! ๐Ÿ˜จ
chicken (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
I remember from the first story that you said that you went through the tunnel and took a left into sunlight. Where did it let out exactly? If you ever wanted to continue your exploration, couldn't you go back through the tunnel that way and see if it led to the hospital?
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
zzsgranny: Thanks! All these positive comments are so reassuring. Thank you everyone. I wish you were all with me when I went there so I wouldn't have been so creeped out. When I go the next time I will be sure to post my findings, with pictures hopefully! ๐Ÿ˜Š
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
mrdeagle: Another great story... I read this one the first time it was on, too... But it's so much better now after reading the first part!...I hope you get a chance to go back... Looking forward to reading about the next encounter!
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
Jennifer40: Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. My brother called me less than a week ago and wants to go back. If I do I'll be sure to take note of everything I see and hear. If we encounter anything paranormal this site will be the first to know! ๐Ÿ˜จ
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
Great story! I was actually sitting at the end of my chair. I read the first part yesterday. I look forward to reading the rest of your encounters!

Jennifer โค
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
DARKNESS: Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the stories. Honestly the LEC is the scariest place I've ever been. I just published another story called The Beach House if you would like to read my newest.

KirkoBezerko: Did you read my first Living Enrichment Center story? I posted a slew of pictures. ๐Ÿ˜
KirkoBezerko (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Good story, but you should have taken a video/digital camera with you, this place sounds interesting...wouldn't mind checking it out one day,
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Hi mrdeagle just want to say this is a really interesting and scary story I have no doubt in my mind that you guys where experiencing something paranormal, I would have been quite freaked out if having been there myself, I actually read your second story first they where both very enjoyable.

Thankyou for sharing your story with us, look forward to hearing more from you.

Dan
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-23)
Hey Grinch, that means a lot. Thank you. I have read more than a few bad stories on this site but if you search hard enough there are some diamonds in the rough. You as well are one of the better posters around the site and it's nice to see someone else who appreciates a good scary story. Your profile says you have posted twice but you want to post more. Please do! I would love to hear about some of your other experiences. ๐Ÿ˜
Thegrinch17 (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-23)
You're very welcome, Mrdeagle! The compliments were well deserved. If you want my honest opinion, you are one of the best posters on this website. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: