You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunting Of Hayward

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting Of Hayward

 

When I was a young boy, we used to live in this old house that was at least 60 years old (maybe 70 now...) When we moved there, it was a big place with a big backyard. I thought it would be the coolest house ever, but it turned out not to be.

The first year, everything was fine, nothing really happened except when we found out that the last owners died of unknown causes. We weren't to scared but lived life as normal and such. So, about after a year and a half of living there, we started hearing some things. We thought it was the neighbour's cat or dog scratching at the fence or doing something annoying. Then the summer came, and this is really when things started getting worse; doors closing by themselves, the dryer and washer going on and off, a chandelier falling from the roof, almost crushing my sister. We were really scared, so we called an electrician to see what was going on with our house. He came over and checked everything, even the unnecessary things, and said that there were no shortages, or broken wires. So at that point all of us looked at each other and agreed to call the nearby priest.

He set a tape recorder inside our house and said to stay in a nearby hotel for the next couple of nights, to see what it picked up.

After a week we drove home, and went inside. Everything was jumbled in a mess, the TV was on the floor, and books looked like they were thrown across the room. We searched for the tape recorder and finally found it. We didn't want to listen to it. We gave it too the priest the next morning and went home. The priest came over the next morning with scared and sad looking eyes. He showed us the tape. It sounded like a girl was screaming the first couple of seconds and then we heard whispering. We were terrified. He then poured holy water all around the house and left as fast as he could. We have had more experiences over the last year until we finally gave up after a year and moved.

I just wanted to share with you one of the worst experiences I've had in my life.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iscute11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

deon1234 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
oh my god that is just scary I glad yall did move from that house or something bad would have happened
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-15)
Where in Hayward did you live? The Hayward Niles Canyon road always gave me the creeps when we drove down it, even during the day. I lived in Fremont for two years and spent a decent amount of time on the backroads of Fremont and Hayward.
iscute11 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-15)
Unfortinately, it just sounded like whispers. We could make out the simplest words (like I and My) but its all muttered... I don't have the recording, my mom threw it out 2 years ago...
LaceyWacey (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-14)
this is very interesting. I am curious as to what the voice was whispering, was it threatning or could make out what it said?
iscute11 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
Nah, we never did. We haven't thought about that at the time, lol, but yeah. We gave up and moved before anything else happened.
GhostHuntSA (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
This sounds like a classic haunting scenario. Did you ever contact a paranormal investigator to come and investigate further what the haunting might mean or what it is that is causing everything? Needless to say I'm glad you are safe.
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
Dude. I am interested in what the whispering is. But wow crazy stuff. Even the priest is scared. At least you're safe that is what counts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: